Cancun Hair Restoration - Scam/Fraud Clinic? Dr. Hector Fernando

FLEngineer

Hi,

I recently had a hair transplant done by Dr. Fernando Alejos from Cancun Hair Restoration located in Cancun Mexico.  I will attach post op and pre-op pictures.  

I believe I was 100% scammed by this company.  I paid $4,000 for a minimum guarantee of 2,500 grafts and up to 3,000.  When I counted, I come up with 589 grafts.  This has been very emotionally and mentally stressful on me, surgery was done on 11/19/2021.  I was wondering if any knowledgeable doctors would be able to look at these pictures and ballpark estimate the grafts I received? For reference, two technicians completed the procedure in 3 hours and they claimed this is 2,000 grafts (pictures taken today 11/22/2021, 3 days post op).  I split the sections into quadrants for convenience.  I am currently in the process of disputing my credit card payment and I believe that having an independent surgeon's testimony would help my case if anyone was willing.

I was also wondering if any doctors could provide input on what timeline I can expect that I could have this repaired?  In 12 months perhaps, by an actual certified and highly reviewed clinic this time?

InkedCrown hair count_LI.1.jpg

InkedHairline Hair Count_LI.1.jpg

pre op front.2.jpg

pre-op crown.jpg

pre-op left.jpg

pre-op right.jpg

Pre-op top.jpg

post op back.jpg

Edited by FLEngineer
Additional details added

Damn dude. This is awful 😞 you was indeed lied too, and they have taken money and not delivered what was agreed. Really hope your credit card company can help you get refunded for this. 
I would say your graft counts are pretty accurate, so 600 max probs.

Edited by JC71
  • Like 4

And yes look to having a repair in about 12 months time. Which will give you plenty of time to consult with some top Drs that will refine and repair what’s been done. In a way it’s good they didn’t extract anymore grafts with such poor work as we can see here. 

Thank you.  In order to ensure max hair re-growth I will be hopping back on dutasteride and RU58841.  The pre-op pictures are when I was only on finasteride so I fully expect to be able to cover up this farce in the mean time.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FLEngineer said:

Thank you.  In order to ensure max hair re-growth I will be hopping back on dutasteride and RU58841.  The pre-op pictures are when I was only on finasteride so I fully expect to be able to cover up this farce in the mean time.

So sad to see work like this still gets done. Nader + HMR are good choices for Mexico. Not sure that I have seen any repair work by them though. 

29 minutes ago, FLEngineer said:

Hi,

I recently had a hair transplant done by Dr. Fernando Alejos from Cancun Hair Restoration located in Cancun Mexico.  I will attach post op and pre-op pictures.  

I believe I was 100% scammed by this company.  I paid $4,000 for a minimum guarantee of 2,500 grafts and up to 3,000.  When I counted, I come up with 589 grafts.  This has been very emotionally and mentally stressful on me, surgery was done on 11/19/2021.  I was wondering if any knowledgeable doctors would be able to look at these pictures and ballpark estimate the grafts I received? For reference, two technicians completed the procedure in 3 hours and they claimed this is 2,000 grafts (pictures taken today 11/22/2021, 3 days post op).  I split the sections into quadrants for convenience.  I am currently in the process of disputing my credit card payment and I believe that having an independent surgeon's testimony would help my case if anyone was willing.

I was also wondering if any doctors could provide input on what timeline I can expect that I could have this repaired?  In 12 months perhaps, by an actual certified and highly reviewed clinic this time?

InkedCrown hair count_LI.1.jpg

InkedHairline Hair Count_LI.1.jpg

pre op front.2.jpg

pre-op crown.jpg

pre-op left.jpg

pre-op right.jpg

Pre-op top.jpg

post op back.jpg

Yes one thing is for sure, that is not 2500 grafts. That is not even 1000 grafts. Real fraudsters.

• Like 3

This absolutely disgraceful. Definitely under 1000 as your photos are quite clear. The worrying thing is the donor looks like more has been taken by the punch marks. I hope I am wrong since less donor grafts taken will mean a fairly straightforward repair hopefully. 

• Like 2

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

• Administrators

Wow thanks for posting this, people need to know this information. In the meantime, do you live in Mexico or the US?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I am 25 and I am from Florida.  Of course, now from reading these commentes I'm concerned they depleted my donor area too much.  Hopefully a repair is still feasible.  In the meantime I'm skipping finasteride and going straight to dutasteride, topical minoxidil and RU58841 to ensure my hairline doesn't look too fake/stupid.

5 minutes ago, FLEngineer said:

I am 25 and I am from Florida.  Of course, now from reading these commentes I'm concerned they depleted my donor area too much.  Hopefully a repair is still feasible.  In the meantime I'm skipping finasteride and going straight to dutasteride, topical minoxidil and RU58841 to ensure my hairline doesn't look too fake/stupid.

Well you dont need a repair, the grafts implanted though will not make any difference to your situation.

You are a Norwood 5A and need about 6500 grafts in the middle part, you need to be stabilised on Finasteride before you go through with another surgery

image.png.0090ee285b383c8818b08e255cc95ab4.png

5 minutes ago, FLEngineer said:

I don’t think you should be concerned about depletion as it does seem that numbers are low generally. Their understanding of donor area is a bit awkward too as it seems it started quite high. I’m sorry to read this and i hope you get to at least reclaim your financial loss. 
Get past the waiting phase and hopefully a second procedure will get you back on track. 

• Like 4

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

• Administrators
36 minutes ago, FLEngineer said:

You are quite young. I will give it time to see how it actually turns out, hopefully, it looks decent. Although they misled you based on the number of grafts, it could still look okay. Give it time and then reassess after 12 months. This time BE SURE to research here before making your decision.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Yeah it should still be an improvement.  I don't need a perfect hairline, I just get so frustrated that I fell for this because I thought I was being clever to save a buck.  I honestly think there's a chance my results might be good enough that I won't be bothered enough to get another transplant but we'll see.

8 hours ago, FLEngineer said:

Yeah it should still be an improvement.  I don't need a perfect hairline, I just get so frustrated that I fell for this because I thought I was being clever to save a buck.  I honestly think there's a chance my results might be good enough that I won't be bothered enough to get another transplant but we'll see.

Yes but you will lose all your hair on top, its just a matter of time. You can check out Rolandas youtube channel, he have the same loss pattern as you, he reversed it with 6500 grafts. Its good to get on Finasteride/Dutasteride to slow down the process, stabilise, and hopefully thicken up the middle part some more, then you can probably be happy for a couple of more years say 3-10 years(really difficult to say a timespan) before you need to do something again.

Edited by digi23
  • Like 2

• Valued Contributor

I've just seen this post and sadly it's another one too many. Fortunately the grafts haven't been placed in a ridiculously low position in the hairline or 6,000 grafts were extracted, etc. However being an ex butchered patient myself @FLEngineer I can empathize with you on every level. However you are in such a strong position and you have twelve months of research you can do while waiting for this to grow out. Thinking of you and all the best!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

I've just seen this post and sadly it's another one too many. Fortunately the grafts haven't been placed in a ridiculously low position in the hairline or 6,000 grafts were extracted, etc. However being an ex butchered patient myself @FLEngineer I can empathize with you on every level. However you are in such a strong position and you have twelve months of research you can do while waiting for this to grow out. Thinking of you and all the best!

Exactly this, it could have been a lot worse really. At least it wasn’t a massive FUE session, OP won’t be over harvested, although that extraction pattern does venture too high. 

• Like 2

I appreciate all the input and kind thoughts, thank you all so much.  Also bit of an update, Dr. William Rassman has sent me a signed testimonial stating I got scammed for my dispute case, so getting my money back should be an open and shut case with MasterCard.

• Like 7

• FLEngineer changed the title to Cancun Hair Restoration - Scam/Fraud Clinic? Dr. Hector Fernando
  • 1 year later...

Unfortunately I was a victim to this piece of sh*t. I had a hair transplant done July 3. He completely ignored one’s side of my head, they didn’t give me morphine during scalp injections on purpose then were laughing during the procedure. I had to call them out on it, but it was too late. I knew during the entire 6 hour procedure I was being mistreated and hoping for not too bad of transplants. This was horrible. I paid $5,000 for the ARTAS which they only used to extract not to insert, all the implants were done by hand, mostly by the medical techs, not the DR. They purposefully mistreat their patients, this is not incompetency.  

Supposedly 1500 grafts 

IMG_9051.png

IMG_9052.png

IMG_9053.png

Edited by Melvin- Moderator
Removed speculation