Is this a failed transplant? 8 months post-op 2,700 grafts done at HLC.

bloodhound

On 1/2/2022 at 5:18 PM, Runitback said:

Mind if I asked who you I’m used the first time.   I am feeling similar as I believe I could have used more but my dr only did 1700.  You mentioned she and I also had a she, dr nadimi.   

@Runitback When did you get transplant with Nadimi? Are you not satisfied with the results?

On 1/2/2022 at 5:18 PM, Runitback said:

Mind if I asked who you I’m used the first time.   I am feeling similar as I believe I could have used more but my dr only did 1700.  You mentioned she and I also had a she, dr nadimi.   

Here’s the thing…. You can always go back and add more hair/density/lower the hairline.

I consulted with nadimi years back and kick myself for not going with her initially. I went with another doctor who many considered “top tier.” In the end, I didn’t get botched, but I had subpar growth and now donor management issues. Still needed two surgeries even though it should have been an easy one and done.

I wouldn’t write off Nadimi at all. I met with her in person and she is extremely talented. Her techniques, attention to detail, and surgical involvement set her apart from the pack. I’d happily take a skilled and more conservative surgeon like her rather than risk it all in a mega session fue with minimal doctor involvement.

16 hours ago, lindros88 said:

@Runitback When did you get transplant with Nadimi? Are you not satisfied with the results?

Too early to tell for results.   Think I will be good.  Only issue I had was that she did 1700.  We discussed and  I was more than happy and willing to pay for 2000 while I was there. I could have easily used that and more to lower hairline a bit or fill in mid scalp.   I told her this before the surgery started.  But at the end, I got 1700.   

40 minutes ago, Runitback said:

Too early to tell for results.   Think I will be good.  Only issue I had was that she did 1700.  We discussed and  I was more than happy and willing to pay for 2000 while I was there. I could have easily used that and more to lower hairline a bit or fill in mid scalp.   I told her this before the surgery started.  But at the end, I got 1700.   

Gotcha. I am going to see her in August and was quoted something similar, much less than other doctors quoted. Her work looks the most natural to me though and this could be a reason why (conservative approach). I do plan to go back for another visit in 3-5 years.

• Administrators
59 minutes ago, Runitback said:

I can understand the frustration, but a touch up is easy, managing your donor is not. I think there is a time and place to be conservative. I fully trust in Dr. Nadimi's ability as a surgeon and on managing your donor. I wouldn't worry, if anything you can always go back and add more hair, put you can never put it back.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 1/11/2022 at 9:46 AM, Runitback said:

She definitely is conservative. I have had two with her now and while I'm sure it would've been easier to just do it all in one procedure (2,700), she obviously thinks its best to and maybe more effective to split it up. I am young so she was conservative with me (rightfully so) and I didn't want to fight it. But i am very happy considering where I was to where I'm at now. I'll go see her again in 3-4 years. 

Thanks for replying.   I really could have used more and I’m now contemplating whether or not to use her again.  I see very little about her on this forum in the past months.  I was wondering if she is focusing more on the other facial surgery she does and less on hair transplants.   I’m not disappointed with the results, just wonder if it’s better to use someone that focuses solely on hair and not noses, eyes, chins etc.  

• 1 month later...

UPDATE: March 1st, 2022 (11 Months)

After sending HLC pictures of the current status of my transplant they called and offered me a free touch up.

I couldn’t get clarity on why it happened or if it would happen again which would result in a bigger loss of donor hair, but it makes sense as it’s something they would need to assess in person.

The trip itself is not free (1K USD for roundtrip) and I also want to close my temples, lower hairline slightly, and utilize some body hair on my crown.

It’s something to think about, I haven’t decided what I’m going to do next because I’m factoring in time, cost, and risk of another failure.

Either way I wanted to update those interested in my situation or who plan on going to HLC. Feel free to ask any questions, thanks. 

P.s. My hair looks the same.

Edited by bloodhound
  • Like 1

Hello bro,

I have also been dealing with hairloss for several years.
Norwood 4 diffuse thinner.
Finasteride 1mg daily.
I have used each and every imaginable pharmaceutical under the sun including Dutasteride at doses as high as 2.5mg daily, oral minoxidil, fluridil, RU58841 etc...
Pretty much everything except Derek's nuclear protocol and castration but sadly nothing grew back....And I remember Dr. Hamilton demonstrated that total endogenous deprivation through castration stops hairloss dead in its tracks but does NOT regrow hair...
So I basically I just switched back to good old finasteride.
I have only 3 options left at this stage:

A) Finasteride for life and Hair Transplants. I need at least 4000 FU assuming the survival graft is gonna be over 95%
B) 15-20 laser removal over the course of 1-2 years in order to remove the balding shadow that still
makes Male Pattern Baldness visible even after a Gillette Fusion Proglide razor shave
C) SMP tattoo but that would involve touch-ups every couple years as well as shaving at least twice a week. Shaving is an incredible pain in the butt. Done it, been there for 2 years. Bledding, cuts, razors bumps, extreme scalp redness and irritation and lot of time, money and energy wasted in the bathroom and on shaving devices...

My hair transplant is schedulef at HLC next week.
Your story and EvanLawrence's freaks me out...Even though your case seems slightly worse than his.
Of course it is not a distaster but definetely not acceptable for such an expensive clinic.
I have seen good results from them but also many failed cases after digging very deep in the archives.
As for example these

May I ask you several questions please?

1) Do they let you choose which doctor is performing surgery during the first day of consultation ? Dr. Umut seems to be the one who messed up in 3 of the bad cases I have seen
2) Where exactly is the accomodation at HLC ? Was your appartment in the building right on the other side of the clinic across the road ? Or was it another place ?
3) Could you please described briefly what is the exact protocol to follow after the procedure ? Spraying, washing the grafts etc...
4) How is your donor area after 1 year ? Was it overharvested ? I guess little white dots are visible when completely buzzed, aren't they ?
5) How much is the price if you want Dr.Oztan to operate on you ? Some people say it is 3.5€ per graft, other claim he doesn't operate anymore because of neck issues...
THANKS A LOT

Edited by Melvin- Moderator
Removed links
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Soon butchered by hlc said:

Hello bro,

I have also been dealing with hairloss for several years.
Norwood 4 diffuse thinner.
Finasteride 1mg daily.
I have used each and every imaginable pharmaceutical under the sun including Dutasteride at doses as high as 2.5mg daily, oral minoxidil, fluridil, RU58841 etc...
Pretty much everything except Derek's nuclear protocol and castration but sadly nothing grew back....And I remember Dr. Hamilton demonstrated that total endogenous deprivation through castration stops hairloss dead in its tracks but does regrow hair...
So I basically I just switched back to good old finasteride.
I have only 3 options left at this stage:

A) Finasteride for life and Hair Transplants. I need at least 4000 FU assuming the survival graft is gonna be over 95%
B) 15-20 laser removal over the course of 1-2 years in order to remove the balding shadow that still
makes Male Pattern Baldness visible even after a Gillette Fusion Proglide razor shave
C) SMP tattoo but that would involve touch-ups every couple years as well as shaving at least twice a week. Shaving is an incredible pain in the butt. Done it, been there for 2 years. Bledding, cuts, razors bumps, extreme scalp redness and irritation and lot of time, money and energy wasted in the bathroom and on shaving devices...

My hair transplant is schedulef at HLC next week.
Your story and EvanLawrence's freaks me out...Even though your case seems slightly worse than his.
Of course it is not a distaster but definetely not acceptable for such an expensive clinic.
I have seen good results from them but also many failed cases after digging very deep in the archives.
As for example these

May I ask you several questions please?

1) Do they let you choose which doctor is performing surgery during the first day of consultation ? Dr. Umut seems to be the one who messed up in 3 of the bad cases I have seen
2) Where exactly is the accomodation at HLC ? Was your appartment in the building right on the other side of the clinic across the road ? Or was it another place ?
3) Could you please described briefly what is the exact protocol to follow after the procedure ? Spraying, washing the grafts etc...
4) How is your donor area after 1 year ? Was it overharvested ? I guess little white dots are visible when completely buzzed, aren't they ?
5) How much is the price if you want Dr.Oztan to operate on you ? Some people say it is 3.5€ per graft, other claim he doesn't operate anymore because of neck issues...
THANKS A LOT

Hello how’s it going. 

I relate to your story but I’m gonna get straight to the point,  

No you can’t choose who operates. it’s umut and cenginz, 1 does extraction and 1 does implantation.

The apartments right across the street

You’ll be putting a cream on your donor for two weeks, and also spraying saline on your head for 2 weeks as well

I don’t know if Ozgur operates, I didn’t see it as a option.

And thank you for bringing those other 2 cases to my attention, it definitely helps me in my decision making

Tnx for the reply. 

I am still kind of hesitating literrally days before surgery...

On one hand I've already paid the deposit, bought my plane tickets, booked hotel rooms and spent quite a lot of money already...

They gave me a discount because of Covid. I think they used to charge 2.7€ in the past. Maybe even 3€. Therefore (in some way) it is an interesting offer for sure. 

On the other hand, I keep thinking about those bad results...Yours, José's and also the bad cases from the french guys I showed you (one is from 2020 and the 3 others are from 2012). 

I remember said "there is no surgeon that hasn't messed up at least 1 patient" and that even the best clinic have had failed cases but I wonder what is the percentage of failed cases at HLC STATISTICALLY ?? What do you think ? 

I guess they have 3 patients per day so basically it equals roughly to 90 patients per month or maybe a bit less. Out of those 90 patients maybe 5-10 get a result similar to yours or José's...

And of course I know donor area is limited and there is no comeback possible once you get under the knife...And like you said in your previous comments, there is no rationnal reason to believe a free repair surgery should be successful given that the first one was a failure. 

Actually even our man KEVIN MANN changed his mind about HLC and is unsure whether he would trust them based on the recent failed cases published on this forum. 

I wish I could afford someone such as Umar Sanusi, Hasson & Wong, Zarev, Pradeep Sethi, Couto & Lorenzo but 10k is my very maximum budget. 

Maybe I should go with Fereira, Maras, Ximena Vila, Freitas, Pinto. Bit more expensive than HLC but they show a lot more results on their youtube channels. 

What are your plans for the future ? I guess you'll stay on finasteride and to find a reputable surgeon in the US in order to repair your  temple ? 

Wish you all the best

Edited by Still hesitant about HLC..

• Administrators
32 minutes ago, Soon butchered by hlc said:

Tnx for the reply. 

I am still kind of hesitating literrally 4 days before surgery and 3 days before my flight lol. 

On one hand I've already paid the deposit, bought my plane tickets, booked hotel rooms and spent quite a lot of money already...

They gave me a discount because of Covid. I am supposed to pay 2.3€ per graft. I think they used to charge 2.7€ in the past. Maybe even 3€. Therefore (in some way) it is an interesting offer for sure. 

On the other hand, I keep thinking about those bad results...Yours, José's and also the bad cases from the french guys I showed you (one is from 2020 and the 3 others are from 2012). 

I remember Joe Tillman said "there is no surgeon that hasn't messed up at least 1 patient" and that even the best clinic have had failed cases but I wonder what is the percentage of failed cases at HLC STATISTICALLY ?? What do you think ? 

I guess they have 3 patients per day so basically it equals roughly to 90 patients per month or maybe a bit less. Out of those 90 patients maybe 5-10 get a result similar to yours or José's...

And of course I know donor area is limited and there is no comeback possible once you get under the knife...And like you said in your previous comments, there is no rationnal reason to believe a free repair surgery should be successful given that the first one was a failure. 

Actually even Kevin Mann changed his mind about HLC and is unsure whether he would trust them based on the recent failed cases published on this forum. 

I wish I could afford someone such as Umar Sanusi, Hasson & Wong, Zarev, Pradeep Sethi, Couto & Lorenzo but 10k is my very maximum budget. 

Maybe I should go with Fereira, Maras, Ximena Vila, Freitas, Pinto. Bit more expensive than HLC but they show a lot more results on their youtube channels. 

What are your plans for the future ? I guess you'll stay on finasteride and to find a reputable surgeon in the US in order to repair your  temple ? 

Wish you all the best

Your screen name says “soon butchered” but yet you’re legitimately considering going there? I’m almost 99.9% positive you’re just a troll.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

38 minutes ago, Soon butchered by hlc said:

Tnx for the reply. 

I am still kind of hesitating literrally 4 days before surgery and 3 days before my flight lol. 

They gave me a discount because of Covid. I am supposed to pay 2.3€ per graft. I think they used to charge 2.7€ in the past. Maybe even 3€. Therefore (in some way) it is an interesting offer for sure. 

I remember said "there is no surgeon that hasn't messed up at least 1 patient" and that even the best clinic have had failed cases but I wonder what is the percentage of failed cases at HLC STATISTICALLY ?? What do you think ? 

Actually even Kevin Mann changed his mind about HLC and is unsure whether he would trust them based on the recent failed cases published on this forum. 

Wish you all the best

As a recipient of a botched HT, I gladly would pay WELL over 10k to just never have experienced the stress, emotional turmoil, and overall fallout of dealing with a botched HT

Much better to accept the loss of what I assume is a few k for the security deposit, and save up till you can go to a clinic you feel confident in. 

Natural balding is ALWAYS better than a botched unnatural HT. Don't rush into surgery, no matter how badly your MPB is bothering you. 

Mister Lopez, I really do not appreciate your behaviour. 

First of all, you deleted the links I posted on my previous comment. Why are you censoring information ? Because these were links to other forums that you perceive as concurrents to yours ? Because they show bad results from a particular clinic ? 

Totally unfair behaviour. I am considering unsubscribing already. 

Secondly you call me "just a troll". Okay well no, I am actually not a troll. But I do not care about your opinion. 

I decided to use this particular nickname on this forum simply because it reflects my current state of mind.

Going into surgery next week, having already bought the airplane tickets, paid for accomodation as well as the deposit and spent 700€ already while finding out literally weeks/days before surgery (after digging VERY deep into the history of the clinic) that this "reputable clinic" has more than one bad result makes me question my decision to go there....

Sure my screen name is a definitely sarcastic and may not sound serious but this is just how I feel right now. 

I guess I should have done my homework a bit earlier but without me coming across Bloodhound's and José's  cases on this forum I would have NEVER ever suspected anything wrong coming from HLC and thus would have never researched sooo deep into the archives and found quite a few additionnal bad cases.

Have a nice day. 

Edited by Soon butchered by hlc
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Soon butchered by hlc said:

First of all, you deleted the links I posted on my previous comment. Why are you censoring information ? Because these were links to other forums that you perceive as concurrents to yours ? Because they show bad results from a particular clinic ? 

Secondly you call me "just a troll". Okay well no, I am actually not a troll. But I do not care about your opinion. 

I decided to use this particular nickname on this forum simply because it reflects my current state of mind.

Going into surgery next week, having already bought the airplane tickets, paid for accomodation as well as the deposit and spent 700€ already while finding out literrally weeks/days (after digging VERY deep into the history of the clinic) that this "reputable clinic" has more than one bad result makes me question my decision to go there....

Sure my nickname is a bit sarcastic and may not sound serious but this is just how I feel right now. 

I guess I should have done my homework a bit earlier but without Bloodhound's and José's published cases on this forum I would have NEVER ever suspected anything wrong coming from HLC and thus would have never researched sooo deep into the archives and found quite a few additionnal bad cases.

Have a nice day. 

Is the risk of a failure and permanent loss of donor hair worth less then the deposit you’ve made

13 minutes ago, Soon butchered by hlc said:

Yes very wise point. Agree 100% with you. 🙏

whichever decision you make I wish you well on your journey. You only have 1 set of donor hair, and even on finasteride albeit slower than normal, you’ll still continue to bald over time

It’s a risk regardless of which doctor you go to even they’re the best, the most you can do is minimize that risk while factoring in your budget, it’s your hair so don’t cheap out on it.

You did the right thing by continuing research and your reluctance to go through with your surgery is in my opinion your instinct telling you not to.

I know you may not want to wait longer, or have to go through the rabbit hole of finding another doctor, but if your unsatisfied with your results you will have to wait a full year minimum before another transplant.

There’s always a possibility that you may have satisfactory results from HLC, it’s not like they’re a hair mill. It seems like the fails that do happen are happening more recently. So maybe they changed the way they do things. 

Try to postpone your date, so you can have more time to think about it. You don’t want to make an impulsive decision and pay permanently for it, but maybe you’ll become comfortable going. 

Wish you luck 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Soon butchered by hlc said:

Going into surgery next week, having already bought the airplane tickets, paid for accomodation as well as the deposit and spent 700€ already while finding out literally weeks/days before surgery (after digging VERY deep into the history of the clinic) that this "reputable clinic" has more than one bad result makes me question my decision to go there....

Sure my screen name is a definitely sarcastic and may not sound serious but this is just how I feel right now. 

I guess I should have done my homework a bit earlier but without me coming across Bloodhound's and José's  cases on this forum I would have NEVER ever suspected anything wrong coming from HLC and thus would have never researched sooo deep into the archives and found quite a few additionnal bad cases.

Have a nice day. 

Try again, we have zero affiliation with this clinic. We don’t allow links to other forums. 

• Like 1

View my thread

4 hours ago, Soon butchered by hlc said:

These numbers are ridiculous.

If you think HLC gives you a 10% of being "butchered" ... and are STILL going there... you're an idiot. Or you're just a troll.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, MachoVato said:

These numbers are ridiculous.

If you think HLC gives you a 10% of being "butchered" ... and are STILL going there... you're an idiot. Or you're just a troll.

Hello MachoVato, 

I am open to friendly discussion and wanna learn from your experience as well. 

You didn't read my posts obviously or you did not understand my points. Never mind. 

Actually I was thinking HLC is a GREAT clinic and amongst the best for FUE in Europe until I came across Bloodhound and José story on this forum and spanish hairloss youtuber Messias' channel and then started researching VERY deep into the archives. 

I knew hlc was perhaps not as elite as some very expensive docs such as Couto & Lorenzo or maybe some doctors in the US but still I felt really really confident until recently. That is why I had chosen them initially. 

Based on that very extensive research,  it turned out (literally around 10 days before surgery) that there are elements that justifiably awake quite a few doubts and suspiscions in regards to their abilities...

A) How was your experience with them ? 

B) What is your opinion about the numbers I was speculating about ? 

C) What do you think would be an accurate estimate of the number patients they operate each month ? And also what do you think the percentage of failed cases that happen per month ? Less than 10% ? 

D) What was your post-operative routine specifically ? 

I know they do NOT have many failed cases and none of those particular cases is a disaster like those we often see from lowcost hairmills.  Bloodhound case is not a disaster meaning the donor area is okay and there is SOME growth in the recipient area but this type of result is just not acceptable given the high price and reputation.  It is not too bad for sure  but looks like the average lowcost result from Elithair, estepera, serkan aygin, cinik etc...

Looking forward to hear your opinion. 

Thanks 

1 hour ago, Still hesitant about HLC.. said:

Hello MachoVato, 

I am open to friendly discussion and wanna learn from your experience as well. 

You didn't read my posts obviously or you did not understand my points. Never mind. 

Actually I was thinking HLC is a GREAT clinic and amongst the best for FUE in Europe until I came across Bloodhound and José story on this forum and spanish hairloss youtuber Messias' channel and then started researching VERY deep into the archives. 

I knew hlc was perhaps not as elite as some very expensive docs such as Couto & Lorenzo or maybe some doctors in the US but still I felt really really confident until recently. That is why I had chosen them initially. 

Based on that very extensive research,  it turned out (literally around 10 days before surgery) that there are elements that justifiably awake quite a few doubts and suspiscions in regards to their abilities...

A) How was your experience with them ? 

B) What is your opinion about the numbers I was speculating about ? 

C) What do you think would be an accurate estimate of the number patients they operate each month ? And also what do you think the percentage of failed cases that happen per month ? Less than 10% ? 

D) What was your post-operative routine specifically ? 

I know they do NOT have many failed cases and none of those particular cases is a disaster like those we often see from lowcost hairmills.  Bloodhound case is not a disaster meaning the donor area is okay and there is SOME growth in the recipient area but this type of result is just not acceptable given the high price and reputation.  It is not too bad for sure  but looks like the average lowcost result from Elithair, estepera, serkan aygin, cinik etc...

Looking forward to hear your opinion. 

Thanks 

Look, you came out pretty negative on your very first post with a very cringy username. If that's just your sense of humor, my bad I apologize. But remember that people read things like this and make big decisions about their hair.

This is sidetracking the post but I'll try to answer you questions.

Let's go with your number of 100 patients a month, which is probably close. They have 5 doctors (I think) and work 6 days a week. Some patients, like myself, are 2 day procedures. Let's round down to 1,000 patients per year. Not sure when they started, but I see patient cases from 2011. So let's say 10 years... 10,000 patients. You found 4 cases of sub-par results. I don't know the percentage... 10% would be disastrous, that's hair mill category. 

The first rule to remember is that most people don't post their transplant because they don't want others to know they had one. It's so uncommon that doctors are willing to give a discount if the patient allows them to post their pictures. The exception is when things go wrong. They want to complain, seek sympathy, support, perhaps hurt the doctor... and maybe find some emotional closure. Nothing wrong with this, I understand it. Chances are high that unhappy patients will post... chances are low that happy patients won't.

Final thought... it is a big misconception that hair transplants will be perfect after one procedure. It is simply not possible to get density of native hair in one procedure. And it is quite normal to get some spots that don't fill in perfectly... a double or two in the hairline... some hair that doesn't lay down right... etc. If you are looking for perfection, you are likely going to be disappointed no matter who you go to. Even the elites are not perfect.

That said, my case was a 95% homerun. I've written plenty about my experience and shared lots of photos. The clinic has asked my permission to use my photos, and I guess they going to post it on their social media, not sure.