Dr. Bisanga BHR Clinic - 2507 Grafts 0 - 12 Months

The patient wanted to address his recession while being conservative in the approach. He is committed to medication and was prior to surgery also.

Dr. Bisanga and the team placed 2507 grafts via FUE to achieve this result that was already looking very good at 5 months as shown below and again at 12 months post surgery.

Challenges were that the donor was weaker around the ear areas with a lower than average density, but stronger in the occipital area that compensated and the extraction approach respected this influential factor.

All post surgery photos have been kindly provided by the patient.

GRAFT & HAIR BREAKDOWN:-
1s = 422/422
2s = 1442/2884
3s = 643/1929

TOTAL:-  2507/5235, average is 2.0 hairs per FU.

DENSITY:- (FU/cm2) - 60/85 (Average 72.5)

VIDEO:-

PRE-SURGERY

edsejoi.jpg

PyLkFZT.jpg

PyLkFZT.jpg

BZTGvMi.jpg

KWlzCQ8.jpg

vFyr5hG.jpg

3a87g7z.jpg

PLACEMENT

DNl8DPm.jpg

wbJIBeq.jpg

h3r9e16.jpg

ewJNPQc.jpg

5 MONTH COMPARISON

8mGIDyc.jpg

6hTd5hW.jpg

pVvgCHn.jpg

12 MONTHS

TUyk0JU.jpg

2ss3ba7.jpg

Px7o60S.jpg

le6mOpp.jpg

FINAL COMPARISON

tv5juu5.jpg

pytgMGv.jpg

uWwTvCu.jpg

RZU0QrX.jpg

Edited by Raphael84
  • Like 4

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

• Administrators

Work of art great video too 👌

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

It looks like a really nice!

However, I would like to see better quality photos. I understand from what I see the post-ops are photos sent by the patient but, could we have new close-up photos with better quality?

Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

• Administrators
7 hours ago, Zinedine said:

It looks like a really nice!

However, I would like to see better quality photos. I understand from what I see the post-ops are photos sent by the patient but, could we have new close-up photos with better quality?

Thanks for sharing!

These photos are shared by the patient. So it’s difficult to get the best quality. If the patient returns to the clinic, then obviously it will be better quality.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

3 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

These photos are shared by the patient. So it’s difficult to get the best quality. If the patient returns to the clinic, then obviously it will be better quality.

Exactly this Melvin.

Ideally we would be able to present a recorded video of each patient result, brushing through and parting their hair etc. The challenge we have at BHR much like some other clinics, is that we are an international clinic. A very minor percentage of our patients actually reside in Belgium and therefore depending on the patients location, it is not convenient nor feasible for the patient to return for photos/videos post op.
Oftentimes as can be seen on this forum and various threads, it can be extremely frustrating for the individual to be advised that they would need to travel for consultation prior to confirming surgery, so the challenge of them potentially returning for photos is very unlikely in most cases.

Many other clinics such as within Spain for example, work predominantly with a domestic patient, meaning inviting the patient back is much more feasible.

Regardless, we intend to share as many cases as possible where the patient is comfortable to share their photos and present their case, giving back to the community and we are very grateful to those that kindly do so.

With that being said, sometimes photo quality may not be optimal, but the transformation and result is clear and the quality and naturalness of the procedure is evident and therefore it adds value and has a place on the community forum.

Thank you for the support and comments.

• Like 1

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

16 hours ago, Viney said:

May I ask which doctor did the donor extraction?

This particular case saw Dr. Bisanga perform all punching for donor extractions.

We are currently in the process of preparing a video to share in the next weeks regarding BHR punching protocols and showing examples of work from both Dr. Bisanga and Dr. Kostis which should be a very nice addition to the recent content that we have published and so please do keep an eye out for that.
When it is complete and ready to share I will be sure to post a thread link here. 

It is great that the community and individuals in general are beginning to understand the importance of an optimally managed donor extraction pattern and really paying attention to this.
Oftentimes results may be presented without any images of the donor area post surgery, or perhaps the entirety of the graft count being extracted in a very focused area in the back occipital region.
Not only is this the richest area of the donor with higher hair groupings and more robust follicles, that any long term approach will manage conservatively due to the potential requirement to utilise this area in future surgery and really capitalise on the more favourable hair groupings in the mid scalp and crown where placing density will be lower, but to create the most natural hairline, mother natures most soft and single follicles should be "cherry picked" from donor areas that naturally provide this hair type which is more commonly found around the ears.

So much press/social media related to hair restoration focus purely on aggressive and "desirable" hairline restoration at high density, regardless of if this may be appropriate for the patient or not. The richer donor area is overworked to attain higher hair groupings to maximise the illusion of density and therefore extraction protocols are not efficient or in the best interest of the patient. Oftentimes the patient will realise this the hard way when they return for further surgery due to progressive loss behind the hairline or in the crown and they simply no longer have the donor capabilities to meet the demand.

• Like 3

Nice result came in here and already good at 5 months which is never a bad sign. Donor extractions as expected, small punches, well spread and we took nice soft parts for the hair line as per usual signature tune...thanks for sharing and for the patient to allow us to use the photos.

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network