Buzz cut post-transplant.

For years, I had kept my existing hair short as my way of dealing with hairloss. I love the buzz cut look and am fortunate to have the features to pull it off. 

In 2015, I underwent SMP to emulate the buzz cut look all over my scalp and not just in the back and sides where I still had hair. The first couple of pics show my results and it did not come out well at all. Really unnatural.

In fact, the entire purpose of having a HT after this SMP treatment was to disguise the semi-permanent erythema which had developed on the scalp. But since I have gotten so used to having my hair short, I wondered if there is still the possibility that the combo of my HT and a future SMP treatment could create a much more natural look. 

Of course, less than 3 weeks out from my 3500+ HT surgery with Eugenix, I decided to buzz cut my growth post-transplant to see if there is this possibility that the two treatments can provide the natural look of a buzz cut. Aside from the redness, I think that an SMP treatment (a minimum of one year from now) could really enhance the existing level of density from the HT

What are your thoughts?

IMG_2518.jpg

self2.png

Self 3.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kirkland said:

Aside from the redness, I think that an SMP treatment (a minimum of one year from now) could really enhance the existing level of density from the HT

Absolutely...I think it will enhance the illusion of density for sure. Take the following example recently posted by Dr. Laorwong. Finer haired OP is definitely benefitting from SMP on the recipient area. I think we will continue to see a lot more use of SMP in conjunction with HTs.

I agree that some SMP and HT could blend everything for a better overall effect. But I remember someone saying they got sunburned when their SMP was still in the healing phase and ending up getting permanent redness. Not sure if that was you, but if it wasn't you are you concerned about getting any additional permanent redness from more SMP? And do you plan on going to the same place for SMP or somewhere better?

40 minutes ago, SLA said:

I think we will continue to see a lot more use of SMP in conjunction with HTs.

I agree with this, from supporting longer styles as a permanent concealer to giving buzz or shaved length styles a 3D effect that looks more natural.

• Like 1

I think it’s wise to wait at least 12 months post-op for your procedure to fully mature and the redness dissipates before you do any more SMP.

Also, how much donor do you have left for potential touch-ups?

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY