Jim Gaffigan HT

• Administrators

image.pngimage.png

Doesn't look like much of a change, perhaps that's why no one suspected it or why he didn't say anything. It looks natural, which is a good thing.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

51 minutes ago, Gokuhairline said:

actually ....not sure if hes trolling or not but i was on a 2-3 month bulk phase eating caloric surplus, lifting heavy, creatine, whey , vitamins, supps you name it and while i added lbs/mass the hair also grew lol 

I really don't think he's trolling. I think he is being self-deprecating while at the same time admitting to a HT.... i really don't think that amount of loss could just grow back haha

interesting that you had regrowth though, as i always heard that lifting and especially creatine was NOT good for hair growth...

Just now, Melvin- Moderator said:

image.pngimage.png

Doesn't look like much of a change, perhaps that's why no one suspected it or why he didn't say anything. It looks natural, which is a good thing.

I totally disagree. IMO he had literally nothing on the mid-scalp in his earlier days...

Now he has way more in the mid-scalp, it is just fine blonde hair and high-up.

2 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

image.pngimage.png

Oh i see what you mean. I misunderstood. I thought you were saying he hadn't had one done...

Yes it does look very natural indeed

• Administrators
1 minute ago, follically challenged said:

I totally disagree. IMO he had literally nothing on the mid-scalp in his earlier days...

Now he has way more in the mid-scalp, it is just fine blonde hair and high-up.

I think what the doctor did was focus more density on the midscalp than the front. It's a double edged sword, it looks natural, but still balding. I think he should have had more of a solid hairline and lightly covered the midscalp.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Kudos to him. Celebrities breaking the taboo of a hair transplant is a good thing. 

Women can get elective cosmetic procedures all the time and the most common for a male, probably even more so a trickier one due to the amount of variables is frowned down upon even in such an image driven modern society. Like make your minds up, do you wanna roast people for balding or also roast them if they address the issues and put them in a no-win situation. Leading to the majority keeping quiet for fear of ridicule. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

Kudos to him. Celebrities breaking the taboo of a hair transplant is a good thing. 

Women can get elective cosmetic procedures all the time and the most common for a male, probably even more so a trickier one due to the amount of variables is frowned down upon even in such an image driven modern society. Like make your minds up, do you wanna roast people for balding or also roast them if they address the issues and put them in a no-win situation. Leading to the majority keeping quiet for fear of ridicule. 

You hit the nail on the head, man. 

Partly the reason i do such posts. The sooner more celebrities own up to getting their HTs, the faster it becomes normalised and takes away some of the stigma.

• Like 1

• Moderators
12 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I think what the doctor did was focus more density on the midscalp than the front. It's a double edged sword, it looks natural, but still balding. I think he should have had more of a solid hairline and lightly covered the midscalp.

My guess is that he may have purposely went for a very high hairline, so it wouldn't be obvious that he had a hair transplant. It's hard when you have to be seen by lots of people on a regular basis and you know they will be criticizing you if it's too noticeable. I don't know when he had it done, but until recently it wasn't as acceptable to have a hair transplant.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Moderators
12 hours ago, follically challenged said:

I really don't think he's trolling. I think he is being self-deprecating while at the same time admitting to a HT.... i really don't think that amount of loss could just grow back haha

interesting that you had regrowth though, as i always heard that lifting and especially creatine was NOT good for hair growth...

Lifting weights always made my hair fall out faster and that's without ever taking any supplements or any type of substance.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

1 hour ago, BeHappy said:

Lifting weights always made my hair fall out faster and that's without ever taking any supplements or any type of substance.

I think there's no full study on it but working out can increase testosterone production  and thus converts more into DHT but its difficult to place that blame solely there as Hair Loss is multi-factorial etc. and maybe a change in diet could have triggered it too. 

• Administrators

I think any increase in testosterone can theoretically increase DHT, thus causing more hair loss.

View my thread

1 hour ago, follically challenged said:

I did also think i spotted a FUT line but couldnt be totally sure...

He also said "transplants" in his tweet. It is possible he'd been for more than 1 FUT procedure and stuff but not been potentially using medication which is why the hairline was set so high too. 

• Like 1