Dr Keser turned me down for a second transplant as Asmed over harvested my donor

Any recommendations for other affordable-ish doctors that perform the entire procedure? I honestly thought I’d have some grafts left in the bank but then I never see the back of my head. I’m really disappointed after hearing that from Keser as he was the front runner for me. To know that not only did I get a terrible result but that I’m going to struggle to find someone to fix it is so depressing. 

7 minutes ago, kw877 said:

Any recommendations for other affordable-ish doctors that perform the entire procedure? I honestly thought I’d have some grafts left in the bank but then I never see the back of my head. I’m really disappointed after hearing that from Keser as he was the front runner for me. To know that not only did I get a terrible result but that I’m going to struggle to find someone to fix it is so depressing. 

How about Dr Bicer ? Or Eugenix ? 

• Like 3

• Valued Contributor

‘Affordable-ish’ has been the down fall for so many patients and if it’s the first criteria on a research list it almost always ends not only in regret but damage. Look at John’s excellent recommendations of Dr Bicer and Eugenix. Take your time and all the best. 

• Like 3

Totally agree...and truth be told, it really takes an in-person evaluation of your donor in order to assess both collateral damage as well as usable graft availability.

• Like 2

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

2 hours ago, Gatsby said:

‘Affordable-ish’ has been the down fall for so many patients and if it’s the first criteria on a research list it almost always ends not only in regret but damage. Look at John’s excellent recommendations of Dr Bicer and Eugenix. Take your time and all the best. 

I just meant anything outside of USA prices, there’s no chance I’m paying $10-15 per graft lol but happy to pay more than what I paid Asmed. I’ve heard a lot about Bicer so I’ll look into her for sure. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, kw877 said:

I just meant anything outside of USA prices, there’s no chance I’m paying $10-15 per graft lol but happy to pay more than what I paid Asmed. I’ve heard a lot about Bicer so I’ll look into her for sure. 

I posted this on another thread earlier:

2923E6A3-2768-46A7-9E42-E123C4B0FDE3.jpeg

• Like 1

• Administrators

Dr. Bisanga is an excellent repair doc, as is Mwamba, both I believe are around 4-5 per graft. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

18 hours ago, HairMe said:

Did Dr. Erdogan do your first procedure or was it done by someone else in his clinic?

He made the incisions, some of the younger techs did everything else.

17 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Dr. Bisanga is an excellent repair doc, as is Mwamba, both I believe are around 4-5 per graft. 

I’ve looked into Bisanga! Thanks I’ll check them both out :)

17 hours ago, JC71 said:

Agreed 👍🏽also Dr Feriduni and @DrTBarghouthi 

Thank you! 

• Like 1

On 3/4/2022 at 12:13 PM, 5BetaReductase said:

Did you visit him in person for the consult? Can you share your donor pics that you sent? I believe you had a little over 3k extracted during your first surgery. I am surprised to hear you have no more donor capacity after this.

I think the issue is that they over harvested one particular area in the back. I keep it a bit longer there as it’s quite patchy otherwise 

You can see how sparse the transplanted area is, I would love to know where those 3000 grafts went, I only had my hairline lowered very slightly. 

726860A9-6821-4B8A-B148-93ED13B5AE1C.jpeg

BDFE18EE-EBC5-4C07-B64B-FD6566BB9570.jpeg

Edited by kw877

Just now, kw877 said:

My hairs quite thin but I think the issue is that they over harvested one particular area in the back. I keep it a bit longer there as it’s quite patchy otherwise 

726860A9-6821-4B8A-B148-93ED13B5AE1C.jpeg

BDFE18EE-EBC5-4C07-B64B-FD6566BB9570.jpeg

I’m not an expert by any means but I would say you still have donor reserves. The next clinic would have to be cautious about harvesting from that zone however so the surrounding density evens out. I would continue to consult with others.

2 minutes ago, 5BetaReductase said:

I’m not an expert by any means but I would say you still have donor reserves. The next clinic would have to be cautious about harvesting from that zone however so the surrounding density evens out. I would continue to consult with others.

I’m hoping so! I’d say that particular spot is a no go zone though, my hairdresser even mentioned how thin it is in that patch.