My transplant experience with Dr. Couto - FUExpert clinuc, Madrid.

David Maman

Hello guys
My name is David, 41 yo.

I want to share my experience with Dr Couto from Madrid.

So, here is my story:
I've been thinking about the transplant idea for 3 years.
I've been reading as much information as I can, and had many concerns with the procedure and the final result, mainly because I'm not totally bald and I was afraid to do more damage than success...I saw some good cases and also some bad ones which make me think about it over and over again...
I was certain of one thing - I will put my head only with one of the Top3 doctors in the world and I don't care about the cost...this is my face after all and I'm not going to take any chances here.
So I went and started investigating who are the top clinics in the industry - I was in touch with HDC, Lorenzo, dr cole from US, and Dr Couto from Madrid. looking at couto social network channels, mainly his youtube channel you can immediately see that this guy is an artist! What a results!
I reached out to the clinic and realize that i should wait a year for consultation meeting and then one more year for the operation which was very disappointing for me…
Few months later I was visiting Barcelona on a vacation and I tried my luck reaching out to the clinic and asking them if by any chance they would agree to accept me for consultation since I'm already in Spain, a few hours trip away from them...I was sure they won't...BUT, surprise! They told me I can come tomorrow!! 
I was excited. I took a train from Barcelona to Madrid (you should try it, 300KPH!) and I was in Madrid in 3 hours.

16:00 I'm in the clinic, meeting the doctor.
i was thinking that this will be a 30 mins meeting.
I was amazed by the fact that the doctor sat with me for way more. very patient, he answered ALL my questions, carefully checking my donor area with a microscope, introduced me with his team and didn't left one question unanswered.
As i said, i already did some meeting consultations before, which didn't make me feel so comfortable and confidence with the process, but after this meeting, i was sure in 2 things:
(1) I now have a good level of confidence in the process and I'm doing it! no more doubts!
(2) The only one that will touch my head is Dr Couto!

Operation scheduled.
During the wait for the operation I had tons of questions to the clinic via Whatsapp...Dr couto himself answered me and when it was too much for written communication the Doctor had a video call with me to explain everything.
Customer care that is beyond my imagination.

Operation Day: 18/10/2021
Excitement. The operation went for 3 days.3500 grafts. front area (crown will be done in the second session, one year from now) 
Only 2 operations in parallel so you get very good attention. The doctor himself transplanted the grafts of course. All the team are extremely nice and professional. gives a good feeling. 
No pain, most of the time i was sleeping.
In the evenings i was traveling in Madrid including Atletico Madrid soccer game. did not felt any pain or something.

Today, 18/02/2022 is exactly 4 month after the operation.
See the pictures I have attached. I think it speaks louder than anything else I will explain here.
worth every penny…
life changing…
don't think twice guys, do your research and go for it!!
feel free to ask me anything
thanks
David 

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

33.JPG

34.JPG

35.JPG

36.JPG

• Like 5

Wow! This is going to be a really interesting thread. A new case from Dr Couto, this one with great difficulty for sure due to that diffuse that you have.

What I'm amazed is that they took you one day after you called them, such a lucky man. For sure they had some cancellation or something because that is not the usual with this clinic.

And you had the complete work done on your temples!!! Wow, wow, this Dr Couto is something special!!! That will make a huge different in your final result, the design looks beautiful. I love it!

You 4 months photo looks too good to be true already, are you really that great in person? Could you share some better quality photos so that we can appreciate some more details? 

Two more questions. What meds are you one if any? Also, would you mind sharing the final cost? How much you paid, total? 

Please, keep the updates coming and thanks for sharing!

• Administrators

Can’t wait to follow this, I’ve been very impressed by Dr. Cuoto.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

6 hours ago, Zinedine said:

Wow! This is going to be a really interesting thread. A new case from Dr Couto, this one with great difficulty for sure due to that diffuse that you have.

What I'm amazed is that they took you one day after you called them, such a lucky man. For sure they had some cancellation or something because that is not the usual with this clinic.

And you had the complete work done on your temples!!! Wow, wow, this Dr Couto is something special!!! That will make a huge different in your final result, the design looks beautiful. I love it!

You 4 months photo looks too good to be true already, are you really that great in person? Could you share some better quality photos so that we can appreciate some more details? 

Two more questions. What meds are you one if any? Also, would you mind sharing the final cost? How much you paid, total? 

Please, keep the updates coming and thanks for sharing!

hey,
Yeah i was really lucky to get this apointment while staying in Spain for a vacation...
Im super happy with the results, and it's only 4 month...ill update this post with new pictures once in a while so you can see the progress.

About your questions:

1. No meds. i tried finastrade but quit it.

2. price is 4.5euro/graft

• Like 1

thanks for sharing ! looking forward to this one 

how was the shedding phase did you have redness for long ? could you go back to work after a couple of weeks or was it very obvious that you had the procedure ? 

were you able to wear a hat traveling through the airport ? 

did you do prp? 

thanks 🙏 

On 2/26/2022 at 8:35 PM, jimmyT said:

thanks for sharing ! looking forward to this one 

how was the shedding phase did you have redness for long ? could you go back to work after a couple of weeks or was it very obvious that you had the procedure ? 

were you able to wear a hat traveling through the airport ? 

did you do prp? 

thanks 🙏 

hello,

i have slight resness in the temples for 1 month

i was able to go back to work very soon (a week), at the first 2 month it doesnt look so good and people can see something happen with you but i didnt care about it 🙂

before going to the airport the doctor apply some antibiotic medicine on my head, no heat.

no prp.

On 2/26/2022 at 1:00 AM, TorontoMan said:

Did Dr. Couto give you an estimate of the total donor area you have left?

no, i dont know the exact number but Dr. Couto split it to 2 sessions - to preserve the donor area

30 minutes ago, Sitries1 said:

You did well to get in with Dr couto. What was the price per graft and how long was the wait from consultation to operation?

Hello Forum !

This is what they told me today: 

Buen día,

En este momento, para seguir ofreciendo el mejor servicio y atención personalizada a todos nuestros clientes, hemos cerrado consultas tanto en persona como en línea hasta nuevo aviso debido a nuestra carga de trabajo actual.

Disculpe las molestias y muchas gracias por su comprensión.

In English: at the moment no consultations virtually or f2f :/

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, omarca said:

Hello Forum !

This is what they told me today: 

Buen día,

En este momento, para seguir ofreciendo el mejor servicio y atención personalizada a todos nuestros clientes, hemos cerrado consultas tanto en persona como en línea hasta nuevo aviso debido a nuestra carga de trabajo actual.

Disculpe las molestias y muchas gracias por su comprensión.

In English: at the moment no consultations virtually or f2f :/

Indeed:

Good day, At this time, in order to continue to offer the best service and personalized attention to all of our clients, we have closed both in-person and online consultations until further notice due to our current workload. Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you very much for your understanding.

9 hours ago, Sitries1 said:

You did well to get in with Dr couto. What was the price per graft and how long was the wait from consultation to operation?

4.5 euro per graft.
one year between consulation and operation.

On 2/25/2022 at 9:16 PM, David Maman said:

hey,
Yeah i was really lucky to get this apointment while staying in Spain for a vacation...
Im super happy with the results, and it's only 4 month...ill update this post with new pictures once in a while so you can see the progress.

About your questions:

1. No meds. i tried finastrade but quit it.

2. price is 4.5euro/graft

Thanks for your reply and information. 

I'm curious, what did Dr Couto said about operating on you without medication? Also, why did you quit Finasteride? Any side effects? 

Cant wait to your new updates! Thanks for sharing with us!

@David MamanI read somewhere Dr. Couto was only operating on patients who commit to Finasteride. I also read he recommends using vitamins. Did he recommended something for you to take? minox or oral minox?

Also, can you give a little info on the man himself - how old is Dr. Couto? I have yet to see a picture of him!

Does he speak English? or his staff?

Thanks and good luck!

On 3/4/2022 at 3:26 PM, cpfm said:

@David MamanI read somewhere Dr. Couto was only operating on patients who commit to Finasteride. I also read he recommends using vitamins. Did he recommended something for you to take? minox or oral minox?

Also, can you give a little info on the man himself - how old is Dr. Couto? I have yet to see a picture of him!

Does he speak English? or his staff?

Thanks and good luck!

Yes, he did recommend that ill use Finasteride, but didnt commit me to do so at any point. that was his recommendation. if you check his Youtube channel you will find a lot of cases under the "not medicated" category. people that dont use any medication at all. 

as of the person - he is really something special. my experience with him is great. he answer all my questions, he take every patient personally, and above all he is an artist.

he and the staff speak english. 

i wont share a photo of him because of privacy matters, i guess that if he wanted the publicity he would do it himself.

On 3/3/2022 at 11:08 AM, Zinedine said:

Thanks for your reply and information. 

I'm curious, what did Dr Couto said about operating on you without medication? Also, why did you quit Finasteride? Any side effects? 

Cant wait to your new updates! Thanks for sharing with us!

he was stronglly recommending to use medication, but once i decided i quit he guided me what would be the best path for me to preserve the existing hair 

1 hour ago, David Maman said:

he was stronglly recommending to use medication, but once i decided i quit he guided me what would be the best path for me to preserve the existing hair 

what was that path?

31 minutes ago, shadowcast said:

Never heard of any reputable doctor performing surgery on someone who won't take medication, let alone a quality doctor like Couto.

I do not knwo Dr Couto's approach. Obviously there are top Drs who are able to guide patients well without the use of Finansteride. Not every patient needs Finansteride and every case should be assessed on its own merits.

34 minutes ago, shadowcast said:

Never heard of any reputable doctor performing surgery on someone who won't take medication, let alone a quality doctor like Couto.

Maybe not refusing, but there are Top Drs who will just strongly recommend Finansteride in every case.