Transferring Euros (UK)?

I'm looking to make a deposit for a procedure but they don't accept GBP. Can anyone tell me the best method for doing this ? Can you just transfer pounds into a Euro account and they convert it at their rates? Or do I have to manually create a Euro account and exchange my pounds into Euros? 

Thanks in advance.

Edited by BaldingtimetoLdar

Your bank should have an option to do a wire transfer from one account to another. They should give you the exchange rate they will do it in, some charge a fee for this as well. Inquire with your bank on how to go about doing this. 

Potentially you might be able to pay with credit card as well, if your clinic takes it and if your card does not have foreign transaction fees and a high enough limit. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, BaldingtimetoLdar said:

I'm looking to make a deposit for a procedure but they don't accept GBP. Can anyone tell me the best method for doing this ? Can you just transfer pounds into a Euro account and they convert it at their rates? Or do I have to manually create a Euro account and exchange my pounds into Euros? 

Thanks in advance.

Maybe they do rubles 😉

• Like 1

I use a Revelut card when I go away, so easy and cost free. Just transfer British pounds from your debit card and when you use it in other countries it is converted to that currency.

Works the same as a debit card and always seem to get good conversion rates.

Maybe this is an option for you

• Like 1

Monzo’s another option . . The exchange range is pretty much on the dot for what the live exchange rate is at the time of the transaction. 

I would, however, advise booking deposits on a credit card, for buyer protection. 

• Like 1

I will 2nd the Revolut option. You open an account, then insert your GBP deposit there and bank transfer/card payment can be made and will convert usually at the best possible rate they can offer which typically is better than these bank rates and bureau de change rates. 

I used Revolut to pay my deposit this way in a foreign currency but i think because i did it over a weekend, it took longer to clear as a bank transfer so be aware of making transfers over the weekend.

• Like 1