Dr Sethi, Eugenix | Three Sittings (Mar 22, Oct 22 & Feb 24) | 11,166 Grafts (inc 3613 BHT)

Bandit90

45 minutes ago, Bandit90 said:

Haha, hair greed for sure! If there was ever an advert for getting on the meds sooner rather than later then this has to be it! Obviously, i'm absolutely over the moon with everything to date, and nice to know I still have something to look forward to when graft cloning becomes a reality!    

Well said. Definitely an amazing result and takes absolutely nothing away from it mentioning medication and starting sooner. I just think it shows an example for other people to learn from yours and others journey. 

Way too many times, guys feel too  scared of side effects to even try and save their hair and end up in a vicious cycle. I feel like at least somebody that gave it a go like Melvin and then had to stop due to sides is an acceptable example of doing it the right way. 

16 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

Well said. Definitely an amazing result and takes absolutely nothing away from it mentioning medication and starting sooner. I just think it shows an example for other people to learn from yours and others journey. 

Way too many times, guys feel too  scared of side effects to even try and save their hair and end up in a vicious cycle. I feel like at least somebody that gave it a go like Melvin and then had to stop due to sides is an acceptable example of doing it the right way. 

Completely Agree. I did take finasteride when I was 19 for a week, then freaked out when I read about the horror stories and in the process convinced myself I was getting all sorts of side effects (In hindsight so silly of me). Interestingly, that was when I came across the HRN. When I got to 29 I resumed finasteride, but went in with a more mature mindset following the science, and unsurprisingly did not have any side effects. I do have sympathy for men who reject the drug out of fear because I know how it feels reading those horror stories and in your 20s let's be honest a healthy sex life is very high up the agenda for most, but then again I have even more sympathy for dudes who are high Norwood’s in their 20s because let me tell you that sucks too lol! I do think the best way to tackle finasteride if you are super anxious, is doing a titration phase over six months starting at 0.25mg EOD slowly building up to 1mg ED.  

That is my ten pence worth lol, as I don’t want to go off on a tangent with Finasteride side effects, given the rabbit-hole nature of the topic!

• Like 2
  • Well Done 1

39 minutes ago, Bandit90 said:

Completely Agree. I did take finasteride when I was 19 for a week, then freaked out when I read about the horror stories and in the process convinced myself I was getting all sorts of side effects (In hindsight so silly of me). Interestingly, that was when I came across the HRN. When I got to 29 I resumed finasteride, but went in with a more mature mindset following the science, and unsurprisingly did not have any side effects. I do have sympathy for men who reject the drug out of fear because I know how it feels reading those horror stories and in your 20s let's be honest a healthy sex life is very high up the agenda for most, but then again I have even more sympathy for dudes who are high Norwood’s in their 20s because let me tell you that sucks too lol! I do think the best way to tackle finasteride if you are super anxious, is doing a titration phase over six months starting at 0.25mg EOD slowly building up to 1mg ED.  

That is my ten pence worth lol, as I don’t want to go off on a tangent with Finasteride side effects, given the rabbit-hole nature of the topic!

100% agree. 

It's the same reason i also never started and even though a lot of people would have looked at my hair and said it looks fine, it wasn't to me. So it affects everybody on the Norwood spectrum when it comes to hair loss but yeah, 100% can imagine more impact on a Norwood 4+ in your early to mid 20s etc. 

Honestly, really happy to have met you John and see this turnaround. We always like seeing fairytale endings, but it's nicer when it happens to us so really chuffed to see things fingers crossed ready to end that way for you. ;)

1 hour ago, NARMAK said:

100% agree. 

It's the same reason i also never started and even though a lot of people would have looked at my hair and said it looks fine, it wasn't to me. So it affects everybody on the Norwood spectrum when it comes to hair loss but yeah, 100% can imagine more impact on a Norwood 4+ in your early to mid 20s etc. 

Honestly, really happy to have met you John and see this turnaround. We always like seeing fairytale endings, but it's nicer when it happens to us so really chuffed to see things fingers crossed ready to end that way for you. ;)

Likewise! Im rooting for you all the way! Im sure 2023 will be a great year for us both! 

• Thanks 1

Month 9 Update 

The front and mid-scalp seem to be making subtle improvements month after month, I’m noticing the hair is becoming slightly less wiry too. I have probably reached the peak now for the front and growth-wise I don’t think anymore will come, except for the side parting corridors and the area behind the temples, which had grafts implanted in sitting two. Crown-wise I’m on month 2 and very much in the ugly duckling phase, although I do notice that some of the beard hair implanted hasn’t shed and is growing. Also really pleased with the donor area, considering I have had 5,800 grafts taken from there this year.  

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

• Like 9
  • Well Done 3

Excellent progress John, it's great to see that you have responded so well to the hair transplant surgery. For many clinics you would have been a hopeless case, and now look at you. Wish you all the best for the festive holidays, cheers mate

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bandit90 said:

Month 9 Update 

The front and mid-scalp seem to be making subtle improvements month after month, I’m noticing the hair is becoming slightly less wiry too. I have probably reached the peak now for the front and growth-wise I don’t think anymore will come, except for the side parting corridors and the area behind the temples, which had grafts implanted in sitting two. Crown-wise I’m on month 2 and very much in the ugly duckling phase, although I do notice that some of the beard hair implanted hasn’t shed and is growing. Also really pleased with the donor area, considering I have had 5,800 grafts taken from there this year.  

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Looking solid at the front and a bit of time away for the crown but by months 6+, i think you'll be looking fantastic and we can properly see how amazing of a transformation this will be. The front is already mission accomplished it seems and with the extra temple point grafts and whatnot, i think it will be even more outstanding. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/6/2022 at 12:47 PM, Bandit90 said:

Month 9 Update 

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Eugenix is a top choice for higher norwoods. The frontal part looks awesome...Excellent progress so far in your second hair transplant..I think by the end of your second hair transplant you will get a total transformation! Keep us update !

• Thanks 1

@Bandit90Congrats again, it looks good. Do you think that if you feel like going for the 3rd one for like 500 grafts, what did Eugenix tell you, still possible to extract more grafts if needed in future?

Edited by deadman
  • Thanks 1

1st sitting ~4500-5000 grafts (FUT+FUE+chest), 1st June 2021, India

2nd sitting, FUE ~2850 grafts implanted for crown(primary concern), March 2023

12 minutes ago, deadman said:

@Bandit90Congrats again, it looks good. Do you think that if you feel like going for the 3rd one for like 500 grafts, what did Eugenix tell you, still possible to extract more grafts if needed in future?

Since I pull all my life energy from this thread,I know the answer John previously gave. For further questions about Johns transplants dont hesitate to reach out.

All the best,

Johns Secretary

Here the answer:

"Dr P and Dr Arika recon I have 2000 scalp grafts and 4000+ beard left to use for improving density in the years to come. "

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, davidn said:

Since I pull all my life energy from this thread,I know the answer John previously gave. For further questions about Johns transplants dont hesitate to reach out.

All the best,

Johns Secretary

Here the answer:

"Dr P and Dr Arika recon I have 2000 scalp grafts and 4000+ beard left to use for improving density in the years to come. "

Haha! Legend David! ...@deadman exactly what my secretary said! 

• 3 weeks later...

@davidn@Bandit90

All the best,

Johns Secretary

Here the answer:

One more thing came to my mind, I maybe wrong,

Counting just scalp grafts ###

so 1st sitting, David mentioned 4000 scalp grafts were implanted

2nd - 1585, you mentioned

for future or 3rd if needed -  another 2000 they reckon from your reply above

If we sum them up, it's about 7585 grafts donor has, that's a good number no? Why would a forum recommended doctor rejected......which was mentioned on the very 1st page.

Edited by deadman

3 hours ago, deadman said:

@davidn@Bandit90

One more thing came to my mind, I maybe wrong,

Counting just scalp grafts ###

so 1st sitting, David mentioned 4000 scalp grafts were implanted

2nd - 1585, you mentioned

for future or 3rd if needed -  another 2000 they reckon from your reply above

If we sum them up, it's about 7585 grafts donor has, that's a good number no? Why would a forum recommended doctor rejected......which was mentioned on the very 1st page.

I think my donor must look poor on first glance. When I first arrived at Eugenix Dr P and Dr A thought they would only get 2700 grafts from scalp. It was only when they dyed my donor black and shaved it down, they realised it was actually good. I distinctly remember the senior tech who was doing the punching calling for Dr Pradeep and Arika as he was shocked how well the donor was looking and thought he could go much higher with scalp grafts. As a result the plan changed mid-surgery and pradeep lowered the hairline to 8cm. 

Going back to your point about being rejected by forum recommended docs, I think it has a lot to do with my donor looking poor on first appearance. I saw Dr Wong in London 2019 and he flat out rejected me for surgery, saying I didn't have enough donor to supply the recipient to warrant a cosmetic procedure.

Also worth adding that Eugenix’s donor management possibly allow donors to pushed a bit further, given they seem to have the extraction patterns nailed to a tee, so its possible the 7585 lifetime graft amount is a little higher under Eugenix’s docs, than maybe at other clinic. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Bandit90 said:

I think my donor must look poor on first glance. When I first arrived at Eugenix Dr P and Dr A thought they would only get 2700 grafts from scalp. It was only when they dyed my donor black and shaved it down, they realised it was actually good. I distinctly remember the senior tech who was doing the punching calling for Dr Pradeep and Arika as he was shocked how well the donor was looking and thought he could go much higher with scalp grafts. As a result the plan changed mid-surgery and pradeep lowered the hairline to 8cm. 

Going back to your point about being rejected by forum recommended docs, I think it has a lot to do with my donor looking poor on first appearance. I saw Dr Wong in London 2019 and he flat out rejected me for surgery, saying I didn't have enough donor to supply the recipient to warrant a cosmetic procedure.

Also worth adding that Eugenix’s donor management possibly allow donors to pushed a bit further, given they seem to have the extraction patterns nailed to a tee, so its possible the 7585 lifetime graft amount is a little higher under Eugenix’s docs, than maybe at other clinic. 

Thanks for the explanation. From this I understand, in-person clinical analysis is very important for higher NW's than just sending photos online.

1 hour ago, deadman said:

Thanks for the explanation. From this I understand, in-person clinical analysis is very important for higher NW's than just sending photos online.

100%. If I had shared picture pre-transplant on here too i’m sure most would have told me I wasn't a candidate.  What I takeaway is that it very hard to assess donors on photos and especially more so for those who's hair is fair/blonde as scalp/hair contrast is very low. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

I’m definitely seeing some beard hair already growing in your crown.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Month 10 Update 

Happy new year all! Thought I would change things up for the month 10 update and share photos in harsher outdoor lighting. I’m pleased with the overall density of the results so far and even under the toughest lighting conditions i.e. outdoors, it still gives the appearance of a relatively fullish-looking head of hair for the front and mid-scalp which I am delighted with. Crown-wise I am now at month 3, and still not a huge amount to report, I can certainly tell this is going to be a lot slower growing than the front, but that’s common knowledge I suppose. The implanted hairs into the side corridors on the second sitting are also starting to come through.  All in all very happy to date and sometimes have to remind me of my starting position. Very much a working project, however I am hoping to be one of the lucky higher norwoods who are done in two sitting.  

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

• Like 8
  • Wow 2

• Valued Contributor

@Bandit90 this is a crazy result and when that crown catches up I think we have found our Norwod 7 GOAT! When I look at your scalp donor I just can't believe that it's been touched! Summer's going to be a good one for you John. All the best mate! 👌

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

@Bandit90 this is a crazy result and when that crown catches up I think we have found our Norwod 7 GOAT! When I look at your scalp donor I just can't believe that it's been touched! Summer's going to be a good one for you John. All the best mate! 👌

Thanks Adrian mate! There is only one NW7 Goat and i'm replying to him in this post!  

Edited by Bandit90
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Zoomster said:

Guys are gonna sit up and take action over their MPB as a result of seeing your journey John ,where previously they thought they were a lost cause .

Good on you mate 

Cheers Karl. A lot of my motive in sharing this journey stems from being told I was lost cause by certain docs. 

• Like 3
  • Well Done 1

9 hours ago, mister_25 said:

3-4 Months from now, you will be the shining light of hope for all NW7s. I imagine once your side corridors come in your Front Half is going to look almost flawless. Amazing Results.

Cheers bud! I'm working on month 8 before I see any credible progress in the crown (i'm going off Melvin's timeline). I also had another 100 grafts just behind each temple, which i'm sure is going to make a big difference to when they grow in too. 

• Like 2