1662 grafts hairline+temples, dr.Bruno Ferreira

Spaceguy

21 minutes ago, Min12 said:

How long did dr Ferreira say you have to wait until you can cut the transplanted hair?

Quoting: do not cut your hair for the first 15 days. Avoid cutting your hair in the recipient area with clippers during the first 5 months.

Aviod wearing a helmet, contact sports or underwater activities for 30 days. Avoid exposing transplanted area to the sun for 15 days and avoid transplanted area get sunburn for a year.

I'll cut my hair (sides and the back) after 30days and top of my head (especially transplanted/recipient area) with scissors for next 6 months.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Spaceguy said:

Quoting: do not cut your hair for the first 15 days. Avoid cutting your hair in the recipient area with clippers during the first 5 months.

Aviod wearing a helmet, contact sports or underwater activities for 30 days. Avoid exposing transplanted area to the sun for 15 days and avoid transplanted area get sunburn for a year.

I'll cut my hair (sides and the back) after 30days and top of my head (especially transplanted/recipient area) with scissors for next 6 months.

Thank for the reply! Was also wondering how long you’d have to wait to apply minoxidil and when can a cap be worn?

1 hour ago, Min12 said:

Thank for the reply! Was also wondering how long you’d have to wait to apply minoxidil and when can a cap be worn?

Cap after 3-5 days according to instructions.

I did wear it ona 4th and 5th day i think but only for a brief period and it wasn't touching my recipient area (important), simce grafts tend to be safe only after 10-14days.

So i would recommend not to wear cap for prolonged period of time to allow normal bloodflow across the scalp for better healing and most important not to touch recipient area by the cap.

Can't find minox use in post op instructions but i hear or read somewhere it is safe to use it 15 days post-op....i'll wait 20-30 days just in case.

My conclusion is to keep recipient area safe as posssible until it heals properly and than to use minoxidil, fibers and such!

38 minutes ago, Spaceguy said:

Cap after 3-5 days according to instructions.

I did wear it ona 4th and 5th day i think but only for a brief period and it wasn't touching my recipient area (important), simce grafts tend to be safe only after 10-14days.

So i would recommend not to wear cap for prolonged period of time to allow normal bloodflow across the scalp for better healing and most important not to touch recipient area by the cap.

Can't find minox use in post op instructions but i hear or read somewhere it is safe to use it 15 days post-op....i'll wait 20-30 days just in case.

My conclusion is to keep recipient area safe as posssible until it heals properly and than to use minoxidil, fibers and such!

You went through the airport and on the flights with your scalp and all that exposed? How was that?

2 hours ago, SD1984 said:

You went through the airport and on the flights with your scalp and all that exposed? How was that?

Yes and no, since it was my 5th day post op my donor area healed quite good and hair had some minor growth so donor area looked completley normal while recipient area was barely noticable from few meters onward but still from up close scrabs and redness were noticable, thing is aloe vera gel dr.Ferreira provides in goodie bag helps a lot hiding that redness and moisturise scalp and scrabs making it less noticable.

Still i weared a cap during checkout and flight while taking it off once i sat down and ordered coffe and some food....not much ppl around me so nobody noticed, once boarded flight i put on my cap.

In connecting flights in Munich and back at home it was already late so airport was mainly empty so i didn't wear a cap.

Just find a least crowded place at airport and relax!

On 11/16/2021 at 11:15 PM, Spaceguy said:

Yes and no, since it was my 5th day post op my donor area healed quite good and hair had some minor growth so donor area looked completley normal while recipient area was barely noticable from few meters onward but still from up close scrabs and redness were noticable, thing is aloe vera gel dr.Ferreira provides in goodie bag helps a lot hiding that redness and moisturise scalp and scrabs making it less noticable.

Still i weared a cap during checkout and flight while taking it off once i sat down and ordered coffe and some food....not much ppl around me so nobody noticed, once boarded flight i put on my cap.

In connecting flights in Munich and back at home it was already late so airport was mainly empty so i didn't wear a cap.

Just find a least crowded place at airport and relax!

What kind of hat was it? I would just be so nervous wearing anything on my head so close to post surgery...

1 hour ago, SD1984 said:

What kind of hat was it? I would just be so nervous wearing anything on my head so close to post surgery...

Just a regular baseball cap, keep in mind that i had small recipient area and only 1600 grafts so there was no danger nor i touched it im any moment.....head shape also is big factor, i can  wear a cap without cap fabric touching my top/scalp, it will lay on my head only touching sides!

If you are going for big graft numbers and area and have different head shape i understand your concerns......try to plan it good and only you know your situation and best for it, nothing else i can say!

On 11/19/2021 at 3:56 PM, Spaceguy said:

Day 15

Shedding is starting, found few hairs on my hamd palm. Next pics i'll post at one month mark.

20211119_155002.thumb.jpg.51f48837049f76f8a60048f7d4d21b5f.jpg20211119_154959.thumb.jpg.731bcb630e03b7cbbb72dca1d9ea17ce.jpg20211119_154956.thumb.jpg.e0249a9d513c6284dd890f1d1d498083.jpg

Looking good. A long way to go but the design is excellent! 

Thanks for sharing your experience 😉

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Ahmedelmahdy said:

Very nice .. thanks for sharing 

can i ask how much does the surgery cost ?

how many euros per graft ? Including accommodation?

3€ per graft...but if you go above 3000 or 4000 grafts price is 2.5€ if i remember right.....it may all depend on the case you are so i would suggest contacting clinic for details and consultation.

Accomodation i've found near the clinic (few minutes by walk) for ~30€ per night, i used booking.com, airbnb is also good. But Alexandra from the clinic will also offer you to find nearby accomodation.....i didn't want to bother her with that so i found it by myself.  Anyway make sure to have room with bathroom and fridge available (ypu'll need icepacks for swelling first couple of days).

Also airport is ~25 minutes from the Espinho, i used Uber and it cost me 15-20€.

I've also spent 20-40€ per day on restaurants, coffe bars and food delivery.

• Like 1

3 weeks

Last few days shedding is increasing, all the smaller hairs are falling down, long ones are still holding.

Long ones kept growing same as natural hair, in lenght....while shorther ones had some minor growth after HT and stopped growing at second week post op.

Now waiting for my original hair to grow and cover transplanter area as much is possible.

Redness is more obvious after applying aloe vera gel, after headwash redness is much less noticable.

I was curious how sheeding phase is progressing in general and to know what to expect so i decided to post pics until i shed all the transplanted hairs and ugly ducking phase become stable.

20211125_114546.thumb.jpg.ec1a3995a8c4b92b5337b0d0a152b95f.jpg20211125_114556.thumb.jpg.f5557b717d2a0a436b5c0e9f55fcc048.jpg

Edited by Spaceguy

Who cares what people will say, you wont see them again. I traveled with scrubs not wearing hats and sh1t. Actually its more fun cause some people said you had a HT and we started to talk. Why is people so shy, will you see them again or what. Gl and you will have a great result. Awesome work. 

Did he take 2.5 euro graft?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, _Hairman_ said:

Who cares what people will say, you wont see them again. I traveled with scrubs not wearing hats and sh1t. Actually its more fun cause some people said you had a HT and we started to talk. Why is people so shy, will you see them again or what. Gl and you will have a great result. Awesome work. 

Did he take 2.5 euro graft?

Thnx!

3€ per graft, only if going with larger graft numbers price goes down to 2.5€

Bald date 36, fugly duck's log:

Shedding is mostly over, one can estimate what will shed at one month post op, hairs that keep growing in size with natural hair holding tight while hairs that had temporary growth up to 5-6mm and stopped growing will/did fall off....so i'm basically over with shedding, pew percent left!

Now waiting for my non-transplanted hair to grow so i can cover up weird bald spots.

Fugly ducking x-mas is ahead of me, would be nice if i can lay in cryo-chamber and woke up 6 months from now.

I wish i've done this few years ago!

20211210_131048.thumb.jpg.3eb43926e3dd428c827cbaaeb062dedd.jpg20211210_131057.thumb.jpg.8f68ba1937ef9dd5896ea14af3ae7c43.jpg 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, day 54 post op and i'm noticig something unusual from what i've read on post op growth, not sure to be happy or concerned!

Some hairs continued to grow normally, other continued to grow having thin root and thick ends while some grow up to 1cm and falling out almost 2 months post op which i'm not sure what to think about it.

Now the good news is i noticed some new baby hairs sprouting from the areas that had shedded first, even that seems a bit too eary!

Anyhow seems my hair is going on unusual route!20211228_134514.thumb.jpg.1ae489ca7b223bd6e77ba3e5f8a1c9c5.jpg20211228_134509.thumb.jpg.ee93a398b341208b933849070cf91eb7.jpg20211228_134508.thumb.jpg.bc38ce66d0238cbb1ab24b1bfe2d2bef.jpg