How many grafts would you recommend for my situation?

Im a 32 year old male and im looking to get a hairline transplant using the FUE method. Recently, I shaved my head that way I could see how much my hairloss has advanced and I came up with the pics herere.

I am looking for a doctor that specializes in FUE that will give me results that will last me a long time. I do want the results to be noticeable so not only am I looking for a doctor recommendation but im also curious if you guys think 1500 grafts is enough ?

IMG-5056.jpg

IMG-5058.jpg

IMG-5320.jpg

• Administrators

It depends how low you want your hairline. I would say around 2,000-2,500 grafts. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

It's too soon for HT

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

I disagree, if he's 32, and his hairline has been relatively stable the last few years, I think it's fine to have a HT if his hairline bothers him.

As to your question of how many grafts?  There's literally no correct answer.  Depends how long you want the hairline.  Depends how aggresively you want to restore the temples.  Depends on many factors (basically depends on the hairline design).

Personally, I'd say a minimum of 2k if it was my own personal hair. But it also depends on how short you want to keep your hair.  If you want a buzz cut and to keep it at that length, it might have to be even more, since then you need higher density all over, not just on the first few rows of the hairline.

Check out my journey here:

• Valued Contributor

@yeeaah have or are you considering taking a 5ari such as finasteride? You have a lot of hair to keep (or lose) in the future. The amount of grafts for your hairline is really dictated on whether you are going to have your temple points done, etc. All the best!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2021 at 3:10 AM, Gatsby said:

@yeeaah have or are you considering taking a 5ari such as finasteride? You have a lot of hair to keep (or lose) in the future. The amount of grafts for your hairline is really dictated on whether you are going to have your temple points done, etc. All the best!

I am about to go on it. I am looking to put some grafts in my temple points. If thats the case are we thinking 1500-2000? I dont want to go too crazy since I dont know how much more I will lose along the years. 

On 11/12/2021 at 3:06 AM, Fue3361 said:

I disagree, if he's 32, and his hairline has been relatively stable the last few years, I think it's fine to have a HT if his hairline bothers him.

As to your question of how many grafts?  There's literally no correct answer.  Depends how long you want the hairline.  Depends how aggresively you want to restore the temples.  Depends on many factors (basically depends on the hairline design).

Personally, I'd say a minimum of 2k if it was my own personal hair. But it also depends on how short you want to keep your hair.  If you want a buzz cut and to keep it at that length, it might have to be even more, since then you need higher density all over, not just on the first few rows of the hairline.

Luckily, I do like keeping the top much longer and just fade the sides. It suits my face better. 

26 minutes ago, yeeaah said:

I am about to go on it. I am looking to put some grafts in my temple points. If thats the case are we thinking 1500-2000? I dont want to go too crazy since I dont know how much more I will lose along the years. 

Around about 2000 grafts will be fine as long as you only bring your hairline down by a little bit. Maybe 1-1.5cm down at the forelock and then rounding off into the corners (i.e. not having it flat across. I just had 2000, well 2025, grafts myself. 

You could do a bit more if you wanted it a bit straighter across/lower, but I don't think there would be any need to.

25 minutes ago, JDEE0 said:

Around about 2000 grafts will be fine as long as you only bring your hairline down by a little bit. Maybe 1-1.5cm down at the forelock and then rounding off into the corners (i.e. not having it flat across. I just had 2000, well 2025, grafts myself. 

You could do a bit more if you wanted it a bit straighter across/lower, but I don't think there would be any need to.

image.png.c90f6dc0a85e759a173bcc33c1ab8bae.png

Im thinking of targeting the areas within the red line. 

I would say 2000. Less than that may work but will not give you the desired density you want. You also need some temple work to make it all work together. Go conservative with hairline because if your loss progresses you should have enough grafts left for more sessions.

Just now, TEXAN35 said:

I would say 2000. Less than that may work but will not give you the desired density you want. You also need some temple work to make it all work together. Go conservative with hairline because if your loss progresses you should have enough grafts left for more sessions.

so i have 2000 grafts to play with. Youre saying to not worry too much about lowering the hairline and use those grafts on my temples more than anything?

3 minutes ago, yeeaah said:

so i have 2000 grafts to play with. Youre saying to not worry too much about lowering the hairline and use those grafts on my temples more than anything?

Yes since you are above 30 you do not need a very low hairline for natural look. Rather than lower hairline  make sure your hairline and temples go well together and have enough density. I would say it should be between 2000-2200  . Again a good doctor probably seeing you in person can give you better estimate.