How high risk with a hair mill?

44 minutes ago, Inch6 said:

Wow sorry to hear that. What went wrong? Do you have a thread about your experience, would be interesting to read more about it. 

The agency promised me that a doctor will make the surgery and the anesthesia BUT it was a technician who overdosed me and my head look like a helmet, also I lost too much blood, this diagnosis was made by the paramedics NOT by myself, till this day I have ugly court feuds with agency who tried to shut me and never had responsibility, so do yourself a favor and don't make poor choice like I did, I am lucky I could have repair procedures, sometimes botched paitents can't have a repair.

This is another guy that was botched by another staff in some randon hair mill coordinated by the same agency with terrible scarring but had a successful repair by Dr. Maras:

• Like 2

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

So many better choices are available worldwide!

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Just now, Hayden87 said:

Why don't you get in touch with Eugenix and enquire about their Comprehensive Package? It's only Rs. 75 per graft, plus tax; 2000 grafts would come to about US$2,350 at today's exchange rate.

It’s a very good choice, we just have to see the @ADilresult to know that even the cheaper packages are delivering! 👍🏽

3 hours ago, JC71 said:

It’s a very good choice, we just have to see the @ADilresult to know that even the cheaper packages are delivering! 👍🏽

This is sensible advice.

With the cheaper packages, who carries out the procedure? The spotlight is on the founders, but we have seen problems in the past when clinics cash in and scale their operation.

Lets have the spotlight on the dr's and tech's carrying out the lower-cost packages, and then we can start to draw conclusions on the consistency of their result.

4 minutes ago, AA1989 said:

This is sensible advice.

With the cheaper packages, who carries out the procedure? The spotlight is on the founders, but we have seen problems in the past when clinics cash in and scale their operation.

Lets have the spotlight on the dr's and tech's carrying out the lower-cost packages, and then we can start to draw conclusions on the consistency of their result.

Still always carried out by a Dr for any of the packages. In @ADilcase it was Dr Priyadarshini Das. Yup so far so good with Eugenix scaling up. All of the Drs they are using have had extensive training from the founders. And the tech teams they are using are obviously the same. No doubt we we’ll continue to see results from the lower cost packages. Previously the 120rs exclusive package was the most popular. That may change since Dr Bansal isn’t involved anymore in that particular choice. Time will tell. 

• Like 1

To the OP how are you getting on with your research? I really hope we have managed to steer you away from the inherent risks from the mills…

Choosing a Dr to do the incisions and having a low amount amount of patients is paramount. A totally “tech” driven procedure is not the way to go, I’m really hoping your now realising this 🙏👍🏽

• Like 2

honestly this is a very stupid question. I don't want to sound rude but better the point get across for your own sake. You're rationing what you already know is a bad option for the sake of staying within a very low budget. There is entirely no point to this conversation. 

You're going to have scars all around you head for the rest of your life, take this decision more seriously for yourself ffs. 

6 hours ago, Hayden87 said:

Why don't you get in touch with Eugenix and enquire about their Comprehensive Package? It's only Rs. 75 per graft, plus tax; 2000 grafts would come to about US$2,350 at today's exchange rate.

I actually thought about it yesterday when I scrolled through some results here on the forum. I might just do that, or increase my budget and go for a good clinic and skip a hair mill.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TorontoMan said:

honestly this is a very stupid question. I don't want to sound rude but better the point get across for your own sake. You're rationing what you already know is a bad option for the sake of staying within a very low budget. There is entirely no point to this conversation. 

You're going to have scars all around you head for the rest of your life, take this decision more seriously for yourself ffs. 

But the thing is that the risk is not that high. Not everyone that goes to a hair mill get scarred for life, but I know the risk is much higher.

1 minute ago, Inch6 said:

I actually thought about it yesterday when I scrolled through some results here on the forum. I might just do that, or increase my budget and go for a good clinic and skip a hair mill.

Phew… thank god for that ! Increase your budget 👍🏽

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JC71 said:

To the OP how are you getting on with your research? I really hope we have managed to steer you away from the inherent risks from the mills…

Choosing a Dr to do the incisions and having a low amount amount of patients is paramount. A totally “tech” driven procedure is not the way to go, I’m really hoping your now realising this 🙏👍🏽

Yes I'm leaning more towards choosing a good clinic now even though I have to increase my budget. But man, every time I see my cousin that had HT for 1500 dollars and got really good result, it would feel so akward that I've spent so much more, but I have to remind myself that many more had awful results also at hair mills.

Just now, Inch6 said:

Yes I'm leaning more towards choosing a good clinic now even though I have to increase my budget. But man, every time I see my cousin that had HT for 1500 dollars and got really good result, it would feel so akward that I've spent so much more, but I have to remind myself that many more had awful results also at hair mills.

He was a lucky one, but chances are if we was to see it then we would see some typical mill like mistakes. 

OP, you're a few years younger than me. Don't make rash decisions that affect the next 30+ years of your life. 

You have done the right thing taking medication for the last 4-5 years to stop or slow the progression. I think if you put away $100 a month for the next few years, you will have a decent pot of money and maybe look at Eugenix in India or some of the forum recommendations like Dr Bicer etc. in Turkey rather than a hair mill. 

It's good you found this forum because it will honestly save you making probably one of the worst mistakes men are making atm, creating a ticking time bomb of bad hair lines and repair cases that would cost you 2-3x more to fix even if you somehow escaped having your donor area butchered. 

I am glad i didn't rush to Turkey and have a hair mill work on me. A friend basically had been twice already and i would honestly say his results aren't as great as they could have been. The donor got left overharvested  and i think medication wasn't ever discussed fully to highlight benefits etc.. Although, you can't force a horse to drink from the well just cause you lead it there and he was probably left worse for that fact. 

I always feel like i want to try help other guys to address their problems, but i'm not gonna lie, it's mostly a thankless job in person and people don't take kindly if you approach unsolicited. So having forums etc. like this creates the right place.

I also think the truth is, and this could be completely selfish of some, but rightly so they don't want to have others know what they use to keep their hair and the competition of others in some ways.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Inch6 said:

We don't know anything about your cousin's hair.

Maybe he only got 50% yield on his grafts but the result was enough to "look good", but he wasted 2000 precious grafts (I'm making up this number) in the process.

Maybe his donor is overharvested but he wears it longer to hide it.

9 minutes ago, Inch6 said:

If you feel ashamed for that, then that's a perspective problem with you. You're investing into your own future and comparing it to his isn't going to help you.

You should actually think he's incredibly lucky he played Russian Roulette for $1500 and didn't get butchered. 

People drive off the dealership in a new car ready to lose 25% value yet somehow think investing in something that will be with them for their life, not a good thing to put more money to. 

Don't get me wrong, some places charge more due to reputation and location but you can look around for value budgets that won't butcher you. 

4 hours ago, Inch6 said:

But the thing is that the risk is not that high. Not everyone that goes to a hair mill get scarred for life, but I know the risk is much higher.

Well look, I won't argue this much further. I don't agree with your logic, I hope you reconsider and feel you deserve the highest amount reward rather than settling for higher risk. If you think you could play this game and get off cheap then you don't need to look very hard on here or on reddit to find cases of guys who are devastated. You also posted a question on a forumn where there are a lot guys on here who have invested a lot of time understanding all these trade-offs. I hope you didn't do it just to echo your own thoughts but rather pay attention to the numerous guys here who told you you're gonna get screwed. 

Play stupid games and win stupid prizes 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SeanToman said:

I can't say too much on the topic but I was at a clinic considered a 'hair mill' and I'm right where I need to be at 5 months post operaiton.

That's just fortunate for you though. Out of curiosity is there a reason you can't say too much? 

Personally i think people need to realise that "right where i need to be" isn't a complete indication you didn't have them over harvest due to them not handling grafts etc. 

There's people out there that go to hair mills and basically need like 1500 grafts, get told 3000 and end up having a lot of grafts die off etc. and not grow due to trauma and poor handling etc. 

44 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

That's just fortunate for you though. Out of curiosity is there a reason you can't say too much? 

Personally i think people need to realise that "right where i need to be" isn't a complete indication you didn't have them over harvest due to them not handling grafts etc. 

There's people out there that go to hair mills and basically need like 1500 grafts, get told 3000 and end up having a lot of grafts die off etc. and not grow due to trauma and poor handling etc. 

Very true, by "say too much" I mean that it's only been 5 months for me and who knows what the future holds.

I think the biggest worry with hair mills is that technicians usually do the surgery and each clinic would likely have a new team of technicians every few months. 

5 hours ago, NARMAK said:

OP, you're a few years younger than me. Don't make rash decisions that affect the next 30+ years of your life. 

You have done the right thing taking medication for the last 4-5 years to stop or slow the progression. I think if you put away $100 a month for the next few years, you will have a decent pot of money and maybe look at Eugenix in India or some of the forum recommendations like Dr Bicer etc. in Turkey rather than a hair mill. 

It's good you found this forum because it will honestly save you making probably one of the worst mistakes men are making atm, creating a ticking time bomb of bad hair lines and repair cases that would cost you 2-3x more to fix even if you somehow escaped having your donor area butchered. 

I am glad i didn't rush to Turkey and have a hair mill work on me. A friend basically had been twice already and i would honestly say his results aren't as great as they could have been. The donor got left overharvested  and i think medication wasn't ever discussed fully to highlight benefits etc.. Although, you can't force a horse to drink from the well just cause you lead it there and he was probably left worse for that fact. 

I always feel like i want to try help other guys to address their problems, but i'm not gonna lie, it's mostly a thankless job in person and people don't take kindly if you approach unsolicited. So having forums etc. like this creates the right place.

I also think the truth is, and this could be completely selfish of some, but rightly so they don't want to have others know what they use to keep their hair and the competition of others in some ways.

Yea I've spent many hours by know reading reviews at forums and also hair mill google reviews, while many of them has high scores (4+ out of 5) with hundreds of ratings, there is actually a pretty considerable precentage of people that's been traumatized and destroyed, and I have to agree that the top clinic has much much less of such negative reviews. I could basically increase my budget with ease but I'm a cheap ass and dont like to spend more money if I dont have to. That's why I put ~ 3000 dollars... But I will most probably increase it and avoid telling others that I've spent so much on my hair.

Edited by Inch6

1 minute ago, Inch6 said:

Yea I've spent many hours by know reading reviews at forums and also hair mill google reviews, while many of them has high scores (4+ out of 5) with hundreds of ratings, there is actually a pretty considerable precentage of people that's been traumatized and destroyed, and I have to agree that the top clinic has much much less of such negative reviews. I could basically increase my budget with ease but I'm a cheap ass and dont like to spend more money if I dont have to. That's why I put ~ 3000 dollars... 

Those 4-5* review ratings are BS though. Check this thread out, we was just talking about that..

3 minutes ago, JC71 said:

Those 4-5* review ratings are BS though. Check this thread out, we was just talking about that..

LOL man I had similar experience with a clinic like that 2-3 years ago. I contacted them after seeing their ad on facebook and they are still calling me monthly from different phone numbers. 

2 hours ago, SeanToman said:

I can't say too much on the topic but I was at a clinic considered a 'hair mill' and I'm right where I need to be at 5 months post operaiton.

So you are happy so far?