Am I a good candidate for a hair transplant?

7 minutes ago, Alphafit said:

He also got a lot of harvesting from his beard, but I don't think his sides were thin like mine. 

I am not talking for full blown out model hair, he became from norwood 6-7ish to a norwood 3. Receded mature hairline, crown is not perfectly thick, but it's not bald, you can still see the halo around the crown, But for me it looks natural, plus he fades his sides looks great.

If you have healthy expectations with a very conservative hairline and you are fine with maybe not having enough donor to be able to fill the crown I would say that you could do it, if you really feel like this is something you want. Its very important for you to choose a good Dr since every graft will be crucial.

1 hour ago, NARMAK said:

Biggest problem right now is your age and how aggressive the hair loss has been. It could be the lighting but in some pictures the donor looked better and then in some it was what appears to be retrograde alopecia in areas and that's a big problem usually. 

OP, you do have a good look for the beard to basically look like Kratos from God of War if you bulk up. 

That's not to say you shouldn't try for hair btw, i know how devastating your situation must feel but don't take any drastic action and that you'd regret. 

Kratos has nothing on me💪hahaha

Retrograde alopecia? Does that not affect the nape? Mine seems to be thick

13656B6F-0AD2-4915-9629-1ABD65A4FFC4.jpeg

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, Alphafit said:

Are you on gear or TRT dosage? 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

18 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Are you on gear or TRT dosage? 

Nothing.

never did gear as well. Just 11 year of working out, naturallly.

but i do believe all the working out is has a part in alopecia.

My dad was the same great physiue natural, but lost all his hair around my age.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alphafit said:

Nothing.

I would swap a full head of hair for your physique…. But I don’t have that either 😂🤣

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Alphafit said:

Nothing.

Damn, if you're natty you got some crazy good genetics... out of interest, and without sounding weird haha, what do you weigh and what's your arm size? I'm 6 foot, about 82kg at currently just under 15 percent bf, 16.5 inch arms cold, and you look like an absolute monster in comparison to me! Granted, I've only been lifting for a fraction of the amount you have....around a quarter of it, but jeez, props to you. 

Anyways, nah the working out has very little to do with AGA, yeah it raises T levels a little, but you would've gone as bald as you did at a very similar if not the exact same speed whether you ever stepped into a gym or not. Just genetics!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JDEE0 said:

Damn, if you're natty you got some crazy good genetics... out of interest, and without sounding weird haha, what do you weigh and what's your arm size? I'm 6 foot, about 82kg at currently just under 15 percent bf, 16.5 inch arms cold, and you look like an absolute monster in comparison to me! Granted, I've only been lifting for a fraction of the amount you have....around a quarter of it, but jeez, props to you. 

Anyways, nah the working out has very little to do with AGA, yeah it raises T levels a little, but you would've gone as bald as you did at a very similar if not the exact same speed whether you ever stepped into a gym or not. Just genetics!

Ahh 6ft that’s some proper viking height.

I am 5ft8, 71kg , arms are 44cm ( not sure in inches) bf is variable. During the winter i get up to 11% In the summer i go down to about 7-8

waist is 70cm

bench pr is 150kg 1rep

Edited by Alphafit
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Alphafit said:

Jesus. Yeah, that's some commitment lol. Good job man. 

Regarding Retrograde Alopecia, it's not always 100% the same. Just as hair loss is different, you can have it over different areas like the nape of the neck, the sideburns/temple points and even over the ears where it seems to affect you. 

Honestly and i know it sucks to hear, but i would recommend you take some medication like Finasteride, Minoxidil and Microneedle for about a year and take monthly pictures and see if it helps around the donor, crown and mid scalp. 

You said you haven't had anything to help in the gym, so i guess it just comes down the roll of the dice on genetics. 

The "Just shave it bro(!)" advice requires a jacked physique and you got that down, the beards there too and you even got tattoos so overall you're probably in a pretty good position to deal with the best fall back option imo. 

Edited by NARMAK
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

Jesus. Yeah, that's some commitment lol. Good job man. 

Regarding Retrograde Alopecia, it's not always 100% the same. Just as hair loss is different, you can have it over different areas like the nape of the neck, the sideburns/temple points and even over the ears where it seems to affect you. 

Honestly and i know it sucks to hear, but i would recommend you take some medication like Finasteride, Minoxidil and Microneedle for about a year and take monthly pictures and see if it helps around the donor, crown and mid scalp. 

You said you haven't had anything to help in the gym, so i guess it just comes down the roll of the dice on genetics. 

The "Just shave it bro(!)" advice requires a jacked physique and you got that down, the beards there too and you even got tattoos so overall you're probably in a pretty good position to deal with the best fall back option imo. 

i am quite familiar with the subject about gear use and TRT and their effect on DHT. I understand, i would have been less mad at my hair if I had used anything of that sort😂 But i have not.

Well in the end of day if I do decide to go ahead with the transplant I’d  have to be ready for 2 sessions at the very least and my beard to be the main donor at least it’s crazy thick 😂

if mot I am going down the SMP route and just embracing the shave

or I might do both 

10 minutes ago, Alphafit said:

i am quite familiar with the subject about gear use and TRT and their effect on DHT. I understand, i would have been less mad at my hair if I had used anything of that sort😂 But i have not.

Well in the end of day if I do decide to go ahead with the transplant I’d  have to be ready for 2 sessions at the very least and my beard to be the main donor at least it’s crazy thick 😂

if mot I am going down the SMP route and just embracing the shave

or I might do both 

Honestly, for your age, i would genuinely hop on medication first and treat it with the kitchen sink for about 1-2 years and see how you get on. 

If you could probably demonstrate an improvement and no further recession etc. at 28+ it probably will stand you in better stead for a transplant. Eugenix probably are a great example to look at on your type of hair loss could be managed with 2 sessions. 

@Zoomster is probably the best person to give advice. 

• Thanks 1

Don't bother with HT's or even SMP... just shave it.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

4 minutes ago, aaron1234 said:

Don't bother with HT's or even SMP... just shave it.

I been shaving it, just grew out for the photos.

main reason i am willing to get a transplant or smp is shaving every single day is bothersome😂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NARMAK said:

Honestly, for your age, i would genuinely hop on medication first and treat it with the kitchen sink for about 1-2 years and see how you get on. 

If you could probably demonstrate an improvement and no further recession etc. at 28+ it probably will stand you in better stead for a transplant. Eugenix probably are a great example to look at on your type of hair loss could be managed with 2 sessions. 

@Zoomster is probably the best person to give advice. 

@AlphafitI latched on to your earlier comment " I like the shaved look " ..therein lies your answer....you're going to need minimum of 10k grafts over 2 procedures and recoveries to not feel shortchanged on the final result...

I'm just not feeling it here... 

Google skullshaver ..a brilliant handheld #0 buzz shaver makes shaving down daily a cinch. 👍

Nothing is impossible, but after looking at your donor area.. it will probably get exhausted and completely destroyed after 1 or 2 hair transplants if you go with FUE route.

In my opinion you have two options.

• Either gamble with your donor area and pray it gives you enough grafts for 2 sessions + a healthy amount of beard grafts aswell for density illusion.
  • Or else ............ I wonder if you found an amazing Dr who makes impeccable FUT procedures? I can see you with 2 clean strip scars and a full head of hair.

29 minutes ago, Ryan Daniel said:

Nothing is impossible, but after looking at your donor area.. it will probably get exhausted and completely destroyed after 1 or 2 hair transplants if you go with FUE route.

In my opinion you have two options.

• Either gamble with your donor area and pray it gives you enough grafts for 2 sessions + a healthy amount of beard grafts aswell for density illusion.
  • Or else ............ I wonder if you found an amazing Dr who makes impeccable FUT procedures? I can see you with 2 clean strip scars and a full head of hair.

To tell you the truth i’d rather have a gamble and go FUE route.

I like my head shaved really close to the skin on back and sides, and feel that 2 stripes  on back is out of the question for me.

4 minutes ago, Alphafit said:

To tell you the truth i’d rather have a gamble and go FUE route.

I like my head shaved really close to the skin on back and sides, and feel that 2 stripes  on back is out of the question for me.

I totally understand your concern. I had an FUT procedure in 2015 and it took alot of smp and even some grafts to cover it up.

Whatever Dr you choose, make sure that they have excellent donor area management, since you wish to have very short haircuts.. it is important that your donor area remains decent.  As you might know,  both FUE and FUT can leave terrible scarring in the wrong hands. 

So, we go to the other option.  In my thinking, a reputable Dr can for sure manage to squeeze out 2,000 grafts from your donor area and maybe if they are skilled enough another 2,000 grafts from your excellent looking beard. If the procedure is done within a day, DO NOT go to this doctor. This is a serious case and it should be done in separate days for extra care and scalp health for the grafts.  With both these combined you may get full coverage from front to back, keeping in mind that you should get your hairline lower not bringing the temples out as this will cause you to require even more grafts that you do not afford to use.  With 4,000 grafts you can have your scalp covered and you may manage to have a buzz cut look as if you were someone who never went bald.  Keep in mind that its not always about having thick density, this is all about a natural illusion

Hope what i said helps you in some way or other 😄 💪

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Ryan Daniel said:

I totally understand your concern. I had an FUT procedure in 2015 and it took alot of smp and even some grafts to cover it up.

Whatever Dr you choose, make sure that they have excellent donor area management, since you wish to have very short haircuts.. it is important that your donor area remains decent.  As you might know,  both FUE and FUT can leave terrible scarring in the wrong hands. 

So, we go to the other option.  In my thinking, a reputable Dr can for sure manage to squeeze out 2,000 grafts from your donor area and maybe if they are skilled enough another 2,000 grafts from your excellent looking beard. If the procedure is done within a day, DO NOT go to this doctor. This is a serious case and it should be done in separate days for extra care and scalp health for the grafts.  With both these combined you may get full coverage from front to back, keeping in mind that you should get your hairline lower not bringing the temples out as this will cause you to require even more grafts that you do not afford to use.  With 4,000 grafts you can have your scalp covered and you may manage to have a buzz cut look as if you were someone who never went bald.  Keep in mind that its not always about having thick density, this is all about a natural illusion

Hope what i said helps you in some way or other 😄 💪

I am going to Dr Demir TurHair he had the following to say:

you are a high norwood, it’s common to experience retrograde alopecia. your nape does not seem to be affected which is good.

You should be expecting 2/3 sessions all one year apart.

I am confident we can extract 2500 grafts from the scalp to the hairline for the 1st procedure, the aim will be a mature natural hairline.

For the 2nd we will be able to extract between 1800-2300 from the scalp from the donor area and we can get about 3k from the beard under the chin area without compromising the beard.

For the 3rd session(if necessary) I feel the donor on the scalp will be depleted so we will have a go at the beard for another 1-2k , and we will evaluate your chest hair which also seems to be thick and and aim to get as much as possible.

I believe the  end result will be quite enjoyable for you and I am aware you of your expectations which I feel is realistic  for your circumstances.

Edited by Alphafit

9 minutes ago, Alphafit said:

I am going to Dr Demir TurHair he had the following to say:

you are a high norwood, it’s common to experience retrograde alopecia. your nape does not seem to be affected which is good.

You should be expecting 2/3 sessions all one year apart.

I am confident we can extract 2500 grafts from the scalp to the hairline for the 1st procedure, the aim will be a mature natural hairline.

For the 2nd we will be able to extract between 1800-2300 from the scalp for the donor area and we can get about 3k from the beard under the chin area without compromising the beard.

For the 3rd session(if necessary) I feel the donor on the scalp will be depleted so we will have a go at the beard for another 1-2k , and we will evaluate your chest hair which also seems to be thick and and aim to get as much as possible.

I believe the  end result will be quite enjoyable for you and I am aware you of your expectations which I feel is realistic  for your circumstances.

Hi again, I agree with the beard that beard donor would be placed into the depleted donor area. 

Good luck sir 💪

6 minutes ago, Ryan Daniel said:

Hi again, I agree with the beard that beard donor would be placed into the depleted donor area. 

Good luck sir 💪

Sorry I meant from not for haha

Thanks it will be an interesting 3 year journey I guess 😅