Dr Wise vs Dr Gartner (NJ)

Hello everyone.

has anyone had an FUE procedure with Dr Wise in Wayne, NJ or Dr Gartner in Paramus, NJ (NOVA)?

i am torn between the two, but both seem to be the best from my research.

any help/recommendations appreciated.

thank you!

Edited by MBJ48

• MBJ48 changed the title to Dr Wise vs Dr Gartner (NJ)

I would say no to both and keep researching. Those Drs have been asked about for as long as I can remember and we have yet to see a single decent result here on the forum from either. You should consider the forums list:

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/hair-transplant-surgeons.asp?sr=HRN-MOB

If your lucky enough to have decent options In your area, then great. If not, or they don’t suit your needs ? then be prepared to travel. I would start withTrue & Dorin ! Elite Drs and in your location. 

Edited by JC71
  • Like 1

Thanks JC71. 

I am new to this forum. Where can I find the reviews of those mentioned Drs (Wise & Gartner)? Also they both quoted about $11k for 2000 graphs. Is that about right across the board?

Thank you!

1 minute ago, MBJ48 said:

Thanks JC71. 

I am new to this forum. Where can I find the reviews of those mentioned Drs (Wise & Gartner)? Also they both quoted about $11k for 2000 graphs. Is that about right across the board?

Thank you!

I would also say no to both you mentioned. You should look up Drs who ONLY do hair transplants. 

You basically have two options if you want real quality work. Dr Robert J Dorin or Dr H True. 

Can be find here: https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/surgeon-list/NJ/New Jersey

19 minutes ago, MBJ48 said:

Thanks JC71. 

Thank you!

Consult with True & Dorin. Either are excellent choices. Ignore those other Drs they are not even worth wasting any time and effort on. 

On 11/8/2021 at 10:38 AM, digi23 said:

They are both highly skilled and one of the best choices in USA.

Either doctor would give you a very nice result…I suggest you start with Dr. Dorin.

• Like 2

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Thanks everyone for your comments. I have spoken to Dr Dorin and having a back and forth email with Dr Bloxham. My biggest worry is the lack of reviews for either of them. I mean, regardless of what has been said about Dr Wise and Gartner (Nova), all their work is either shown on their website or on instagram. I can hardly find any before and after pictures from Dorin or Bloxham and lack of any media coverage has me concerned. We are in 2021, not the 90s, so I am surprised with that. 

Dr Dorin said I would be looking at about 1200 graphs on my virtual consultation and I am yet to heat back from Dr Bloxham. 

Here’s the thing: most clinics are not very good at getting patient consent to post their cases on public forums and other platforms while some clinics are very aggressive at it and some even offer free graft incentives.

So, my point is that a so-called “lack of reviews” or lack of result photos means nothing…you should be looking at consistency of outstanding work over a long period of time.

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

It’s not that its not displayed anywhere, maybe just not the volume of results that you want or expect to see…this community previews results of recommended doctors and as you know, the clinics themselves…other than that, it’s up to each individual patient as to whether or not they choose to share their case on a public forum.

Consider how many hundreds and hundreds of individuals with hair loss surf these communities every day yet very few join or participate because the majority wish to remain anonymous.

Gillenator

• Administrators
On 11/11/2021 at 5:45 AM, MBJ48 said:

Thanks everyone for your comments. I have spoken to Dr Dorin and having a back and forth email with Dr Bloxham. My biggest worry is the lack of reviews for either of them. I mean, regardless of what has been said about Dr Wise and Gartner (Nova), all their work is either shown on their website or on instagram. I can hardly find any before and after pictures from Dorin or Bloxham and lack of any media coverage has me concerned. We are in 2021, not the 90s, so I am surprised with that. 

Dr Dorin said I would be looking at about 1200 graphs on my virtual consultation and I am yet to heat back from Dr Bloxham. 

Dr. Bloxham has a big YouTube channel. Also, media coverage is nonsense. All the featured in “USA today” or stuff like that will not help results. Both of these doctors got some good reviews and results posted here. Just search their name in the search page.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks everyone. Dr Bloxham recommended FUT, whereas Dorin said FUE 1200 graphs. I think I'd prefer the FUE. Thoughts?

Additionally, I have been reading Dr Rahal (Toronto) is great, one of the best for hairlines and that is what I need (see pictures). Is Dorin on the same level as Rahal? I have been quoted in the region of $10k from Dorin.

Also, what hairs do they normal use in hair lines? I read singles should be used, but seeing some people say they had doubles and triples put in too. Would love some feedback. 

@gillenator @JC71@digi23

Thanks everyone!

Screen Shot 2021-11-13 at 2.31.14 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-13 at 2.31.23 PM.png

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MBJ48 said:

Thanks everyone. Dr Bloxham recommended FUT, whereas Dorin said FUE 1200 graphs. I think I'd prefer the FUE. Thoughts?

Additionally, I have been reading Dr Rahal (Toronto) is great, one of the best for hairlines and that is what I need (see pictures). Is Dorin on the same level as Rahal? I have been quoted in the region of $10k from Dorin.

Also, what hairs do they normal use in hair lines? I read singles should be used, but seeing some people say they had doubles and triples put in too. Would love some feedback. 

@gillenator @JC71@digi23

Thanks everyone!

Singles are used in the front line. You should search here on the forum for "Rahal" or "Dorin" and you will get alot of patient reviews. Dorin have a special way of making the hairlines really natural.

On 11/8/2021 at 8:04 AM, MBJ48 said:

Hello everyone.

has anyone had an FUE procedure with Dr Wise in Wayne, NJ or Dr Gartner in Paramus, NJ (NOVA)?

i am torn between the two, but both seem to be the best from my research.

any help/recommendations appreciated.

thank you!

Hey man -- here's someone on Reddit who received their transplant from Dr. Wise and had pretty stellar results.

I actually reached out to the poster on Reddit about his experience and he was nice enough to respond. Take a look!

Full disclosure, I ultimately ruled out Dr. Wise from my short list since I wasn't able to find many reviews, but mainly because the clinic doesn't seem to specialize in only hair transplants. They offer a ton of other procedures, which to me, is sort of a red flag...however that's just my opinion.

Edited by Balding Bad
  • Like 1

On 11/13/2021 at 2:33 PM, MBJ48 said:

@gillenator @JC71@digi23

Thanks everyone!

IMHO only singles should be used in the commencement of a hairline in the same manner that all native hairlines are established…and it’s not just proper graft selection, it’s how the hair aligns with proper angles, site selection along with minimally invasive instruments to accommodate the most natural, aesthetically pleasing result….that’s what Dr. Dorin consistently performs.

Gillenator

Would recommend Dr Konior based on your photos and personal experience.  1200 FUE looks about right.  Probably have to wait until 2023 though and circa $18G

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

• Administrators
36 minutes ago, 1978matt said:

Would recommend Dr Konior based on your photos and personal experience.  1200 FUE looks about right.  Probably have to wait until 2023 though and circa $18G

I believe there’s cancellation lists. Price may vary too depending on difficulty level.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Most clinics, if not all, have a standby list in the event of cancellations or patients that need to reschedule.

Gillenator

If you give them a standby deposit, that may help to show them that you are committed to doing a procedure.

Gillenator