Dr. Bruno Pinto (Portugal) - 3287 Grafts - Diffuse thinner NW5A - 19/20 Jan 2022

Falconary

Hello guys, 
Its been exactly 7 months (+ 1 day) now, pictures below are taken yesterday. 

As you probably see, it will probably not get so much better than this right now. I know that minimum is 12 months for evaluation but I think that the transplanted hairs has all grown and are as thick as they can be. The (individual) hairs feel great, as strong and thick as my hair on donor area, the angles are just perfect. The visual density om recipient area is excellent, even under strong light. Keep in mind, its all visual and dont expect the hair to feel like it did when you were 20. My left temple is a little bit thinner than the rest, but no one has noticed it. Dr. Pinto told me that my skin were extremely hard on the left temple and he had a hard time placing grafts there. It probably is because I've hit my head there against a chandelier at home 100s of times. 

Anyhow, I'm 100% satisfied, I already were 100% satisfied at month 5 but now at month 7 Its even thicker. Btw, I stopped finasteride about 2-3 months ago because me and wifey want a baby and dont want to take any risks. It seems that fin helped me gain lots of thickness on the crown. 

For direct compairson, the first pictures is about a year ago. 

20210915-004319.jpg

20211229-005216.jpg

Below pictures are from yesterday:

20220820-204905.jpg20220820-185812.jpg

20220820-204743.jpg

20220820-185816.jpg

20220820-204552.jpg

20220820-230934.jpg20220820-185820.jpg20220820-204508.jpg

43423.jpg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Falconary said:

Hello guys, 
Its been exactly 7 months (+ 1 day) now, pictures below are taken yesterday. 

As you probably see, it will probably not get so much better than this right now. I know that minimum is 12 months for evaluation but I think that the transplanted hairs has all grown and are as thick as they can be. The (individual) hairs feel great, as strong and thick as my hair on donor area, the angles are just perfect. The visual density om recipient area is excellent, even under strong light. Keep in mind, its all visual and dont expect the hair to feel like it did when you were 20. My left temple is a little bit thinner than the rest, but no one has noticed it. Dr. Pinto told me that my skin were extremely hard on the left temple and he had a hard time placing grafts there. It probably is because I've hit my head there against a chandelier at home 100s of times. 

Anyhow, I'm 100% satisfied, I already were 100% satisfied at month 5 but now at month 7 Its even thicker. Btw, I stopped finasteride about 2-3 months ago because me and wifey want a baby and dont want to take any risks. It seems that fin helped me gain lots of thickness on the crown. 

For direct compairson, the first pictures is about a year ago. 

20210915-004319.jpg

20211229-005216.jpg

Below pictures are from yesterday:

20220820-204905.jpg20220820-185812.jpg

20220820-204743.jpg

20220820-185816.jpg

20220820-204552.jpg

20220820-230934.jpg20220820-185820.jpg20220820-204508.jpg

43423.jpg

Wow

• Thanks 1

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

These results look amazing!

would it be rude to ask to see the placement and density of the grafts within the front of the hairline?

such as holding it back with a brush within the hairline and temporal points?

congrats on the results looks brilliant!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Woody1000 said:

These results look amazing!

would it be rude to ask to see the placement and density of the grafts within the front of the hairline?

such as holding it back with a brush within the hairline and temporal points?

congrats on the results looks brilliant!

Thanks! I will have a haircut in the coming days, mostly to see how it looks with shorter hair now, and how the donor looks with a low fade. I can take a few pictures on the hairline and also upload them here 👍

Edited by Falconary

8 hours ago, Alex94gasp said:

What medicine the doctor advised to maintain the hair ?

Only finasteride? And how frequent and the dose?

Amazing work by the doctor!

He highly advised me to start taking finasteride so I started taking it (1 mg/day) on October 2021. I stopped in the end of May 2022 because me and wifey want to have a kid and I don't want to risk anything (even though there are no evidence that finasteride would be a risk at all). I have to say that finasteride helped my crown and a part of midscalp a lot. I am planning on starting with topical finasteride because I'm noticing more shedding now. 

17 minutes ago, Falconary said:

He highly advised me to start taking finasteride so I started taking it (1 mg/day) on October 2021. I stopped in the end of May 2022 because me and wifey want to have a kid and I don't want to risk anything (even though there are no evidence that finasteride would be a risk at all). I have to say that finasteride helped my crown and a part of midscalp a lot. I am planning on starting with topical finasteride because I'm noticing more shedding now. 

Thank you for the answer. I already booked with him. But still waiting for the first consultation...

I started finasteride 1 mg per day, 10 days ago, and I had some side effects.

That's why I asked if they give you any advice

7 minutes ago, Alex94gasp said:

Thank you for the answer. I already booked with him. But still waiting for the first consultation...

I started finasteride 1 mg per day, 10 days ago, and I had some side effects.

That's why I asked if they give you any advice

The side effects do sometimes go away after a while like a month. I had side effects during the first month, mostly libido, but It got normal again after 4-6 weeks. But It's best to ask for Dr. Pinto

44 minutes ago, Falconary said:

The side effects do sometimes go away after a while like a month. I had side effects during the first month, mostly libido, but It got normal again after 4-6 weeks. But It's best to ask for Dr. Pinto

Yeah, I mean...

Still waiting the first consultation. But I wanted to start finasteride to avoid any progress on my hair loss.

And that's why I'm still on finasteride to see if I my libido comes close to normal. Because It drastically dropped 

Sounds awesome will look forward to your pictures mate. just to ask on your recipient area, do you still have any numbness within the area or are you back at pre op level? (Any numbness at the stage you are at now)

1 hour ago, Woody1000 said:

Sounds awesome will look forward to your pictures mate. just to ask on your recipient area, do you still have any numbness within the area or are you back at pre op level? (Any numbness at the stage you are at now)

I had numbness during the first month and it started to fade away until it were all gone in month 2. So everything felt normal by month 2.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2022 at 9:58 AM, Falconary said:

I think that he doesn't recommend topical finasteride due to its low effect. In fact in Spain lmost no doctor recommends it.
The most recommended medication and the one that is having the best effect is Oral Minoxidil.

On 8/25/2022 at 9:49 AM, Falconary said:

Thanks! I will have a haircut in the coming days, mostly to see how it looks with shorter hair now, and how the donor looks with a low fade. I can take a few pictures on the hairline and also upload them here 👍

Your look now si SIMPLY AMAZING. If I had your image, I would not wear short hair EVER AGAIN!! 😅

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LatinBald said:

I think that he doesn't recommend topical finasteride due to its low effect. In fact in Spain lmost no doctor recommends it.
The most recommended medication and the one that is having the best effect is Oral Minoxidil.

Yes that's true. I asked him about topical fin about a year ago and he didn't recommend it and told me that the efficiency is very low compared to oral, so I jumped on oral fin. But I don't like the idea of altering the hormones in my body and even though I got great and fast results with oral fin with minimal to no side effects I still didn't like it. 

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, asterix0 said:

@Falconary Hey man how's your hair been holding up after quitting fin and min?

Not good at all. I've been sheeding like crazy, especially for the perhaps last 2-3 months. The midscalp and crown has taken a huge hit. I wanted to update with pics 20 september but I think its better to wait until the sheeding clears up. However I think that the sheeding is at an end because I shed a lot less today and yesterday, so will probably update with pics soon. Anyhow, I'm still very happy with how I look and with my hair so all good with me, and will probably jump on fin next year and regain what I've lost (hopefully).

11 hours ago, Falconary said:

Not good at all. I've been sheeding like crazy, especially for the perhaps last 2-3 months. The midscalp and crown has taken a huge hit. I wanted to update with pics 20 september but I think its better to wait until the sheeding clears up. However I think that the sheeding is at an end because I shed a lot less today and yesterday, so will probably update with pics soon. Anyhow, I'm still very happy with how I look and with my hair so all good with me, and will probably jump on fin next year and regain what I've lost (hopefully).

Dang hope you can recover it, you never really know how it will respond but usually if you responded well once, it can be regained. 

On 2/8/2022 at 1:06 AM, Falconary said:

Thanks mate. I contacted Dr. Pinto's patient coordinator Emilio in June 2021 and the first available date were 19 January, so it was about 7 months. 

Hey brother can you give me the contact information of Dr. Pinto's patient coordinator Emilio