Eugenix HT - 2000 grafts - March 24,2022 - Dr.Das

Starting this post to capture my HT journey with Eugenix. I traveled from Chicago to Delhi for a procedure scheduled tomorrow 3/24. I’ll post specifics on number of grafts tomorrow post op. Very excited but also nervous to see how this all plays out! 

So far the hardest thing about the journey is the travel. This isn’t my first trip to India (parents from india) but rather the first in a long time. I almost forgot how brutal of a flight it is from the states 😆 On top of that there’s so much documentation you need to have squared away related to visas and covid. I truly felt relieved when I finally landed in Delhi late last night. The eugenix customer service has been top notch. I was greeted by a driver who took me to my hotel and was in touch shortly thereafter with my concierge rep setting up an appointment for the pre op, which took place today. Around 4pm today I visited the eugenix clinic for the first time and got my blood pressure and pictures taken. I’m scheduled for my HT tomorrow at 10:30.

Wish me luck!  

Attached are pics of me today so you can get an idea of my hair type. I have recession around my temples and thinning at the crown. Thankfully the thickness of my hair allows me cover those areas up. Hoping the HT will allow me to keep my hair short again. 

• Like 2

Good luck! 

It's kinda funny, i was literally scheduled myself for a procedure tomorrow at Delhi too originally. I didn't get a Visa granted yet so had to push it back till May, hoping i will get one. 

Which package have you chose and be sure to share with us the design pictures and stuff too.

• Administrators

Nice man, you’re in good hands say hi to Dr. Arika and Dr. Sethi for me 🙌🏼

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Alright everyone so the moment of truth came and went. First let me just say that getting a HT is EXHAUSTING. I had an idea of what to expect but nothing can really prepare you for one until you actually go through it. Now on to the details…

My day started with me waking up super early at 7:30am so that I could mentally get into a proper headspace and also to take advantage of the free hotel breakfast buffet 😂 I’m staying at the Hilton Doubletree which is literally 5 min down the road from Eugenix. It’s a 5 star hotel and the cost is 4000 INR per night (about $50 US). In May 2021 I originally booked the premium package because I wanted Dr. Bansal’s involvement with the planning, extraction and implanting. However, 2-3 days before my procedure I was having car issues and desperately needed to get those addressed. That ended up having a ripple effect on my HT budget and so I asked if I could be downgraded to the exclusive package. Even though it was super short notice and I was afraid I would have to postpone my procedure Eugenix was able to get me in on the same date 3/24 with Dr. Priya. As a complimentary service I was offered Dr. Bansal’s involvement with the hairline planning and designing since I was traveling from so far away and had to cancel my package last minute. 

My procedure was scheduled for 10:30am and I was told to eat a big breakfast. Eugenix recommends this because they don’t want anyone taking all the pre op medications (anti acid, pain killer, pro biotic) on an empty stomach and because lunch won’t be served until much later in the day. After eating breakfast my driver arrived at 10:15am and took me to the clinic. Upon arriving at the clinic I had to take a blood test for the PRP and was instructed to take the pre op pills I mentioned above. Before getting a chance to do that though I ran into Dr. Bansal and I don’t know why but it felt like I was meeting a celebrity 😂 I think it’s because I’ve seen her and Dr. Sethi so much online that they’ve almost become legends within the HT world. I also caught a peak of Dr. Sethi too. Anyways, Dr. Bansal spent a few min chatting with me and designing my hairline. We settled on something very fitting for my face and something that would age gracefully. I didn’t get my temples drawn during this process though. When Dr Bansal brought it up and asked if we were doing temple work I shot back a question at her and asked what she thought. To my surprise she and I were on the same page and didn’t think we needed to do the temples because currently mine look just fine. I also wanted to ask about getting grafts placed in my crown. Based on my pictures above in this post you can see that my crown is thinning. With 1800-2000 estimated for the hairline I was hoping we could overshoot for like 24-2500 and use those additional grafts in the crown. After inspecting my crown Dr Bansal said my crown is indeed thinning but not to the point where I would be a good candidate for that area 😔 While I was bummed out I did appreciate her honesty and transparency. She said I’d benefit from oral Finasteride or topical Finasteride combined with low dose Finasteride. I intentionally avoid oral fin cuz I don’t want anything that alters my hormone profile but I have been curious about topical Finasteride. 

Once we decided on a design I changed into my scrubs and was taken to get my precious hair all trimmed off 🥲 I had been growing my hair for a while and to see it all come off in a matter of a few minutes was so dejecting. But I had to remind myself the end result would be worth it. After the trim they took a few photos and then ushered me to the sink to wash my scalp. The head wash was refreshing and was the last step before entering the operating room. I was so nervous at this point but the nurse in charge was very reassuring and calm. She really put me at ease. I was given the local anesthesia before Dr Priya entered the room to do the slits. Pain was very minimal throughout the entire HT. After she made the slits the techs started the donor extraction. This part took several hours. If I remember correctly I wanna say they extracted 800-1000 grafts by lunch time. They really do work efficiently and kind of like an assembly line. Everyone knows their role and does it exceptionally. 

We broke for lunch which was fire (butter chicken and naan). I’m Punjabi and so butter chicken is like kryptonite to us. Once I finished eating it was back to the operating table where the techs finished the extraction. They were able to get 1800 and wanted to see if that would be enough. After the extraction the implantation process began and this is where I started to feel a little pain because I think the local anesthetic started to wear off. It wasn’t an excruciating pain, just a burning sensation. The techs placed all 1800 grafts in the frontal area before Dr Bansal entered the room and redrew the hairline on my head. Its nice to see her involved with everyone’s procedure even though she has a million things going on at once. Dr Priya mentioned that the 1800 was a little short of the slits she made and so the techs flipped me over again to extract an additional 200. Took another hour or so to do that and before we knew it was 8pm and I was super tired. 

Upon seeing the final result I was super ecstatic. I was nervous to see how I’d look with short hair again but the view point I have now is giving me a sample of what I could look like in a few months with a rejuvenated hairline and I’m getting excited about it! I don’t plan on getting any other HTs in the future but nonetheless wanted to find out from Dr Priya what she thought of my donor area. She said “the donor is beautiful and we were able to get a lot of 2s and 3s to help with density.” Thanks doc 😁

Afterwards I got one final trim to make sure everything was even and then given a bunch of post op instructions to follow over the next few days. It’s def a lot to keep track of but with me being in Delhi for 2 more days the eugenix team is going to help me stay on top of the regimen before I leave. I’ll be going in tomorrow and Saturday to get my donor cleaned by them.

Overall it was a great experience and I’m very thankful to the eugenix team. I know the coming days and months will be tough but the end result on the other side of the rainbow will be worth it. I hope to share my results on this thread as I progress through the healing process. Attached are post op pics of the donor and transplanted areas. 

DFD7F143-1190-4328-B340-DE7494AB49A2.jpeg

4AE017B1-17AA-4D87-9FCD-91CFDD926D78.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, MAIZE1694 said:

Congrats man.

I'm scheduled with eugenix for april.  

I'm more nervous about the flight(s) than the surgery as it's my first time on a plane.

Good luck.

This is exactly how I felt tbh. I had a lot of anxiety about the flight and was watching all types of YouTube videos on “why flying is safe” to reassure me haha

40 minutes ago, Midwestkid0324 said:

Alright everyone so the moment of truth came and went. First let me just say that getting a HT is EXHAUSTING. I had an idea of what to expect but nothing can really prepare you for one until you actually go through it. Now on to the details…

My day started with me waking up super early at 7:30am so that I could mentally get into a proper headspace and also to take advantage of the free hotel breakfast buffet 😂 I’m staying at the Hilton Doubletree which is literally 5 min down the road from Eugenix. It’s a 5 star hotel and the cost is 4000 INR per night (about $50 US). In May 2021 I originally booked the premium package because I wanted Dr. Bansal’s involvement with the planning, extraction and implanting. However, 2-3 days before my procedure I was having car issues and desperately needed to get those addressed. That ended up having a ripple effect on my HT budget and so I asked if I could be downgraded to the exclusive package. Even though it was super short notice and I was afraid I would have to postpone my procedure Eugenix was able to get me in on the same date 3/24 with Dr. Priya. As a complimentary service I was offered Dr. Bansal’s involvement with the hairline planning and designing since I was traveling from so far away and had to cancel my package last minute. 

My procedure was scheduled for 10:30am and I was told to eat a big breakfast. Eugenix recommends this because they don’t want anyone taking all the pre op medications (anti acid, pain killer, pro biotic) on an empty stomach and because lunch won’t be served until much later in the day. After eating breakfast my driver arrived at 10:15am and took me to the clinic. Upon arriving at the clinic I had to take a blood test for the PRP and was instructed to take the pre op pills I mentioned above. Before getting a chance to do that though I ran into Dr. Bansal and I don’t know why but it felt like I was meeting a celebrity 😂 I think it’s because I’ve seen her and Dr. Sethi so much online that they’ve almost become legends within the HT world. I also caught a peak of Dr. Sethi too. Anyways, Dr. Bansal spent a few min chatting with me and designing my hairline. We settled on something very fitting for my face and something that would age gracefully. I didn’t get my temples drawn during this process though. When Dr Bansal brought it up and asked if we were doing temple work I shot back a question at her and asked what she thought. To my surprise she and I were on the same page and didn’t think we needed to do the temples because currently mine look just fine. I also wanted to ask about getting grafts placed in my crown. Based on my pictures above in this post you can see that my crown is thinning. With 1800-2000 estimated for the hairline I was hoping we could overshoot for like 24-2500 and use those additional grafts in the crown. After inspecting my crown Dr Bansal said my crown is indeed thinning but not to the point where I would be a good candidate for that area 😔 While I was bummed out I did appreciate her honesty and transparency. She said I’d benefit from oral Finasteride or topical Finasteride combined with low dose Finasteride. I intentionally avoid oral fin cuz I don’t want anything that alters my hormone profile but I have been curious about topical Finasteride. 

Once we decided on a design I changed into my scrubs and was taken to get my precious hair all trimmed off 🥲 I had been growing my hair for a while and to see it all come off in a matter of a few minutes was so dejecting. But I had to remind myself the end result would be worth it. After the trim they took a few photos and then ushered me to the sink to wash my scalp. The head wash was refreshing and was the last step before entering the operating room. I was so nervous at this point but the nurse in charge was very reassuring and calm. She really put me at ease. I was given the local anesthesia before Dr Priya entered the room to do the slits. Pain was very minimal throughout the entire HT. After she made the slits the techs started the donor extraction. This part took several hours. If I remember correctly I wanna say they extracted 800-1000 grafts by lunch time. They really do work efficiently and kind of like an assembly line. Everyone knows their role and does it exceptionally. 

We broke for lunch which was fire (butter chicken and naan). I’m Punjabi and so butter chicken is like kryptonite to us. Once I finished eating it was back to the operating table where the techs finished the extraction. They were able to get 1800 and wanted to see if that would be enough. After the extraction the implantation process began and this is where I started to feel a little pain because I think the local anesthetic started to wear off. It wasn’t an excruciating pain, just a burning sensation. The techs placed all 1800 grafts in the frontal area before Dr Bansal entered the room and redrew the hairline on my head. Its nice to see her involved with everyone’s procedure even though she has a million things going on at once. Dr Priya mentioned that the 1800 was a little short of the slits she made and so the techs flipped me over again to extract an additional 200. Took another hour or so to do that and before we knew it was 8pm and I was super tired. 

Upon seeing the final result I was super ecstatic. I was nervous to see how I’d look with short hair again but the view point I have now is giving me a sample of what I could look like in a few months with a rejuvenated hairline and I’m getting excited about it! I don’t plan on getting any other HTs in the future but nonetheless wanted to find out from Dr Priya what she thought of my donor area. She said “the donor is beautiful and we were able to get a lot of 2s and 3s to help with density.” Thanks doc 😁

Afterwards I got one final trim to make sure everything was even and then given a bunch of post op instructions to follow over the next few days. It’s def a lot to keep track of but with me being in Delhi for 2 more days the eugenix team is going to help me stay on top of the regimen before I leave. I’ll be going in tomorrow and Saturday to get my donor cleaned by them.

Overall it was a great experience and I’m very thankful to the eugenix team. I know the coming days and months will be tough but the end result on the other side of the rainbow will be worth it. I hope to share my results on this thread as I progress through the healing process. Attached are post op pics of the donor and transplanted areas. 

8C62434C-00DA-493B-A08B-1135A74D85F3.jpeg

Great write up and looking forwards to see how you get on. I went for the Exclusive Package myself. Prior to December 2021 i believe Dr Bansal was involved but i also have now got Dr Das booked for mine. 

Hopefully see how things progress with you till i get mine fingers crossed in May. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Midwestkid0324 said:

8C62434C-00DA-493B-A08B-1135A74D85F3.jpeg

Thank you for your detailed post update.

Here is an update:

1st full day post procedure and so far so good. The donor is healing nicely. Outside of the swelling I haven’t really experienced any discomfort. Eugenix does provide a week’s worth of medications to help prevent an infection and to aid in the healing process. I’ve been taking those in addition to spraying saline on the donor and recipient areas every 2 hours. 

At noon today I went to the clinic to have my donor cleaned and was looked at by Dr Priya. She said I was healing nicely and that I should continue with the saline regiment over the next few days. I’ll be going back again tomorrow for one final cleaning before heading back to Chicago on Sunday. 

Im happy with results so far and still can’t believe I finally bit the bullet to get a HT. Not looking forward to the shedding phase tho. That will be rough lol Attached are pics from today. 57350D83-2F7B-4ED3-9D19-5C2B491AFF8D.thumb.jpeg.725894406a03a59be0e8392d5e414f28.jpeg87D63BD0-6E5E-4B18-93B0-4D32DFD9E22A.thumb.jpeg.fb0df8767c2ff09042ace6324174d2fb.jpeg

9F3E7BED-F76A-4915-8E14-A12C8D6447C8.jpeg

5 hours ago, Midwestkid0324 said:

Here is an update:

1st full day post procedure and so far so good. The donor is healing nicely. Outside of the swelling I haven’t really experienced any discomfort. Eugenix does provide a week’s worth of medications to help prevent an infection and to aid in the healing process. I’ve been taking those in addition to spraying saline on the donor and recipient areas every 2 hours. 

At noon today I went to the clinic to have my donor cleaned and was looked at by Dr Priya. She said I was healing nicely and that I should continue with the saline regiment over the next few days. I’ll be going back again tomorrow for one final cleaning before heading back to Chicago on Sunday. 

Im happy with results so far and still can’t believe I finally bit the bullet to get a HT. Not looking forward to the shedding phase tho. That will be rough lol Attached are pics from today. 57350D83-2F7B-4ED3-9D19-5C2B491AFF8D.thumb.jpeg.725894406a03a59be0e8392d5e414f28.jpeg87D63BD0-6E5E-4B18-93B0-4D32DFD9E22A.thumb.jpeg.fb0df8767c2ff09042ace6324174d2fb.jpeg

9F3E7BED-F76A-4915-8E14-A12C8D6447C8.jpeg

Sounds like they've really been able to keep on top of checking things for you prior to leaving and helping you with the washing. 

I decided to get there a day prior to the procedure and stay a few days after too. Hopefully makes sure that i can also be confident things are healing well. 

4 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

Sounds like they've really been able to keep on top of checking things for you prior to leaving and helping you with the washing. 

I decided to get there a day prior to the procedure and stay a few days after too. Hopefully makes sure that i can also be confident things are healing well. 

Yes that’s a real good idea. If you can afford to stay the extra days afterwards then go for it because it gives you an opportunity to check in with Eugenix in case something goes awry and to get an extra level of care/support. I would have actually loved to stay a whole week after my procedure so that eugenix could do the head wash for me on day 7 but unfortunately I wasn’t in a position to miss that much work. 

1 hour ago, Midwestkid0324 said:

Yes that’s a real good idea. If you can afford to stay the extra days afterwards then go for it because it gives you an opportunity to check in with Eugenix in case something goes awry and to get an extra level of care/support. I would have actually loved to stay a whole week after my procedure so that eugenix could do the head wash for me on day 7 but unfortunately I wasn’t in a position to miss that much work. 

I'm currently i think gonna be there for like 5 nights but because of timing gonna have to see as i might have to pay for 6. 

I'll be there for about 4 days post-op before flying out. I think hopefully i will try to keep off as much as possible but i was sort of limited to 2 weeks but could potentially request more but i was on a work from home schedule for when i get back so i might see how i feel in that las week and if necessary request further time off work.

• Midwestkid0324 changed the title to Eugenix HT - 2000 grafts - March 24,2022 - Dr.Das

Here are pics from day 2. Today is my final night in India. Earlier I visited Eugenix to get one last cleaning of my donor. Things are healing nicely although I do have some noticeable swelling in my forehead which the doctor said is completely normal. Fingers crossed that I continue having a seamless recovery back home and don’t experience any setbacks or challenges. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SD1984 said:

Just curious what were the protocols with regards to visa's/covid test?

As far as visas it really depends on which country you’re coming from as I know india has agreements with a few Asian Pacific countries to offer same day visas on arrival. Most countries will require some type of visa and the easiest way to do it is to go online and get an Indian e-visa for medical. Costs $100 and you typically get approved within 2-3 days after submitting the application online. Eugenix can write a letter for you to submit as part of your documentation. The covid situation also depends on the country you’re coming from because india is allowing citizens of certain countries to upload their vaccination cards in lieu of a negative test. That’s what I did as a US citizen. Once you book your ticket you’ll get more info on what documents you need via the airline website 

Edited by Midwestkid0324

On 3/27/2022 at 2:24 AM, Midwestkid0324 said:

I’ve noticed swelling near my eye this morning and I have a flight to catch. I’m a little concerned. Is this normal and what can I do to alleviate?

Eugenix sent me a pre-post procedure care email, included was an mp4 demonstrating how to deal with the swelling. Check your email.

Oh and swelling is 100% normal.

24 minutes ago, MAIZE1694 said:

Eugenix sent me a pre-post procedure care email, included was an mp4 demonstrating how to deal with the swelling. Check your email.

Oh and swelling is 100% normal.

Thanks. Yeah they sent me that too. I have a 15 hour flight ahead of me and paranoid that my eye is gna close shut 

It will not close shut. Don't worry about it at all. Focus on keeping your head safe from luggage in overhead compartments and everything else that can harm the grafts. Have a safe flight back!

Edited by MazAB
  • Like 3