3001 FUE grafts with Dr Sethi from Eugenix. March 1st to March 3rd.

19 minutes ago, Tony711 said:

Exactly.  So far it doesn’t look to good.  They did tell me with beard hair the density won’t be as good but need to let the hair grow out 

I had a similar HT to you from @Eugenix Hair Sciences and wasnt told beard hairs wont give a good density! Iv had 2200 beard hairs implanted in my crown so I hope this is not the case!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ahmed9500 said:

I had a similar HT to you from @Eugenix Hair Sciences and wasnt told beard hairs wont give a good density! Iv had 2200 beard hairs implanted in my crown so I hope this is not the case!

According to Dr Sethi he said I can get a good coverage.  But so far this is not a good chance coverage.  Hoping it improves.  

47 minutes ago, botchedguy95 said:

If you are at 8 months this does not look good.. clearly a lot of the grafts did not survive for some reason, can we get a comment from @Eugenix Hair Sciences ?

What comment do you want from them over beard implants that takes longer to grow, and an additional 4 more months for the 'final result' to show in most non beard HTs?

Patience. If it looks bad in density in 4 months, then maybe we can get a comment then.

Edited by BaldingEagle1
  • Like 1

Follow my Hair Transplant experience with Eugenix!

Nov 16, 2022

12 minutes ago, BaldingEagle1 said:

What comment do you want from them over beard implants that takes longer to grow, and an additional 4 more months for the 'final result' to show in most non beard HTs?

Patience. If it looks bad in density in 4 months, then maybe we can get a comment then.

Actually they did tell me a month ago to wait until March which should improve.  So that’s another 4 months to go. 

Just now, Tony711 said:

Actually they did tell me a month ago to wait until March which should improve.  So that’s another 4 months to go. 

Yup, I think you'll be fine.

I've been reading a lot of overreaction from a few commenters on multiple HT threads, had to quote that guy lol

Way too early to make a judgement.

Happy growing!

• Thanks 1

Nov 16, 2022

22 minutes ago, BaldingEagle1 said:

Read the comment properly, he was told the density wont be as good not it takes longer! 

6 minutes ago, ahmed9500 said:

Read the comment properly, he was told the density wont be as good not it takes longer! 

The first consultation they told me density would be around 35 to 40 cm2. Which is below the 50 cm2 which gives a illusion of being full. 

27 minutes ago, BaldingEagle1 said:

I've never heard that beard grafts take longer to grow,  do you have a source for this claim? 8 months is already a very long time and as far as I've read beard hair is in the telogen phase for 3-4 months just like scalp hair, which means they should pop roughly when the scalp hair does

6 minutes ago, botchedguy95 said:

I've never heard that beard grafts take longer to grow,  do you have a source for this claim? 8 months is already a very long time and as far as I've read beard hair is in the telogen phase for 3-4 months just like scalp hair, which means they should pop roughly when the scalp hair does

I mean just a quick google search, checking out posts on here, and asking your own doctor can help regarding the timeline of beard grafts on the scalp.

Whether 8 months is a long time or not, is irrelevant. Wait until the procedure is done, then you can make a judgement. 8 months is closer to 6 months than a year dude..

and we aren't even talking about the timeline of beard transplants..

You're getting the poor guy worked up for no reason by spreading FUD. Happens in almost every thread. You have a few who jump the gun about overharvesting, blah blah, and 8 months later everything is fine. We all should know by now that results are final between 12-15 months.

If its bad then by all means take out the pitch forks. This applies to any clinic btw.

Edited by BaldingEagle1
  • Like 1

Nov 16, 2022

@botchedguy95

from Eugenix itself via email:

"3 months: approximately 30% grafts growth

4 months: approx. 40% density

6th month: approx. 60% density 

10th month to 12th month: full density  

Beard hair grows more slowly and may take even longer to achieve full density. 

There is no measure to hasten the growth and achieve the results faster. However, PRP has been found to be effective in achieving faster growth in some individuals."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nov 16, 2022

24 minutes ago, civic said:

Would be great to see the before op photo, seems only after op pics are on thread.

I should have posted previous pics. The ones with long hair was in 2001, thus was the night before I was going to shave it and get a hair system which was amazing for then.   The hair in this pics were most hair transplants does in the front from 1996 to 1999.  Strip HT with 2300 grafts. 

The next set of pics are from Oct 2021 when I shaved my hair.  So this was before the HT with Dr Sethi.   In 2017 I did do SMP but it was beginning to fade out by end of 2021.  You can also see the strip scars from the 1996 to 1999 HT

E309D751-715A-46FC-828E-DDB98C37DAEC.jpeg

23BAAAD8-FA7D-44D5-AFD7-3E1F932EF891.jpeg

E950446F-319C-40E9-9E4D-6A80A9841A13.jpeg

D7769838-910E-4E5D-BA60-BDCFE744C847.jpeg

1771C2B8-A129-4593-80E7-252DAC51EB69.jpeg

5DC7CA7C-F5C9-49EB-9F1D-E7776BE0918C.jpeg

5EFC1C12-529B-41F9-ACB1-419C63E8D29A.jpeg

56B86515-C3D2-454C-A8FB-92C818CB498D.jpeg

65B3BF7A-F58E-4A63-A4F9-F4F082E32FAA.jpeg

8D4FDBCD-00F9-484C-A4CE-21B30B1F44DB.jpeg

6 minutes ago, BaldingEagle1 said:

I mean just a quick google search, checking out posts on here, and asking your own doctor can help regarding the timeline of beard grafts on the scalp.

Whether 8 months is a long time or not, is irrelevant. Wait until the procedure is done, then you can make a judgement. 8 months is closer to 6 months than a year dude..

and we aren't even talking about the timeline of beard transplants..

You're getting the poor guy worked up for no reason by spreading FUD. Happens in almost every thread. You have a few who jump the gun about overharvesting, blah blah, and 8 months later everything is fine. We all should know by now that results are final between 12-15 months.

If its bad then by all means take out the pitch forks. This applies to any clinic btw.

I hear you mate and I agree that we should not spread doubt and fear, and of course OP should wait for the full 12 months, but since the trajectory of this result doesn't seem to match what we are used to from eugenix it would be nice to get some comment from them, even if that comment is that beard grafts have a longer telogen phase.. 

4 hours ago, Tony711 said:

Hey guys it’s been a while , been very busy, but I thought I stop by and post some pics updates.  

It’s been 8 months now since having the procedure done by Dr Sethi , but during all that time I was buzzing my hair to 1/2 thinking I can avoid the ugly duckling stage and the let the hair all grow out after I pass the ugly duckling stage ,but it seems that didn’t  work. And Dr Sethi said I just need to let it grow out and give it until Feb 2023. 

anyways since august 1st I have let the hair grow.  Today will be 3 months.  Hair is growing and I feel the mid scalp there are hair coming through. But the density not to excited about.  Hopefully, it will improve as I let it just grow.   So no more buzzing the hair. 

F883A884-D335-4E60-BEC5-885B6F0A9089.jpeg

A64148B5-A911-4260-A083-71174E41E95E.jpeg

7819555B-C69A-4C19-95B1-716447AF1E2D.jpeg

A36C4E4A-FE3C-4E75-92A7-C180625125F4.jpeg

48AAA96B-0E72-48D0-9F22-766A5FBDC919.jpeg

A4D23121-CB27-4D7D-9BEE-AD7C3DAA0AF1.jpeg

CF4BB34E-6D47-4014-951F-D62E697EA6B5.jpeg

2A8BF029-1EF3-455F-B981-D4E8C622B6E4.jpeg

Why not keep buzzing? It looked more dense when you buzzed

54 minutes ago, botchedguy95 said:

Very interest ng. Almost full beard. Yes, I belief Beard takes longer to grow and is longer in dormant phase so less are visible at any one time. But it's also usually thicker. This should be fine in another few months.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Xanadu said:

Very interest ng. Almost full beard. Yes, I belief Beard takes longer to grow and is longer in dormant phase so less are visible at any one time. But it's also usually thicker. This should be fine in another few months.

I feel the beard hair coming out and some are extremely sharp. Felt like I poked my finger with a needle lol.   I think in 3 to 4 month will make a difference. Will take pics monthly and post. 

• Like 3

Fingers crossed you see more growth in the coming months.

I can def see why you're worried based on the photos, though beard hairs do have different shedding phases, so you may have caught it at a bad time. I personally don't subscribe to waiting the full 12 months, and some reputable doctors have offered touch-ups as early as month 6, indicating that it's usually clear around that point if things are going according to plan.

Not much to do at this point, but grow it out and re-assess at 12 months; sometimes that adds a great deal to the illusion of density. If it turns out great, we'll be ecstatic for you mate. If stays a bit subpar, I hope Eugenix will stand by the work and offer a repair (at a minimum).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Z-- said:

Fingers crossed you see more growth in the coming months.

I can def see why you're worried based on the photos, though beard hairs do have different shedding phases, so you may have caught it at a bad time. I personally don't subscribe to waiting the full 12 months, and some reputable doctors have offered touch-ups as early as month 6, indicating that it's usually clear around that point if things are going according to plan.

Not much to do at this point, but grow it out and re-assess at 12 months; sometimes that adds a great deal to the illusion of density. If it turns out great, we'll be ecstatic for you mate. If stays a bit subpar, I hope Eugenix will stand by the work and offer a repair (at a minimum).

Thanks Mate!  Hoping for the best. 

• 1 month later...

Hello,

here is my 9 months update and 4 months which I have allowed the hair to grow.  The beard is still growing but very slow.  I still feel more hair coming though too.  I did cut my side and back and allowed the front and top to grow. 

Not much of an improvement from last month. 

77079E2F-1876-446F-B350-9C3828E1359E.jpeg

B1FB842E-848B-492E-B577-12F2C900E955.png

B1D43DA3-0F8F-4F22-B1AC-8C051698657B.png

214ABAFC-A98B-477A-A87B-D64301E8F61D.png

6792F165-32D8-493E-B545-335CF5775186.png

C84D7E06-252E-4162-8515-E72DF5378211.png

• Administrators

It’s improved a bit since the last update, but not what we would expect. Have you spoken to the clinic. Your case was always gonna be difficult. But hopefully things continue to improve.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

It’s improved a bit since the last update, but not what we would expect. Have you spoken to the clinic. Your case was always gonna be difficult. But hopefully things continue to improve.

I have spoken to them. They said since it’s mostly beard hair it takes long to grow out.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tony711 said:

Hello,

here is my 9 months update and 4 months which I have allowed the hair to grow.  The beard is still growing but very slow.  I still feel more hair coming though too.  I did cut my side and back and allowed the front and top to grow. 

Not much of an improvement from last month. 

77079E2F-1876-446F-B350-9C3828E1359E.jpeg

B1FB842E-848B-492E-B577-12F2C900E955.png

B1D43DA3-0F8F-4F22-B1AC-8C051698657B.png

214ABAFC-A98B-477A-A87B-D64301E8F61D.png

6792F165-32D8-493E-B545-335CF5775186.png

C84D7E06-252E-4162-8515-E72DF5378211.png

Hi Tony,

I will be completely honest with you, it is much better to keep the hairs shorter for a cleaner appearance

The longer you keep the hairs long, the more noticeable the thinning appears

I expected more coverage and I hope you will discuss this with the clinic

Edited by Ryan Daniel
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1