Asmed 3500 grafts -7 months in

Frustrated

This is a failed transplant, at 7 months there must not be such a poor regrowth, moreover that redness is unusual, I would recommend that you visit a dermatologist, to be sure that your scalp is not affected by any pathology that you, nor did you know the clinic you had.  Also, the fact that I completely sedated you before the procedure makes me suspect something unethical on the part of the clinic.

1 hour ago, Frustrated said:

Perhaps some implanted hair thickness..but am I seriously expecting any further growth or density at this point?

Your growth does seem pretty low for 6 months. But I have seen a case very similar to yours, where there was scanty growth for 6 months, and then the growth rate was amazing. So I'd say wait for a full year to see how it looks. 

Having said that, if I were you, I'd be worried too. Not sure if I would expect great density even after a year, although it wouldn't be as bad as you think it will. Nobody can say at this point of time (including the doctor) when you'll achieve full results. So just wait it out :)

I've had a failed transplant, and not too happy with my corrective surgery either, so I can feel what you're going through. Just have patience, it's not the end of the world! All the best to you mate. Keep us updated with the progress! :)

5 minutes ago, Egy said:

This is a failed transplant, at 7 months there must not be such a poor regrowth, moreover that redness is unusual, I would recommend that you visit a dermatologist, to be sure that your scalp is not affected by any pathology that you, nor did you know the clinic you had.  Also, the fact that I completely sedated you before the procedure makes me suspect something unethical on the part of the clinic.

That sounded weird to me .. as as far as i know , HT i saw was done via local anesthetic ..

it's important to have communication between patient and DR during a HT IMO , plus , excessive anesthesia can affect blood supply to the grafts . 

either way  , you shall be told before the procedure about anesthesia to be used is local or not .

to be honest during my consultation with ASMED done ~1 year back   , they mentioned that they use local anesthesia , you can check the same in your evaluation sent by mail . 

That's exactly why you shall have a reply from the clinic to elaborate such point along with all of your concerns  !

18 minutes ago, Egy said:

Agreed that being put to sleep was a dodgy putting it mildly, not to mention being refused to talk with the doc post op.

Edited by Frustrated

6 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

Agreed that being put to sleep was a dodgy putting it mildly, not to mention being refused to talk with the doc post op.

So I would like to understand, did they warn you before the procedure that they were going to put you completely asleep or was it their own initiative without telling you anything?

5 minutes ago, Egy said:

So I would like to understand, did they warn you before the procedure that they were going to put you completely asleep or was it their own initiative without telling you anything?

No warning. They said Local only. Not general. Wasn’t expecting to be fully knocked out and I woke up when they were almost finished implanting the extractions. 

Edited by Frustrated
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

No warning. They said Local only. Not general. Wasn’t expecting to be fully knocked out and I woke up when they were almost finished implanting the extractions. 

This is very serious.

2 minutes ago, JC71 said:

Lot for the clinic to answer here, they really need to respond 🤨

I’ve tried a a number of occasions if I can speak to the doc and he’s flatly refused stating he’s too busy and to wait 6 months.

Edited by Frustrated
  • Confused 1

Just now, Frustrated said:

I’ve tried a a number of occasions if I can speak to the doc and he’s flatly refused stating he’s too busy.

This thread will get there attention, it normally has the desired effect. Hope they do see it and give a full response 🙏

8 minutes ago, JC71 said:

This thread will get there attention, it normally has the desired effect. Hope they do see it and give a full response 🙏

Thanks JC

The responses from the patient coordinator have been political at best to date.

Hopefully these will show some some ownership (assuming they respond)

Edited by Frustrated
  • Like 1

Any clinic shall have junior DR at least to discuss your concerns even if he's not the one who did the procedure , he will have enough experience to assess the situation . 

At least their patient coordinator can take your questions and get elaborative answer from the doctor , instead of you playing the wait and guessing game .. 

Did you express excessive fear about needles , incisions before the procedure ? 

6 minutes ago, H.K said:

Any clinic shall have junior DR at least to discuss your concerns even if he's not the one who did the procedure , he will have enough experience to assess the situation . 

At least their patient coordinator can take your questions and get elaborative answer from the doctor , instead of you playing the wait and guessing game .. 

Did you express excessive fear about needles , incisions before the procedure ? 

Jr doctor? You mean the techs? They’re not doctors?

yes I had a co-ordinator who was young kid. Every question I asked had to be relayed back or was given a generic answer.

I have no fear of needles. 

I payed top dollar at one of the worlds (or so I thought) reputable hair surgeries with a top 10 global surgeon. I assumed I was in good hands and after 4 years of consultancy with Asmed before taking the plunge (yes 4 long years!!!), I thought they could be trusted

fool me once 😤

Edited by Frustrated

A clinic should never fully sedate you without informing you and getting authorization.  

i actually was fully sedated for my procedure, but knew of this months in advanced.  I even had to pay 600 dollars extra for the anesthesiologist.

Anesthesia is no joke. 

Is it possible you were half sedated (mild sedation, not full) and simply fell asleep for the whole thing?

Check out my journey here:

2 minutes ago, Fue3361 said:

A clinic should never fully sedate you without informing you and getting authorization.  

i actually was fully sedated for my procedure, but knew of this months in advanced.  I even had to pay 600 dollars extra for the anesthesiologist.

Anesthesia is no joke. 

Is it possible you were half sedated (mild sedation, not full) and simply fell asleep for the whole thing?

Trust me I was knocked out

well , i believe in giving a chance to all parties to express their opinion , including patient and clinic  , but Again , even if outcome of HT turn out to be good , poor post surgery follow-up is what's creating this situation .. 

wish you the best anyway .. in all cases , i trust this can be fixed .. 

• Like 1