Hair Loss Meds Early

HairEnthusiast101

This is a question more out of interest than anything. I feel sometimes many don’t hop on Fin/Dut until they have receded quite a bit. Also genetics since it plays a top role in hair loss I was just curious if any of you got on Fin/Dut at a younger age maybe when you had advanced a bit but not fully and if over maybe like a 10+ year span your hair looked the same or still lost exponentially?

• Administrators

Look up @MazAB family history of Norwood 6, losing hair in early 20s. He got on fin at 24 and kept almost all his hair, besides what was already lost. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Look up @MazAB family history of Norwood 6, losing hair in early 20s. He got on fin at 24 and kept almost all his hair, besides what was already lost. 

Thank you Melvin and Curious 25. I will check it both out. Pretty insane to keep hair with fin and not lose its effectiveness. Really shows how important these drugs are if you are not super sensitive to fin/Dut. I actually love taking the pill lol it makes me feel better and feel bad when I don’t lol 

I don’t speak out about much ,, just crack some jokes here n there .. but finasteride definitely slowed down my hairloss.. I tried it off n on but didn’t take it seriously as Boone wants to be on meds when they young. But when my hairloss got to a point of no denial , I had no choice but go on the meds .. n it worked for me n my hair stopped falling as much .. I pretty much kept most of my hair in the last 4 years since I used it almost daily .. 

n I recovered my hairline from the hairtransplant .. so I’m a norwood 1 at 42.. when I was norwood 2.5 at 38

.. but then again hairloss,  didn’t run in my family , no one bald in my family , so it might not work as well on others where the hairloss genes is stronger than the meds , it can only do so much .. but yeah it helps n it works. 

• 4 weeks later...