Dr. Bruno Pinto (Portugal) - 3287 Grafts - Diffuse thinner NW5A - 19/20 Jan 2022

Falconary

Short info:

Hair status: Diffuse thinner heading to NW5A. Hair has become thinner and thinner since I were about 22 of age.

Medication: On finasteride since october 2021, 1 mg per day, no side effects. 

Hello guys,

I wanted to share my recent hair transplant experience in Porto Portugal with Dr. Bruno Pito as this forum has been tremendous help for me. As many others, before researching about hair transplant and reading about it in forums, I didn't know that the results would differ so widly between clinic to clinic, doctor to doctor. But I know alot of people that had HT, and many had just awful results so I spent months researching in forums, looking at pictures, ht videos on youtube etc., to find the doctor I would be confident with. I know I'm a diffuse thinner heading to NW5A or perhaps worse, so I wanted to plan ahead and make a excellent first choice.

I have probably consulted 20+ clinics just to find the right one 😄 Finally I narrowed down my search to Dr. Rafael de Freitas, Dr. Bruno Ferreira, Dr. Bicer, HLC, Dr. Demirsoy and last but not least Dr. Bruno Pinto. And... out of all them, I just fell for Dr. Bruno Pinto. His customer coordinator Emilio were really among the best I've come across and replied fast and were really helpful. But most importantly, Dr. Bruno Pinto has consistent results that are extremely good. He is very known on spanish forums (I've spent weeks reading on those forums). Many of the results posted there are among the best I've seen, on par with Dr. Freitas and Dr. Couto. His management of the donor area is also excellent, which were extremely important for me because I know I would need another HT in the future, thus also need a doctor with excellent donor management. 

The operation took 2 days, hairline on day 1, and on day 2 the rest of frontal third, and he performed the whole procedure by himself, extraction, implantation. He didn't to the crown, he told me that I have really good response to finasteride and could probably save the crown with fin (atleast for now) and I also had the same idea, so he focused on the frontal third, implanting 3287 grafts. 

The hairline design is pretty much conservative/mature, as I also like it. I've had pretty high and sharp temples since young age so I wanted to keep it natural and Dr. Pinto totally agreed that it would be the best. He drew the hairline, made measurement, took lots of pictures, made more adjustment and were extremely meticulous. It was obvious that he really loved his profession and cared for his patients and the outcome. 

Anyhow, I don't want to go into too much details, if you have any questions or anything you could just leave a comment. 

SURGERY STATISTICS

eydaj9S.jpg

PREVIOUS SITUATION

7Fij6xx.jpgl81ze8T.jpgZecRt5c.jpgnIx6Amw.jpggOBoTso.jpgiJDMkMk.jpg

SURGICAL PLANNING

Cohp9dK.jpgdnFYXci.jpgrMQdhQB.jpg7PPW0zj.jpgmxRbL11.jpgbTOU0P6.jpgRj8a5s6.jpg

SURGERY COMPLETED AFTER 2 DAYS.
PHOTOS WERE TAKEN AFTER GETTING UP FROM THE STRETCHER AND GOING TO THE REST AND PHOTOGRAPHY ROOM. IN A FEW MINUTES THE PATIENT IS DISCHARGED.
THE DONOR AREA ALREADY BEGINS TO HEAL IN THE NAPE AREA IN CONTRAST WITH THE RECENTLY COMPLETED PARIETAL AREA, WITHOUT CREAMS, HEADBANDS, OR GAUZES.

EI5f82z.jpgUzY6MuQ.jpg90EqEkU.jpgoTfOBli.jpguTrt2HE.jpgvgoPda7.jpgITadW6Z.jpgFDpxSFs.jpgvkLebJw.jpg

Below is how my donor looked when saved a bit longer (before HT)

20211224_135947.thumb.jpg.81864c77dd45bc27ebfa3708b45076f3.jpg

Below picture is the donor area on the 21 january, 1 day after surgery

20220121_2131331.thumb.jpg.9d166ec34adacf00e04597f3fea29cd3.jpg

Below picture is the donor area 2 days after surgery.

20220122_0211351.thumb.jpg.e8c7cf8142bfe70a54f0c7a38177783e.jpg

Below picture of scalp on day 3 after surgery 

20220123_140856.thumb.jpg.1fa6aceebef728c76aa44f4e9f11cf19.jpg

Below pictures are donor and scalp area day 4 after surgery. 

fawe.thumb.jpg.7aa3e83063b538f2a2e7ecb86e72f97e.jpg

20220125_140730.thumb.jpg.a42a51dc15ad9a091052ca3eba1292d9.jpg

Following pictures are about one week after surgery 

20220126_001139.thumb.jpg.6a3cef01bcd36ffcbcb48cd458b14b0a.jpg20220126_001205.thumb.jpg.9cf175474efe5b6aada6b7a5e7cf6719.jpg20220126_001514.thumb.jpg.fc0c307695c9ec1402536995a705abf3.jpg

Following pictures below are about 10-11 days after surgery

20220130_015856.thumb.jpg.405d8b5f2fd68f9b6b7dae65368a96d2.jpg20220130_015908.thumb.jpg.94b23a7190bc8f25b9095b5fc50d075c.jpg20220130_015931.thumb.jpg.1cd7836d2e791f5c8758f89e62a2ad59.jpg20220131_143404.thumb.jpg.f46e4b4196d497a1baa04093db7d3d68.jpg

And, following pictures are 2 weeks after Surgey

20220205_183345.thumb.jpg.74877292eb4da2eed904b8ccada7164e.jpg

20220205_210147.thumb.jpg.825870cf71df01c33f8536181777710d.jpg20220205_210216.thumb.jpg.46077f40d389be470304b51053baaf05.jpg20220205_210231.thumb.jpg.df299c0962f12ee4768cf6282cfcb4b7.jpg20220205_210256.thumb.jpg.bde28c9f7642dd2d9139655c29244900.jpg

What do you guys think?

The redness in the donor area is gone by now, and it is really not visible that I've had FUE done. I hope that I can have a shaved fade (or atleast nr 1-2) Time will tell and I will update you guys (for those interested in having short hair).

This is all for now. I will try to update every month, and hopefully provide better pictures during the summer. 

Edited by Falconary
Uploaded pictures from The clinic
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, hairman22 said:

taking the donor hair that high on a norwood 5 seems risky

We actually discussed that and he checked with scalp magnification camera (and also the whole scalp/donor) and didnt see any signs of miniaturization. I also dont have a "dip" in the back crown so I'm "only" diffusly thinning on top of scalp. He told me I'm heading to a NW5A to be exact so the extraction is in the safe zone. I've had really good response to finasteride in only 4 months which really surprised him so he is confident that my whole crown will recover with fin in about a year. Time will tell of course. I have about 6000 grafts left so I'm sure I Will be covering more in the future.

• Like 2

• Falconary changed the title to Dr. Bruno Pinto (Portugal) - 3287 Grafts - Diffuse thinner NW5A - 19/20 Jan 2022

Looks great man, very good choice. Congrats on the procedure - it's good to see some more Pinto cases on here and not just the Spanish forums!

Your donor supply looks very good, I'm sure this is going to be another great case in the portfolio of Dr. P. Everything looks clean and I think the design looks great, I'll be keeping a close eye on your progress.

Also, in regards to comments around high extractions, it's been established in recent times by numerous world class docs that this is an outdated way of thinking and that the so called 'safe zone' doesn't really exist as people once thought it did. As you say, the Dr. has examined your donor closely and made judgements around his extraction pattern based on that; there is no one size fits all and many doctors approach surgery this way nowadays. It's fairly common, and whilst nothing is guaranteed or absolute regarding future loss, Pinto has done what he believes will work out for you personally in the long run based on your miniaturisation levels etc, there is nothing to worry about.

Good luck and keep posting updates please!

Edited by JDEE0
  • Like 2

That looks like top notch work there mate!! 2 weeks post op and you can hardly tell you’ve had anything done! I can’t see any redness if I’m honest but your lucky if it’s only minimal at this point because some people experience redness for month and months post op.

Portugal and Spain really do have some of the best surgeons! 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sitries1 said:

That looks like top notch work there mate!! 2 weeks post op and you can hardly tell you’ve had anything done! I can’t see any redness if I’m honest but your lucky if it’s only minimal at this point because some people experience redness for month and months post op.

Portugal and Spain really do have some of the best surgeons! 

Thank you mate. Yea I'm really happy about the recovery, there is barely any redness now and most people cant even tell I've had a transplant, they just got surprised that I have so much more hair now lol. 

20 hours ago, JDEE0 said:

Looks great man, very good choice. Congrats on the procedure - it's good to see some more Pinto cases on here and not just the Spanish forums!

Your donor supply looks very good, I'm sure this is going to be another great case in the portfolio of Dr. P. Everything looks clean and I think the design looks great, I'll be keeping a close eye on your progress.

Also, in regards to comments around high extractions, it's been established in recent times by numerous world class docs that this is an outdated way of thinking and that the so called 'safe zone' doesn't really exist as people once thought it did. As you say, the Dr. has examined your donor closely and made judgements around his extraction pattern based on that; there is no one size fits all and many doctors approach surgery this way nowadays. It's fairly common, and whilst nothing is guaranteed or absolute regarding future loss, Pinto has done what he believes will work out for you personally in the long run based on your miniaturisation levels etc, there is nothing to worry about.

Good luck and keep posting updates please!

Thanks man, Dr. Pinto is really amazing and I couldnt be more pleased with My Choice of doctor so I wanted to add to the experience here. Im also following your case, hopefully we'll have great result.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheGreatPretender said:

It looks fantastic. Pinto is also in my list, will have to contact him soon. 

How good are his waiting lists? 

Thanks mate. I contacted Dr. Pinto's patient coordinator Emilio in June 2021 and the first available date were 19 January, so it was about 7 months. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Falconary said:

Thanks mate. I contacted Dr. Pinto's patient coordinator Emilio in June 2021 and the first available date were 19 January, so it was about 7 months. 

That is quite good actually. 7 months is great. 

I have a similar pattern to yours and I have the objective to wear longer hair aswell, might be worth attempting to contact him again. 

2 minutes ago, Inch6 said:

What is the extraction sharp flat and srt?

It's the different types of punches used to extract the hair follicles; sharp, flat and serrated are those used for various different situations by Dr. Pinto. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, JDEE0 said:

It's the different types of punches used to extract the hair follicles; sharp, flat and serrated are those used for various different situations by Dr. Pinto. 

Ok nice 👍

8 hours ago, Inch6 said:

Why are you not so red on the recipient area only 2 weeks after the hair transplant? Did you use healing cream? 

No healing cream, but I took anti-biotics tetralysal for 2 months before the transplant and still on it for 1 month after transplant, It might have helped... Or it could my complexion that makes the redness less obvious, no idea actually. 

• Like 1

1 month update. I have still a little bit of numbness on the recipient area and I am shedding hairs day by day. However I thought that I would have shedd much more hair by now as I've seen most people shedd 90%+ hairs by the 1 month mark, and I have a fair amount of hairs left to shedd so I hope that late shedder is not equal to late blommer. 

20220220_021613.jpg

20220220_021435.jpg

Edited by Falconary
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Gatsby said:

The donor is impeccable and I love how your native hairline hairs remain that will give the hairline an added boost to naturalness. 👌

Thanks 🙏 I'm really glad about the donor, were so afraid that it would look obviously thinner after the hair transplant but Dr. Pinto did an amazing job extracting the grafts. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update and a question for you guys. I'm about 5-6 weeks post transplant, and I know Its way too early to tell but I'm a bit worried about the temples. There seems to be spots here and there that doesnt have any hair or sign of any hair being there and/or Will start to grow there. I've marked one spot of left and right temple. I've noticed on others that usually where the hairs will grow one can see a small dot where the hair should grow from or atleast a "dimple" that could be a sign of a hair that Will grow. However, in those spots I don't have any. Am I right on my assumption? I'm afraid that I've done a big no no by starting smoking again about 3 weeks post transplant and it could have affected the growth and killed some follicules. 

20220302_232454.jpg

20220302_232450.jpg

Edited by Falconary