3001 FUE grafts with Dr Sethi from Eugenix. March 1st to March 3rd.

11 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Tony, 

I don’t know why the system has flagged your post. I’ve reached out to Dr. Sethi in your behalf.

Thanks. He just responded but like I said.  He’s taking on more than he can handle. 

He responded only because @Melvin- Moderatorwas nice enough to contact him. 

Just like I said in my previous post …
Dr Sethi, response??  He’s busy until March.  He has too much on his plate to handle customer dissatisfaction.  

Edited by Melvin- Moderator
Removed

• Administrators
Just now, Tony711 said:

Just like I said , he responded only because @Melvin- Moderatorwas nice enough to contact him. 

Dr Sethi, response??  He’s busy until March.  He has too much on his plate to handle customer dissatisfaction.  

6925BE53-F228-4E61-90B7-243B55926B80.png

I’ve asked him to have someone else address this, I can understand he’s got his philanthropy ventures. But someone else with Eugenix should jump in.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

My personal opinion is, something went wrong here. No one other than the surgeon, especially one as knowledgeable as Dr. Sethi, would have a better understanding as to what could have happened. I don’t think a substitute is appropriate here.

Clearly Dr. Sethi cares, so please don’t take me the wrong way. He said he needed to think this case over and I believe that’s exactly what he did. He also tried calling, so I’m not pointing any fingers here.

But if this was me, an in-person sit down, or a video call needs to happen as soon as possible. OP and Dr. Sethi need to pick a time that’s convenient for both of them and commit to that time, rather than wait this out until some time in March.

Edited by Parasol
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Parasol said:

My personal opinion is, something went wrong here. No one other than the surgeon, especially one as knowledgeable as Dr. Sethi, would have a better understanding as to what could have happened. I don’t think a substitute is appropriate here.

Clearly Dr. Sethi cares, so please don’t take me the wrong way. He said he needed to think this case over and I believe that’s exactly what he did. He also tried calling, so I’m not pointing any fingers here.

But if this was me, an in-person sit down, or a video call needs to happen as soon as possible. OP and Dr. Sethi need to pick a time that’s convenient for both of them and commit to that time, rather than wait this out until some time in March.

At least he’s looking into this, but the first time he said he was busy because he had to take care of some issue at their office in Mumbai, now it’s the school so he wanted to wait till March.  But Melvin recommended to have someone else look into it and Dr Sethi managed to get another person involved. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Tony711 said:

At least he’s looking into this, but the first time he said he was busy because he had to take care of some issue at their office in Mumbai, now it’s the school so he wanted to wait till March.  But Melvin recommended to have someone else look into it and Dr Sethi managed to get another person involved. 

I guess only you can decide if you feel comfortable with this. 

Without knowing who the person stepping in for him is, and whether or not they’re intimately knowledgeable in matters such as these (or whether or not they’ll be relaying information directly from Dr. Sethi), I can’t say whether I would be or not.

Though this whole thing really makes  me sad and bummed out, and I just want to say, I’m sorry you’re dealing with this. I really hope you can figure out what happened and not just have it left as a mystery. 

• Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor

@Tony711 feel sorry to see ths happened to u..i believe doctor shud have rejected u as a patient seeing ur weak donor and even not a virgin scalp...and as many people over here are suggesting about some scalp or other biological issues thn actually it shud have been looked into before surgery as the patient wud have given his full details abt past surgeries as well and doctor should have get done all the check ups before sugery if he finds somethng fishy...

Doctor would only be not at fault if he would have genuinely told the patient that he is not a good candidate but we can just give it a try and there is a risk of failure in the surgery and still if the patient agrees to it thn its fine...

I agree that he takes more challenging case to take out his best and in evry field challenges shud be accepted and thts hw u improve and get out the best frm urself but it shud nt be at cost of patient and patient shud be well aware of the risk...thn only it would be ethical...

Just trying to get best out of you at the cost of patient is not a good thng...

Even patients need to understand about ths thngs and thrz always a chance of a failure bt i feel as patients are nt well educated abt ths thing tht much as the doctors are..it is doctors duty to make thm aware abt the failure of a surgery and risk involved in it...

In ur case Correction surgery would be a great risk too...so take ur time and get advice from few surgeons and thn decide ....

As far as the response frm the clinic i can see frm the earlier posts tht the patient is not satisfied and tht shud be fixed immediately as tht wud be the least thing a patient would expect ...and its his right as a patient ...

Its nt a good thng tht a patient need someone else to ask the doctor just for a proper response ...and no1 shud be glad tht the doctor finally responded as it is the doctor's duty to do that and he is accountable for tht...

Whras the refund thing goes its a debatable issue..its understandable tht a surgery cn go wrong so thr is never an assurance for a refund bt if the patient wasnt made aware of the failure and wud have been kept in dark thn on moral grounds doctor may consider refund bt tht totally depends on the doctor and we cannot claim it..

And at last am again repeating tht a need for the help of other person to mediate just to get a proper response should have never arise and any case and i dnt feel glad tht a surgeon is responding after all tht...and i must say tony is a great guy tht after all this happened to him he didnt loose his cool and he is respectful in commenting abt the clinic and the doctor...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

16 hours ago, Tony711 said:

Unjustifiable behavior from Dr. Sethi. Understand that he may be a great person and an immensely talented surgeon, but this is not the behavior of an ethical doctor. In fact, this is more akin to a classic hair mill fobbing patients off. I said I’d withhold judgement until he had a chance to respond, but I’ve seen more than enough to conclude that the response is frankly awful based on your description and Melvin’s confirmation. 

You’ve already been strung around for months and there is no justifiable reason (excluding a genuine emergency) for a doctor who did the operation to have another doctor handle your case. He really can’t make time for one hour for a patient he did a poor job for? A patient who spent over $25,000? A high-risk patient he never should have taken on? Really? 

Seriously, compare this to the behavior of Couto or Konior who constantly communicate with their patients and offer a repair if, at the six month mark, the transplant is obviously not where it needs to be. 

Very disheartening to see this unethical behavior from an industry leader. Btw - they really should take down the video of your interview — it’s ridiculous they even interview folks before their 12 months exactly because a situation similar to yours might arise. 

Edited by Z--
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, DeltaV said:

Very surprising....Dr. sethi was seen yesterday on Instagram live answering queries of hundreds of people and another doctor has been assigned to you. 

I’m suppose to talk to Dr Sethi tomorrow.  Hopefully we get it resolved 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, shiba1985 said:

Would you consider another transplant? What would be your preferred resolution? 

Honestly I don’t know.  Some are telling me it’s not a good idea to get another transplant because of my history and my scalp.  So, I don’t know.

I thought Dr Sethi knew best but now I do have my doubts too. 

7 minutes ago, Tony711 said:

Honestly I don’t know.  Some are telling me it’s not a good idea to get another transplant because of my history and my scalp.  So, I don’t know.

I thought Dr Sethi knew best but now I do have my doubts too. 

Yeh. it is a difficult choice. If you are able to figure out a way to shave it and accept it, maybe it will be a less stressful route to take. Otherwise imagine going to India again and going through the whole process and the up and down post op. 

One thing I find interesting, is that your post op photos are looking good and everything is going well, looking like its gonna grow then all of a sudden you had sub par growth. If the follicles were "dead" they would not have germinated in the post op period like they did. So why did they not grow back after the shed?  I cant remember but have you had a biopsy? maybe you have a scarring alopecia. but its low incidence so unlikely but worth checking it off.

Edited by shiba1985
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, shiba1985 said:

Yeh. it is a difficult choice. If you are able to figure out a way to shave it and accept it, maybe it will be a less stressful route to take. Otherwise imagine going to India again and going through the whole process and the up and down post op. 

One thing I find interesting, is that your post op photos are looking good and everything is going well, looking like its gonna grow then all of a sudden you had sub par growth. If the follicles were "dead" they would not have germinated in the post op period like they did. So why did they not grow back after the shed?  I cant remember but have you had a biopsy? maybe you have a scarring alopecia. but its low incidence so unlikely but worth checking it off.

I haven’t tried the biopsy, but when I was in India Dr Sethi saw my scalp and didn’t say anything other than that he can give good coverage. 

Right now I wouldn’t be ready or even think of having another procedure, specially with this procedure which didn’t produce the results I expected. 

The thing is that your procedure is solely based on beard grafts. 2500 beard vs 518 scalp, so more then 80% grafts were from beard. And i guess most of this beard grafts were singles, which means worse coverage. In ideal world your procedure would have opposite ratio of 2500 scalp grafts and 500 beard grafts, which would provide more density and natural look, but of course it was impossible because of your donor supply. 

This is first case that i saw with so high level Norwood level that had so big beard to scalp grafts ratio. 

And now imagine that you have unlimited beard grafts supply and you implant another 7500 beard grafts on the scalp. It will provide you basically new beard, but placed on the scalp. It won't look natural. 

If im mistaken, please somebody provide case that had implanted 8000+ beard grafts on this level of norwood and the final result was looking good. 

Edited by GeneralNorwood
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GeneralNorwood said:

The thing is that your procedure is solely based on beard grafts. 2500 beard vs 518 scalp, so more then 80% grafts were from beard. And i guess most of this beard grafts were singles, which means worse coverage. In ideal world your procedure would have opposite ratio of 2500 scalp grafts and 500 beard grafts, which would provide more density and natural look, but of course it was impossible because of your donor supply. 

This is first case that i saw with so high level Norwood level that had so big beard to scalp grafts ratio. 

And now imagine that you have unlimited beard grafts supply and you implant another 7500 beard grafts on the scalp. It will provide you basically new beard, but placed on the scalp. It won't look natural. 

If im mistaken, please somebody provide case that had implanted 8000+ beard grafts on this level of norwood and the final result was looking good. 

That’s true , I was thinking single beard grafts not ideal but they made it sound like I would get a good coverage and now obviously it wasn’t correct.   

1 hour ago, GeneralNorwood said:

I believe that Eugenix has a couple of examples like that which have been quite successful.

• Like 2

On 2/4/2023 at 6:13 PM, Tony711 said:

Hey Guys,

Just an update 

No new improvement obviously. I have started topical dutasteride last week, so will see.  

Dr Sethi contacted me but it was after 12am and I was a sleep last week.  So the next day I contacted him and he said he would contact me the next day which he didn’t. 

His team contacted me two days ago asking for follow up pictures but I told them it’s now 11 months out and no improvement, not sure why sending pictures would do any good. 

A friend told me one of his friend went to Turkey at the same time I went to india,  and after 6 months he was happy and just went back again for second procedure.  My friend told me that he saw his results,  and it was amazing and the guy paid $3K.  

When he asked how much I paid he was shocked and thinks I was ripped off,   I paid almost $25K for 3000 grafts just so Dr Sethi would do the procedure and thinking I would get the best results because I was told it would be 30 to 35cm2 in density, but it seems the money was a waste.  

To be honest , I’m not happy with the Eugenix team.  All they do is send a monthly communication asking for pictures then saying wait another 6 months for improvement and let your hair grow out.  

At this point when the time is right will see what other options I have.  

Like you said, your friend's friend who went to Turkey got an amazing result from a Turkish clinic with just 3000$, but you got a poor result with 25.000 $ for only 3000 grafts with Dr Sethi. By paying Higher price doesn't mean that you will get a better result than the other who paid 10 times less money...Most times you pay the brand name and marketing of a clinic...

Anyway with 25k $ you paid on Eugenix you would expect the maximum result and a good coverage, like they promised you before the surgery. But this unfortunatelly did not happen for unknown reasons so far.

I wish you find a solution to fix it.

Edited by BaldGuy
  • Thanks 1

Todays phone call with Dr Sethi been pushed back till tomorrow because he has jet lag. This seems like the 3rd or 4th time he has pushed back   But he has time for Instagram videos  

First time he had issues with his Mumbai office , then it was the school he’s opening so he didn’t have time and now it’s jet lag.  I wish they told me earlier and not 30 mins before, since I have to schedule my day too.  It’s getting really irritating and now I’m starting to realize it was a mistake going all the way to India for this kind of poor service.  Like the other member said , it’s starting to look like one of the hair mills. 

let’s see what tomorrow brings. 

Edited by Tony711
  • Like 1
  • Sad 4

Just had a chat with Dr Sethi, let’s just say it didn’t go well.  I’m a busy person too and my time is valuable.  I have been more than patient, but don’t brush me aside 30 mins before meeting to say you have a jet lag!! 

And, don’t accuse me of wanting something out of this.  

He’s not happy that I mentioned that his business starting to be like a hair mill, I didn’t say it was, but I said it’s starting too  and he accuses me of wanting to get something out of this   It’s funny he mentioned that, after putting 3000 holes in my head for a below average result  

He wants me to wait 1 more month , Sure I can wait one more month.  

it definitely wasn’t a good conversation. He’s a good man with good intentions but sometimes expanding too fast and you can’t be everywhere at the same time.  It’s sad. 

Edited by Tony711
  • Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 4
  • Thumbs-down 1
  • Angry 1