Unhappy with one area of SMP Results - Suggestions for fixing?

Allen

Hi everyone, I had an SMP procedure over around 5-6 sessions about a year ago. I'm mostly satisfied with the results, except for one area, my right temple. I can't quite figure out why it looks so weird or if anything can be done to correct it. It's like it's too low or too pointed. They had someone design the hairline, but it just doesn't look natural to me, and even my very candid children have asked why it looks weird. I already discussed with the company that performed the SMP, and they worked on it a bit, but it didn't fix it. 

Has anyone else had this experience or had to have an SMP corrected? Any suggestions on what exactly is wrong with it, and how it might be fixed? Tattoo removal?

Thank you!

Allen Right Temple 3.JPG

Allen Right Temple 2.JPG

Allen Left Temple 1.JPG

Allen Back 1.JPG

Allen Hairline.JPG

I see a few issues here. The issue you’re pointing out with the temple is that it comes down too low and it’s way too rounded. On top of that the temple points look unnatural. You could also benefit from some additional density as the dots are not as dense and dark as your native hair, so the SMP looks half done or half faded. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

Who did the smp work? I do see the temple points look off and not shaped properly.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

16 minutes ago, EvoXOhio said:

I see a few issues here. The issue you’re pointing out with the temple is that it comes down too low and it’s way too rounded. On top of that the temple points look unnatural. You could also benefit from some additional density as the dots are not as dense and dark as your native hair, so the SMP looks half done or half faded. 

Thanks, yes that's probably what I've been noticing but couldn't put my finger on it. I don't remember at what point of shaving I was during these pics, but the color usually matches better right after I've shaved. I've unfortunately complained, gone back for a touch-up, and they still weren't able to fix it. I think I need to find someone to fix the temples, if they can even be fixed. 

2 minutes ago, Allen said:

Thanks, yes that's probably what I've been noticing but couldn't put my finger on it. I don't remember at what point of shaving I was during these pics, but the color usually matches better right after I've shaved. I've unfortunately complained, gone back for a touch-up, and they still weren't able to fix it. I think I need to find someone to fix the temples, if they can even be fixed. 

An SMP artist may say otherwise, but I’m thinking you’ll need the temples and temple points lasered away, then redone by a better artist. You basically need dots removed, not added, to fix the issue. 

3 minutes ago, EvoXOhio said:

An SMP artist may say otherwise, but I’m thinking you’ll need the temples and temple points lasered away, then redone by a better artist. You basically need dots removed, not added, to fix the issue. 

I'm new here, and should probably do some digging, but have your heard of anyone doing that before and suggestions as to who to talk to? I really thought I was at the best, but not sure I would trust their suggestions. Seems like I would need to find a respectable artist first, get their suggestions on what needs to be lasered away, and go from there. 

The temple point is off. That being said, I'm surprised anyone noticed. I guess if your kids already knew you had SMP and were specifically looking at it then they noticed. 

Don't go to Bosley again. You already trusted them to repair their own work and they still couldn't get it right. Don't go back a 3rd time. 

Edited by SadMan2021
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Allen said:

I'm new here, and should probably do some digging, but have your heard of anyone doing that before and suggestions as to who to talk to? I really thought I was at the best, but not sure I would trust their suggestions. Seems like I would need to find a respectable artist first, get their suggestions on what needs to be lasered away, and go from there. 

Bosley is one of the worst in the business for everything hair related. Like many people, you fell for the marketing hype. Don’t feel bad, it’s happened to a lot of people. The good news is that it’s fixable. 

as far as removal, I’m not sure, but any tattoo removal place should work  

if you’re in the Chicago area, I’d get your SMP rework done at Hairline Ink. They did mine and they’re amazing. It may be worth talking to them first to see if they recommend anyone for the lasering. 

Edited by EvoXOhio
  • Like 1

Just now, EvoXOhio said:

Bosley is one of the worst in the business for everything hair related. Like many people, you fell for the marketing hype. Don’t feel bad, it’s happened to a lot of people. The good news is that it’s fixable. 

as far as removal, I’m not sure, but any tattoo removal place should work  

if you’re in the Chicago area, I’d get your SMP rework done at Hairline Ink. They did mine and they’re amazing. 

Thank you, I'm actually in the St. Louis Area, but Bosley's closest was Chicago. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll check out Hairline Ink, unless you happen to have heard of any closer to STL. 

Just now, Allen said:

Thank you, I'm actually in the St. Louis Area, but Bosley's closest was Chicago. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll check out Hairline Ink, unless you happen to have heard of any closer to STL. 

I don’t know any closer, but for things like HTs and SMP it’s always a better idea to go with the best rather than the cheapest or closest. I drove all the way from ohio to them because they’re the best in a 5 hour drive radius. 

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, Allen said:

This was Bosley in Chicago. I really thought I was getting was I was paying for.

I’m sorry to hear about this, please visit Dr. Konior and Dr. Panine, they may be able to help. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

https://shapiromedical.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/article_hairline-design.pdf

Have a look at page 10 (labled p360) in the above pdf.  See if the design of yours is off.

• Like 2

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Maybe you can rub in a woman's facial concealer to soften the look of that temple.  It looks a bit too dark and line is more defined versus the left side.

• Like 1

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

29 minutes ago, JC71 said:

@hairthereor @EnhancedScalpMight be kind enough to comment here. 

If you came to my clinic I would recommend laser removal. You'll probably need at least 2 sessions, maybe three. I would just zap the entire job and start over. 

• Like 1

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

1 hour ago, SadMan2021 said:

it's irritating so many docs can't get the hairline design right when they have the medical literature right in front of them. 

And there's even more SMP artists who think every hairline needs to be a straight line drawn across a client's head (and many can't draw a straight line!). When I started out I studied how some of the top HT docs were designing hairlines (Alexander, Feller, Arocha, Shapiro, Cooley, etc.). I applied this to my SMP designs and I believe it's made a huge difference. 

Edited by hairthere
  • Like 4

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Just now, JC71 said:

Bosley is not a name that synonymous with any decent work, Hair Transplants and now we are seeing poor SMP 😕

They bought HIS Hair, one of the first SMP clinics and first to become a globalized brand. 

• Confused 1