500 grafts - over 10 grand

Has anyone heard of 500 grafts costing 12,000. That was the quote.  It's my second transplant and i just need to fill in the right side. 

I don't know if it's because it's such a small amount and this surgeon is super busy and very respected on this site. Dr. Konior. 

I wanted to know if anyone had any thoughts on this. 

Dr Konior just charges a lot, he's the most expensive doctor I've ever come across. 

He's good, but 12 grand for 500 grafts is absolute lunacy unless you're extremely wealthy. If that's chump change to you, then obviously go ahead. If not, there are lot's of other surgeons who are just as good that charge a lot, lot less.

If you're on here asking, then I'll assume it's not chump change to you. Look elsewhere because that price is completely ridiculous to me. Even with Dr. Basinga you'd only pay about 2.5k. Of course plane tickets and hotel but still not even close to 12k.

• Like 2

Charging his normal price of $14/graft (still crazy expensive) would make it $7k. Its probably financially not worth it to him to operate on you, so he is making it $24/graft to make it financially good to him.

If you don't mind being price gouged and can handle up to a 1 yr long wait, then sure go for Konior. 

Crazy money. 

If you can financially stretch to it without discomfort, whilst on an equal basis of viewing his results and experience worthy of this price tag, then it’s a sound justification. 

If not, then there are other options available to you. 

No one’s holding a gun to your head - so it’s very much up to you as an individual - the Dr’s shown you his hand. 

5 hours ago, Curious25 said:

Crazy money. 

If you can financially stretch to it without discomfort, whilst on an equal basis of viewing his results and experience worthy of this price tag, then it’s a sound justification. 

If not, then there are other options available to you. 

No one’s holding a gun to your head - so it’s very much up to you as an individual - the Dr’s shown you his hand. 

I think the sweet spot with Dr. K is around 2 - 3k grafts. Honestly, I think he charges by the surgery (and looks like 10k is the minimum entry). So I think if you do 1k grafts, it'll probably be around 15k, 2k is 25k (all FUE; if FUT its 3k grafts for 25k), etc. So I don't think it's necessarily a price per surgery is $25 a graft. It can be somewhere between $8 to $12 typically depending on FUT or FUE with obviously higher costs per grafts for the less grafts done.

All that said, it's technically higher per graft when doing less grafts, but once you get into the 2k range, it's not too unreasonable compared to other U.S./North American surgeons.  I think the average Dr. K patient pays around $10ish a graft (e.g. assuming a 50-50 FUT/FUE split). Whether one thinks his results are worth that premium as compared to top European doctors is another story of course and a completely personal decision -- I personally think so, but I'm biased and I understand others may feel differently.

Edited by Z--
  • Like 1

• Administrators

For one, we don't know if this is even accurate, two, the conversation and the overall demeanor of many on this thread has been highly inappropriate. I will be locking this thread. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.