Can someone estimate my grafts per cm²

Hello guys, 

I had 2 transplants, one with hattingen hair (5200 FUT grafts) and recently the other in december: 2600 FUE with HLC for Hairline and crown reenforcemance.

Even if both procdedures would turn out good (Hattingen one did), I am still very unhappy with my hair situation and would like to do a touch up in the mid-scalp. 

If would love to have 45 grafts per cm/2 in the marked zone (Donor is still capable of 2500 Grafts).

What would you estimate how much grafts per cm² do I currently have in the marked area and how much grafts would I need to reach my goal.

Thanks a lot for helping me out! 

Screenshot_2021-12-02-21-54-21-928_com.miui.gallery.jpg

Edited by devnull

• Administrators

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Dear Melvin, thx for the video. 
currently it is quite hard to do an appropriate picture with my old phone, due to my blonde hair, the image is over lighten and blurry. 
The picture above was taken by the doctor, an approximate estimation would help a lot 

Edited by devnull

Why don’t you go get a trischopic exam with a surgeon, and he could give you an exact answer ? 

It’s pretty impossible for any of us to even attempt to answer, without having any sort of scaling to hand. 

• Like 1

It doesn't look much more than 10-15.  45 is a bit much for that area.  I'd try to get to 25-30, in which case I'd say 1200-1500 tops.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Devnull,

It probably isn’t going to be real accurate if somebody tries to give you an estimate on how many grafts per cm2 you’ve received.   Frankly, the best thing to do it would be to ask your surgeon and perhaps he or she would be able to give you a more accurate answer.

Alternately, you can attempt to resize the photo to be accurate in terms of size so that the picture of your scalp on the screen is the same size as your actual head.  You can then use a draw or paint program to create a cubic centimeter and then try to count the number of grafts In that area.  You can do this in a couple different areas in the scalp to get a general idea and an approximate average on density.

I hope this helps 

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

12 minutes ago, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

Devnull,

It probably isn’t going to be real accurate if somebody tries to give you an estimate on how many grafts per cm2 you’ve received.   Frankly, the best thing to do it would be to ask your surgeon and perhaps he or she would be able to give you a more accurate answer.

Alternately, you can attempt to resize the photo to be accurate in terms of size so that the picture of your scalp on the screen is the same size as your actual head.  You can then use a draw or paint program to create a cubic centimeter and then try to count the number of grafts In that area.  You can do this in a couple different areas in the scalp to get a general idea and an approximate average on density.

I hope this helps 

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Thank you, I think that’s fair, I will just wait for my next appointment and let the doctor calculate the density. 

After overall 7800 Grafts placed in the Norwood 5a area, even with a small crown and high sides, I feel like loosing the battle, in the end. 

2 hours ago, Curious25 said:

Why don’t you go get a trischopic exam with a surgeon, and he could give you an exact answer ? 

It’s pretty impossible for any of us to even attempt to answer, without having any sort of scaling to hand. 

Well said.

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY