Grafts allocation in receded hairline.

@MazAB @Captain Haddock @HyderabadBlues  @DJ40 @Wandererind

I would appreciate your response.

I am on NW2 and scheduled for HT at Eugenix. I was quoted some 1700 Grafts for hairline and temple points. 

I would like to know how doctor would match the number of grafts already in center vs number of grafts planning to  plant in receded areas as you can see in picture.  I just want make sure the center blends in with rest of the frontal area and does not look different from sides( may be because of low density)

Front.JPG

Edited by gsd2k12

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, gsd2k12 said:

I am on NW2 and scheduled for HT at Eugenix. I was quoted some 1700 Grafts for hairline and temple points. 

I would like to know how doctor would match the number of grafts already in center vs number of grafts planning to  plant in receded areas as you can see in picture.  I just want make sure the center blends in with rest of the frontal area and does not look different from sides( may be because of low density)

Front.JPG

Seems too aggressive in my opinion 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Gsd,

I don’t necessarily think 1700 grafts is too aggressive but that really depends on obtaining more information from you. Perhaps Melvin knows you which is why he made the above statement but without knowing more, I couldn’t say for sure. For example, how old are you? How long have you been losing your hair and have you been using any hair loss medication?  If so, have you successfully stabilized your hair loss?  It’s a family history of hair loss on both sides like?

in terms of making the signs of the hairline as dense as the center, it’s all about graft distribution, angle and orientation.  An experienced and skilled surgeon will make sure that your hairline looks natural and place The right quantity and balance of grafts in areas that’ll make your hairline look natural.

All the best,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Edited by Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

Did Eugenix virtually draw out your hairline in any pictures you provided during your consult? I'd like to compare that to what you've already drawn out yourself and see if there's a noticable delta. 1700 seems a little light for the area you want to cover.

Edited by MazAB

On 12/27/2021 at 9:56 AM, gsd2k12 said:

Front.JPG

Dear @gsd2k12

With the estimated 1700 grafts, we shall be able to provide you an optimum density on your receded areas, while keeping the pre-existing hair at the centre untouched. Also, when you take a picture of your hairline from the front it would appear to be in a straight line, compared to when you take a picture from the sides which makes it look M-shaped.

27 minutes ago, Eugenix Hair Sciences said:

Dear @gsd2k12

With the estimated 1700 grafts, we shall be able to provide you an optimum density on your receded areas, while keeping the pre-existing hair at the centre untouched. Also, when you take a picture of your hairline from the front it would appear to be in a straight line, compared to when you take a picture from the sides which makes it look M-shaped.

Thank you for reaching out. The number of grafts is not at all concern but rather "an optimum density" is. It is one of my concerns I'd have to bring up before surgery.

But thank you anyway, I will touch base with your representative.

Edited by gsd2k12

On 12/28/2021 at 3:42 AM, MazAB said:

Did Eugenix virtually draw out your hairline in any pictures you provided during your consult? I'd like to compare that to what you've already drawn out yourself and see if there's a noticable delta. 1700 seems a little light for the area you want to cover.

I visited the clinic and had the doctor evaluating and drawing hairline. Honestly, this is exact position where my hairline used to be 4 years ago.  I might consider moving up a little bit considering my age (32 M).

My only concern at this point is get optimum number in sides matching to center. I've seen pictures(attached one such case) where dense planted hairs clearly distinguishable from native hairs in terms of numbers and texture. 

Capture.JPG

• Like 1

Makes sense, and you are in the greatest and most capable of hands with Eugenix, so for you it's just a personal preference as to how aggressive or conservative you want the hairline to be. Best advice I can give you coming off a procedure myself is to be sure to let the doctors guide you down the path of how to best shape and frame the hairline and temples based on you own personal attributes. My own indecisiveness made it a little tough on the Eugenix team with having multiple sessions, but in the end they got it just right for me.

• Like 1