3001 FUE grafts with Dr Sethi from Eugenix. March 1st to March 3rd.

1 hour ago, GeneralNorwood said:

It's not "to me". I provided objective criteria that proves this cases are not alike.

"a lot of beard grafts" is not good argument to state that 2 cases are similar. 

Well, i can agree to this conclusion. 

Tony is now rightfully unhappy about the result and he is manifesting this in overdetailed description of his communication troubles with Eugenix.

Well i understand that Tony got angry when he was hearing from long time "wait, wait" and nothing changed. 

But clearly now Tony has Dr Sethi attention and i suggest to descalate situation a little bit and try to resolve it in private.

Tony, based on your first post, The original plan was to implant a lot more grafts in next procedures, but seeing current outcome you have to establish with Dr Sethi if there is sense to continue HT journey. If possible, you could see Dr Sethi in person, so he could examine your scalp in person. Ask him if he is coming to US this year. You can get second opinion from one of forum recommended HT Surgeons too. 

When I was in India after the procedure, the plan was to come back after the hair grows out and we do any touch up to the front if needed then concentrate mostly on the crown area.   We were thinking that the front would have good coverage by now.  

Last month when I spoke to Dr Sethi, he told me he is coming to the US in Feb , I’m not sure if that is the case still. It’s probably better if he does see me in person than to keep taking updated pics , at least in person he can see if it’s a good idea to do another surgery. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain Haddock said:

I'm sorry to hear this, but I feel this is a complete rip off. I can't help but wonder why you didn't look at Dr. Konior, who happens to charge around the same rate, is one of the best doctors in the world churning out very consistent results, very ethical, above all, he is located in the USA and would've offered you treatment (or rather sound advice) without all the additional noise of having to get a visa, travel etc. In my personal opinion, there are plenty of other talented surgeons who charge far less (Freitas, Cuoto et all), do the entire surgery themselves, and mean nothing but business without the frills of a farmhouse, instagram live etc.

This has become rather characteristic with Dr. Sethi it looks like. He completely fails to realise that the patients he couldn't deliver results for are psychologically impacted in a way that cannot be quantified. The last thing someone who has spent $25K, travelled halfway across the world, waited patiently for a year would want is to be accused by the very doctor who was entrusted with this life changing procedure. I can't help but notice that Dr. Sethi spent time talking about trivial matters - such as your posts on some online forum and your supposed intentions instead of addressing your immediate concern and health. You don't seem to be his priority.  

You've been through quite an ordeal prior to this surgery, you had multiple failed procedures, and the first thing Dr. Sethi should've done is really study your history and your physiology instead of announcing that he would give you full coverage for 12K grafts. You were never a candidate and someone with your best interests would've turned you away instead of making a quick buck off your misery. 

This case has all the signs of carelessness and irresponsible behaviour, which is very reminiscent of what happened with me. Please don't waste anymore time waiting for something magical to happen, take control of your life, get an SMP and move on.

In my opinion, it can be quite lucrative to refuse a procedure that requires 80% BHT work. Such procedures often command high prices. Patients who require BHT tend to have lower expectations, which makes it easier to make a profit. It is not credible to believe that a doctor with thousands of surgeries under their belt would be unable to assess the risks of failure. To me, this situation does not seem like a doctor seeking to test their skills.

Actually I reached out to Dr Konior 2 years ago.  Very nice guy and yes he’s ethical.   I sent my pictures and he told me he work with me but it wouldn’t be good coverage , be basically said it’s not worth going through with it.  I was bummed out , then a year later I did my research on this site and I started seeing 3 names popping up with good results and one was Dr Sethi.  

2 hours ago, GeneralNorwood said:

It's not "to me". I provided objective criteria that proves this cases are not alike.

"a lot of beard grafts" is not good argument to state that 2 cases are similar. 

Well, i can agree to this conclusion. 

Tony is now rightfully unhappy about the result and he is manifesting this in overdetailed description of his communication troubles with Eugenix.

Well i understand that Tony got angry when he was hearing from long time "wait, wait" and nothing changed. 

But clearly now Tony has Dr Sethi attention and i suggest to descalate situation a little bit and try to resolve it in private.

Tony, based on your first post, The original plan was to implant a lot more grafts in next procedures, but seeing current outcome you have to establish with Dr Sethi if there is sense to continue HT journey. If possible, you could see Dr Sethi in person, so he could examine your scalp in person. Ask him if he is coming to US this year. You can get second opinion from one of forum recommended HT Surgeons too. 

However much you pretend to be, or want to be objective, your opinions are just that. Your opinions. 

Sorry if I don't feel like continuing this back and forth. I'll agree to disagree. If you want to continue the discussion regarding to what degree they have something in common or are opposites, you are on your own.

My main point is to relax and reserve judgment until Tony and Dr Sethi have had a chance to talk. 

Edited by Xanadu
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Tony711 said:

Actually I reached out to Dr Konior 2 years ago.  Very nice guy and yes he’s ethical.   I sent my pictures and he told me he work with me but it wouldn’t be good coverage , be basically said it’s not worth going through with it.  I was bummed out , then a year later I did my research on this site and I started seeing 3 names popping up with good results and one was Dr Sethi.  

Also try and reach out to Dr Felipe Pitella and see what he has to say.

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

It would be remiss of me not to chime in as I have had surgery with Dr Sethi also and I had two previous punch graft procedures when I was only 18. As I have stated previously I consider myself as much of a repair patient as a Norwood 7 hair transplant patient. These teenage surgeries left scars in my donor and a wide lateral scar along my hairline in many attempts to remove the plugs and reduce the scarring as much as possible back in the day. Tony also has had previous surgery (FUT in his case) and from what I can see the the yield was poor (correct me if I am wrong). When it came to my punch graft surgery, my problem was that the growth was good, resulting in a strong doll's hair or hair brush effect along my hairline and temples. After my first procedure one year ago, all of the hair appeared to have grown in (the 3,210 scalp hair, almost 2,500 beard hairs and chest and pubic hair). So even from my misguided decisions as a youth, transplanted hair (even from primitive methods) has always proved to grow well.

After all the years of research and three years of communications with Dr Pradeep and Dr Arika I was still not convinced that surgery was a great idea for my repair case and I actually cancelled my first surgery two weeks before it was due to go ahead in 2022. After much reassurance I decided to go ahead anyway. I was though prepared that (like all surgery) this could be the proverbial case of jumping back out of the pan and back into the fire for a third time. However my logic was that I had a solid history of good growth (even from when I was 18) that transplanted hair did grow well for me for whatever reason. Nevertheless I was prepared that my first surgery may go pear shaped due to the 'X' factor that I caution all people about when choosing to have surgery. If it failed then I would just continue with the SMP look that I had been sporting up until then. Three weeks ago I did a podcast with Spencer Kobren due to come out soon just on this very topic of the 'X' factor in surgery.

I am two weeks post op from my second second surgery and as I have stated before there are no guarantees. For all I know this surgery could be the one surgery too many. However I had enough scalp donor to add another 3,062 grafts along with another 2,783 beard grafts. Still there are no guarantees. As a patient who lived a life of scars and hair loss I feel very deeply for Tony and my heart goes out to him. Tony if you wish to DM please feel free to do so. I will always be there for you as I am for anyone from my own experiences. I know Eugenix will find a way and I can imagine how frustrating this must be for you. I am always here for you.

• Like 5

Dear @Tony711,

Hope this message finds you well.

Our dedicated post-surgery care team is available round the clock and have remained in regular contact with you since your surgery. Dr. Pradeep is indeed busy with committed surgeries and appointments. 

Firstly, we request that you please follow the instructions given in your previous interaction with Dr. Pradeep, where he requested you to observe the growth for the full one-year period after which he will get back to you by the second week of March. 

Secondly, with respect Sir, you must allow some scope for our different time zones. We tried to connect with you at 4PM IST, a time when Dr Sethi was available for you exclusively. However, we understood later that you could not take the call as you were asleep. We then confirmed an 11PM IST time slot with you, but we requested a postponement as Dr Sethi was not in a better position to speak with you. It's also better that we connect once we had your latest pictures ready for him to be evaluated.

Thirdly, please hold no doubt that we have understood your concern and unhappiness over the post-op recovery phase and request that you cooperate with us so we can help you find a solution.  We understand your feelings but your comment about Eugenix being a hair mill is unfortunate and in bad taste. We want you to know that we will stand by you as we have stood by every patient who has walked away with a procedure from Dr Sethi, who is guided by spiritual principles and is certainly not unscrupulous with his practice or his ethics. 

In that spirit, we accept the fact that all the hair has not grown back. There are certainly some that did, your case was always going to be a tough one and we are still with you in this story. Dr Sethi has been willing to see you in person in March. 

Lastly, we will connect you and Dr. Sethi via a call tonight at 11 PM IST. We will never leave any patient, past or future, in the lurch. 

You can send us a personalized message anytime and the post-surgery care team is also at your disposal. 

Regards, 
Eugenix Hair Sciences

Edited by Eugenix Hair Sciences
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor
15 minutes ago, Eugenix Hair Sciences said:

Dear @Tony711,

Hope this message finds you well.

Dr. Pradeep is indeed busy with committed surgeries and appointments. Our dedicated team is available round the clock and have remained in regular contact with you since your surgery.  

Firstly, we request that you please follow the instructions given in your previous interaction with Dr. Pradeep, where he requested you to observe the growth for the full one-year period after which he will get back to you by the second week of March. 

Secondly, with respect Sir, you must allow some scope for our different time zones. We tried to connect with you at 4PM IST, a time when Dr Sethi was available for you exclusively. However, we understood later that you could not take the call as you were asleep. We then confirmed an 11PM IST time slot with you, but we requested a postponement as Dr Sethi was not in a better position to speak with you. It's also better that we connect once we had your latest pictures ready for him to be evaluated.

Thirdly, please hold no doubt that we have understand your concern and unhappiness over the post-op recovery phase and request that you cooperate with us so we can help you find a solution.  We understand your feelings but your comment about Eugenix being a hair mill is unfortunate and in bad taste. We want you to know that we will stand by you as we have stood by every patient who has walked away with a procedure from Dr Sethi, who is guided by spiritual principles and certainly not unscrupulous with his practice or his ethics. 

In that spirit, we accept the fact that all the hair has not grown back. There are certainly some that did, your case was always going to be a tough one and we are still with you in this story. Dr Sethi has been willing to see you in person in March. 

Lastly, we will connect you and Dr. Sethi via a call tonight at 11 PM IST. We will never leave any patient, past or future, in the lurch. 

You can send us a personalized message anytime and the post-surgery care team is also at your disposal. 

Regards, 
Eugenix Hair Sciences

Thts nice from you ....so i would request u and tony not to get into any kind of battle which will nt help in solving the problem ...just be focused on solution and see what best u can do for him and make him a happy patient ...it would be a great thing if u solve some of his problem and find a reasonable solution ...it would be a like a trophy to u tht u will make a patient happy and cheer u even with a sub power result he had just cause u stood by him and had some positive solution...so at the end tony can say tht EUGNIX is one of the best..😊

Edited lines

All have seen the art of eugnix when it comes to growing hair..nw its time to show the art of growing relations ...

Edited by Archan
  • Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

Took me 15-20 minutes to read everything. @Tony711, I think you should have not gone for the surgery, On the contrary, I will appreciate Dr. Sethi and team who agreed to take up your case. (Not many are ready to come out of their comfort zones and take a case like this). 

I have seen similar cases like yours and Eugenix has done a great job. @Gatsbyis a prime example. It's not zero growth, hairs have grown back but not good as expectations were set. 

I will suggest you connect with Dr. Sethi and ask what the best outcome is now, another HT is not a good idea to me. Cheers to your future, keep us updated on your progress. P.S- SMP is also a good idea pal. 

• Like 2

Tony, 

He is trying to intimidate you. Don’t let him. Stick your ground. 

He is not your buddy and he hasn’t done you a favor (free or discounted surgery). You didn’t go to eugenix for hospitality you went there for a medical service and you paid a pretty penny for it. He has an obligation to you once he accepted you as a patient and formed a doctor-patient relationship. 

Edited by shiba1985
  • Like 1
  • Wow 1

10 hours ago, Xanadu said:

However much you pretend to be, or want to be objective, your opinions are just that. Your opinions.

and here comes "That's just your opinion" eristic argument. 

Remember that people can judge , which opinions and arguments make sense. Thanks for talking. 

Edited by GeneralNorwood
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Gatsby said:

It would be remiss of me not to chime in as I have had surgery with Dr Sethi also and I had two previous punch graft procedures when I was only 18. As I have stated previously I consider myself as much of a repair patient as a Norwood 7 hair transplant patient. These teenage surgeries left scars in my donor and a wide lateral scar along my hairline in many attempts to remove the plugs and reduce the scarring as much as possible back in the day. Tony also has had previous surgery (FUT in his case) and from what I can see the the yield was poor (correct me if I am wrong). When it came to my punch graft surgery, my problem was that the growth was good, resulting in a strong doll's hair or hair brush effect along my hairline and temples. After my first procedure one year ago, all of the hair appeared to have grown in (the 3,210 scalp hair, almost 2,500 beard hairs and chest and pubic hair). So even from my misguided decisions as a youth, transplanted hair (even from primitive methods) has always proved to grow well.

After all the years of research and three years of communications with Dr Pradeep and Dr Arika I was still not convinced that surgery was a great idea for my repair case and I actually cancelled my first surgery two weeks before it was due to go ahead in 2022. After much reassurance I decided to go ahead anyway. I was though prepared that (like all surgery) this could be the proverbial case of jumping back out of the pan and back into the fire for a third time. However my logic was that I had a solid history of good growth (even from when I was 18) that transplanted hair did grow well for me for whatever reason. Nevertheless I was prepared that my first surgery may go pear shaped due to the 'X' factor that I caution all people about when choosing to have surgery. If it failed then I would just continue with the SMP look that I had been sporting up until then. Three weeks ago I did a podcast with Spencer Kobren due to come out soon just on this very topic of the 'X' factor in surgery.

I am two weeks post op from my second second surgery and as I have stated before there are no guarantees. For all I know this surgery could be the one surgery too many. However I had enough scalp donor to add another 3,062 grafts along with another 2,783 beard grafts. Still there are no guarantees. As a patient who lived a life of scars and hair loss I feel very deeply for Tony and my heart goes out to him. Tony if you wish to DM please feel free to do so. I will always be there for you as I am for anyone from my own experiences. I know Eugenix will find a way and I can imagine how frustrating this must be for you. I am always here for you.

Thank you.  I appreciate it. 

• Thanks 1

Maybe @Eugenix Hair Sciencesshould have a dedicated clinic for repairs only. I know they are expanding their facilities to the building next door. Maybe they should use that building for only repairs, with the technicians and doctors dedicated for repair only. Repair patients require more Thought, Love, and Care (TLC).

Edit 2: If Eugenix has a desire to expand, then they should expand in the right direction. I think having a dedicated repair clinic will be the right way forward. 

Edit 1 : Tony, do you have a good hairline ? Maybe you can use some hair fibers ?

Edited by bigmistake
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, bigmistake said:

Maybe @Eugenix Hair Sciencesshould have a dedicated clinic for repairs only. I know they are expanding their facilities to the building next door. Maybe they should use that building for only repairs, with the technicians and doctors dedicated for repair only. Repair patients require more Thought, Love, and Care (TLC)

Edit: Tony, do you have a good hairline ? Maybe you can use some hair fibers ?

The hairline is okay but can’t use fibers it’s just to messy 

22 minutes ago, Tony711 said:

The hairline is okay but can’t use fibers it’s just to messy 

I have never used fibers, so don't have much experience with them. But there was someone who was a repair patient as well. He opted for a natural Hairline and with hair fibers his results looked amazing.

• Like 1

Hey Guys,

Had a video chat with Dr Sethi and Mr.Hariom, very nice guy. 

Dr Sethi doesn’t agree that I shouldn’t have been a candidate for the surgery.  He feels the beard graft takes longer to grow out, and believes I need more than the 3000 grafts to get the coverage for the front.  

I took some more picture and a video , and he believes that 80% of the grafts have grown out,  and he wants me to let it grow again for another 4 or 5 months and then see.   

He maybe coming to the US in April or May,  I feel he needs to see my scalp in person instead of me taking pictures , in person I feel he will have a better visual and idea of what I need to do.  

So, at this point it’s a wait and see until June or July. 

Hopefully, he does come to US and we can meet sooner.  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Tony711 said:

Hey Guys,

Had a video chat with Dr Sethi and Mr.Hariom, very nice guy. 

Dr Sethi doesn’t agree that I shouldn’t have been a candidate for the surgery.  He feels the beard graft takes longer to grow out, and believes I need more than the 3000 grafts to get the coverage for the front.  

I took some more picture and a video , and he believes that 80% of the grafts have grown out,  and he wants me to let it grow again for another 4 or 5 months and then see.   

He maybe coming to the US in April or May,  I feel he needs to see my scalp in person instead of me taking pictures , in person I feel he will have a better visual and idea of what I need to do.  

So, at this point it’s a wait and see until June or July. 

Hopefully, he does come to US and we can meet sooner.  

I am glad you have managed to speak and sounds like you feel reassured that they will do something to help. 

Edited by ahmed9500
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

@Tony711 

I’m happy you had a good and productive conversation with Dr. Sethi. I looked back at some of your photos and do see some growth. Given that most of the grafts are beard, the anagen phase does take longer than scalp hair. That is the good thing about choosing a quality, ethical clinic, they stand by their patients.

In this comparison I see the shape of your hairline is more U shaped, rather than V shaped, and I see more growth on the sides and middle.

9E2D6C61-E573-41FD-BD66-36A1E8DE25C9.jpeg

Edited by Melvin- Moderator
Added photo
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 minutes ago, ahmed9500 said:

I am glad you have managed to speak and sounds like you feel reassured that they will do something to help. Im not sure the waiting game is healthy for anyone, its clear you arent going to get to anywhere bear what you expect (and I dont mean that in a negative tone). Make a plan now, and work towards it agree something so your mind can be at rest. Just my opinion

I agree.  I don’t think much will grow.  But that is what they want me to do.  

5 hours ago, kordi said:

I booked my surgery by the end of this month and honestly I feel worried now 

Can you please share the height of your hairline from the glabella ? Your hairline seems very high from your photos maybe 8 cm, if it is so high then the clinic can implant single hair for 1 cm, this will give your hairline a natural look. However your beard is not dense enough, and your donor looks good due to finasteride. Was your donor thin before finastride ? Are you sure you are not having sides from finastride, i am also taking finastride, the only side effects I have had is a lack of morning wood. 

• Valued Contributor
6 hours ago, kordi said:

I booked my surgery by the end of this month and honestly I feel worried now 

Nothng to worry abt..they produce good results ...thrz always an off result frm evry clinic...even i saw someone needed a touch up surgery frm dr couto tht means his first surgery didnt go well. So ths thngs happen and no one cn guarantee an outcome of surgery as thr are many factors involved in it...

bt one thing which shud be assured of is tht a surgeon shud stand behind the patients in any condition ...

Which package did u choose ? 

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

Tony, maybe you can try using 5% minoxidil, because as i remember you only mentioned using topical dutasteride.

Topical minoxidil can do tremendous job for beard grafts. You can use it once per day, before going to sleep.

Edited by GeneralNorwood
  • Thanks 1