HT in Turkey. Any thoughts? And feedback on current situation?

Hi Y’all - First, want to say this forum is freaking awesome! Had a chance to reach out to several people regarding HT and all been helpful, but want to get larger audience opinion on the situation.

My hair is thinning specifically, hairline and crown, as well as the temple on one side. I’m looking to do a hair transplant to fill those areas in. I already know this won’t be a one surgery and be done. I do expect that I’ll need another surgery in the future. 
I’ve done some research since Sept on doctors in Turkey, and Dr. Bicer is the name that keeps coming up. i spoke with her twice already. Once in Sept, and once last month. She said I would need around 2700-2800 grafts but absolute max 3000. She seems very knowledgeable and all around caring about the end result.  I think Bicer is the one, but love for feedback on below questions.

info about me:

- 25 Yrs Age, Currently on Fin (3yrs), Currently on Minox (once a day, 3yrs), and recently been micro needling every week and sometimes every other week.

Questions for y’all;

- Do you think it’s a good time for me to go through with HT? Or should I wait a year? (Hairline btw used to be lower, don’t let pic fool you)
- During a HT, does she cover temple peaks, even though it wasn’t mentioned to her during call? I didn’t mention the temple peak needs covering but she saw it was thin.

- Has anyone cut Minox after surgery and stuck with PRP or just removed it completely? (Hate Minox) feel like it made thinning worse. 
- Are there any other doctors that are highly recommended in Turkey based on your personal experience?

Love to hear your feedbacks or your own experiences!

39E8143A-2EAA-4B57-A958-4EBFFC86D3F3.jpeg

F7D12588-C561-4A2A-A192-437A28064E54.jpeg

739E59A5-8EC6-4C17-B573-3CF29B5D5CB3.jpeg

62A08204-06F2-4D41-BB0C-D6ED0BB99E89.jpeg

Edited by Randomdude
Left out info

• Valued Contributor

I think it's a mistake to enter life altering surgery based on price. With that said I would only choose Dr Bicer if you are going to Turkey. Do you feel the 3 years of finasteride has stabalised your hair loss? I wouldn't bother with PRP as a maintenance therapy outside of surgery itself. Wishing you all the best.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If 2 euro is too high, you're options really dry up. 

You can look up FueCapilar, Dr. Turan and Dr. Gur. I think Gur charges 1.25 euro/graft and he does the extractions and incisions. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MachoVato said:

If 2 euro is too high, you're options really dry up. 

You can look up FueCapilar, Dr. Turan and Dr. Gur. I think Gur charges 1.25 euro/graft and he does the extractions and incisions. 

Hey - Thanks for the feedback! I should worded my post differently. Yes, it’s a bit high because when I talked to her it was 1.5euro which was perfect, but if I’m going to do the surgery, I’d rather be her regardless price. The first one is the important one. But my main concern is, if I should wait or just do it.

2 hours ago, Gatsby said:

I think it's a mistake to enter life altering surgery based on price. With that said I would only choose Dr Bicer if you are going to Turkey. Do you feel the 3 years of finasteride has stabalised your hair loss? I wouldn't bother with PRP as a maintenance therapy outside of surgery itself. Wishing you all the best.

You’re right! And regarding fin, stabilized, I would hope so. I started it when I was about 22 and hair keeps thinning, bit by bit but I’m seeing less and less hair in tub. Usually before it was a lot. Not sure if thats Cause of micro needling.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gatsby said:

This! Have you stabilized your hair loss? It looks like you are heading to norwood 5-6 . Have you tried other stronger medication such as DUT or Oral minoxidil to recover your hair? 

• Like 1

• Administrators

Sounds like you may need to save up a little more. $2 is about the lowest you’d wanna pay for a good doctor. If you can’t afford a decent doctor save up. Better to do nothing than bargain shop, this is your head we’re talking about here. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

7 hours ago, Ajamilo said:

This! Have you stabilized your hair loss? It looks like you are heading to norwood 5-6 . Have you tried other stronger medication such as DUT or Oral minoxidil to recover your hair? 

I think it’s stabilized somewhat? (Stupid question) how would I know if it’s fully stabilized? I am not losing that much hair in the shower if that’s what you’re referring. But I know those baby hairs on the hairline will come iff. Hope she can add hair in-between. Like I said, I know I’ll need a second surgery eventually.

not going to add more medication honestly. Besides fin and minox not adding additional medication.

11 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Sounds like you may need to save up a little more. $2 is about the lowest you’d wanna pay for a good doctor. If you can’t afford a decent doctor save up. Better to do nothing than bargain shop, this is your head we’re talking about here. 

Well Bicer I can afford, it is expensive but I’d rather go with a good doctor. I was looking too see if there were other top doctors in similar range or just a bit lower for curiosity 

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Randomdude said:

Well Bicer I can afford, it is expensive but I’d rather go with a good doctor. I was looking too see if there were other top doctors in similar range or just a bit lower for curiosity 

Never a good idea to choose a doctor just cause they’re cheaper. Dr. Bicer is excellent has a solid reputation for good reason. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Yes it is a good time to go for a hair transplant, but be patient with pulling the trigger on a clinic. Your hair situation isn't the worst. I'm sure you can hang in there for another few months to a year until you have enough money saved and make the decision on a fantastic doctor right ? 

Do it once, do it right 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Ryan Daniel said:

Yes it is a good time to go for a hair transplant, but be patient with pulling the trigger on a clinic. Your hair situation isn't the worst. I'm sure you can hang in there for another few months to a year until you have enough money saved and make the decision on a fantastic doctor right ? 

Do it once, do it right 

You’re definitely right about that! 

Just now, Randomdude said:

You’re definitely right about that! 

Back in 2017 I got tricked by instagram pictures of people getting thick hairlines in Turkey.  

Now I make it my mission to help others avoid doing the same mistake

Im not perfect, Im actually getting repair work done in the following month! 

Anyway... for now... good luck to your sir! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For other high-quality Turkey options with experienced doctors that take on 1 patient a day and do a large chunk of the surgery, try reaching out to Dr. Gur or Dr. Turan and see what they say.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Randomdude said:

There are many other doctors in Turkey other than Bicer. I gave you an excellent option but you said you only want Bicer. 

FueCapilar has 2 doctors and are in high demand, I believe they are booking for December currently. Dr. Yaman is also on the board's recommendation list. Not sure of his rate.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MachoVato said:

There are many other doctors in Turkey other than Bicer. I gave you an excellent option but you said you only want Bicer. 

FueCapilar has 2 doctors and are in high demand, I believe they are booking for December currently. Dr. Yaman is also on the board's recommendation list. Not sure of his rate.

Very much appreciated! Will definitely take a look at them regardless.

1 hour ago, HairMe said:

For other high-quality Turkey options with experienced doctors that take on 1 patient a day and do a large chunk of the surgery, try reaching out to Dr. Gur or Dr. Turan and see what they say.

Thanks, will do! 

• Administrators

It’s not a good idea to seek surgeons based on cost. You should seek surgeons based on results, and then you can start crossing some off based on budget. That is the best way to go about it. Remember results are the most important thing.

• Thanks 1

View my thread