Should I go back for a 2nd procedure?

I first wanted to get the honest opinion of the gentlemen in this forum. I am 2 years post op (Dr. Cortez HMR), and I feel as though the 1,800 grafts I got could have been better. With that being said, I have 3 questions:

1. Is my result common for my hair/ skin tone?

2. Should I trust the same doctor or go to a different one?

3. How many grafts for density would you recommend(2nd procedure)?

First 3 are after. 4-6 are before. Last is in direct sunlight

20201210_184519.jpg

201156045_316892316639843_1270703687185638982_n (1) (1).jpg

201221633_410975059966724_2833427463889769097_n (1) (1).jpg

99382160_2375118176121649_9186944769949958144_n.jpg

99087813_240618317197025_2270507157923299328_n.jpg

119098072_1044050232715890_9033610328433418873_n.jpg

20210919_180011.jpg

Edited by Greenlantern2020
pictures

• Administrators

What did you look like before?

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

8 minutes ago, AB2000 said:

The further your hair loss progresses the less donor you will have and the more you will need.  Do you have an understanding of what Norwood you are heading towards?  Depending on your loss pattern you might be chasing it with transplants. 

Well aware or it, that is why I am on Fin, oral minoxidil, minoxidil foam and Ketoconzle 2%. Based on dad and older bros probably stage 3-4.

Edited by Greenlantern2020

Appears to me that it was a success. Are you happy with the results?

I'm not familiar with the Dr but if you liked the job he did the 1st time, I'd consider him again. Of course I would still research and add a few other clinics to your search. Maybe you'd find out that say after 3 years, your Dr isn't doing the same quality work. You have to be the person to decide if a 2nd procedure is what you want to do though. I know you're seeking input but I think it's a coin toss looking at your hair. It certainly doesn't look bad but if you're after a more full/dense hairline, then ho for it. I can't imagine that this procedure would be too many grafts unless you are lowering your hairline. 

Good luck!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, JoeMan said:

Appears to me that it was a success. Are you happy with the results?

I'm not familiar with the Dr but if you liked the job he did the 1st time, I'd consider him again. Of course I would still research and add a few other clinics to your search. Maybe you'd find out that say after 3 years, your Dr isn't doing the same quality work. You have to be the person to decide if a 2nd procedure is what you want to do though. I know you're seeking input but I think it's a coin toss looking at your hair. It certainly doesn't look bad but if you're after a more full/dense hairline, then ho for it. I can't imagine that this procedure would be too many grafts unless you are lowering your hairline. 

Good luck!

A very thoughtful response. Good point, in fact I think it's a coin toss myself lol. If I do go back for a 2nd I think it would be bit more density and perhaps temporal points.

You have the same problem that i have.  You have a dark and strong hairline now but the temples are completely gone. This means there is no frame to the face and it looks unnatural no matter how good and soft the hairline is. I feel the same way, its like everytime you go in the mirror you feel that is something wrong, even if you have no hairloss on top. 

My opinion would be that you find a good Dr, that is able to create a softer frame, 1 row of new hairline which will connect with your new temple points. I think this would make you happy, and you wouldn't need more than 900 grafts for this 

• Like 1

Greenlantern,

If you can post some additional photos showing Airline close-ups and some photo showing the top of your scalp.  Based on the photos you’ve presented, I think your results look pretty good. That said, your hairline could definitely be refined to look more natural and more density could be added as needed.

best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant

• Like 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

12 hours ago, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

Greenlantern,

If you can post some additional photos showing Airline close-ups and some photo showing the top of your scalp.  Based on the photos you’ve presented, I think your results look pretty good. That said, your hairline could definitely be refined to look more natural and more density could be added as needed.

best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant

I am overall fine with the hair procedure, although, I have a bit of a "cow-lick" with the hair follicles leaning more to the right. Sometimes if frustrating when I want to comb my hair back. Would a 2nd hair transplant with alternate directions help? I just don't want to remove hair grafts and implant them again,

17 hours ago, Ryan Daniel said:

You have the same problem that i have.  You have a dark and strong hairline now but the temples are completely gone. This means there is no frame to the face and it looks unnatural no matter how good and soft the hairline is. I feel the same way, its like everytime you go in the mirror you feel that is something wrong, even if you have no hairloss on top. 

My opinion would be that you find a good Dr, that is able to create a softer frame, 1 row of new hairline which will connect with your new temple points. I think this would make you happy, and you wouldn't need more than 900 grafts for this 

I agree with this. Your results are good, nothing wrong with it really. Adding temple peaks would help to frame your face. The problem is that temple peaks are very hard to do. Ask for examples from Cortes.

I think you could add some density to the hairline, and perhaps make the line a little more soft/natural. But that's just my opinion.  :)

• Like 1