Dr. Bicer - First Impressions?

First post for me! 

I've had the pleasure of attending Dr. Bicer's clinic today. However, I will save the full review and full progress updates for another time if there is a demand for such. 

As a Hair Transplant novice (name checks out), I wanted to post my post surgery photo and ask for everybody's opinions.

3100 grafts as I'm still younger than 30 and she wanted to protect my donor area. She opted for a 'slighty conservative hairline'; however, I think it's perfect for my facial features (which you cannot see, of course).

20211025_235011.jpg

20211025_221445.jpg

20211025_212851.jpg

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, HairTransplantNovice said:

First post for me! 

I've had the pleasure of attending Dr. Bicer's clinic today. However, I will save the full review and full progress updates for another time if there is a demand for such. 

As a Hair Transplant novice (name checks out), I wanted to post my post surgery photo and ask for everybody's opinions.

3100 grafts as I'm still younger than 30 and she wanted to protect my donor area. She opted for a 'slighty conservative hairline'; however, I think it's perfect for my facial features (which you cannot see, of course).

20211025_235011.jpg

20211025_221445.jpg

20211025_212851.jpg

There is always a demand for Dr Bicer reviews. 

Looks clean, do you have any photos pre transplant?

Here's a before photo, not the best quality but hopefully enough to get the idea. I would guess bordering Norwood 6. The transplant was 3100 graphs with the following plan:

1st session: Rebuild of the hairline and front part. Less than 3200 graphs to prevent damage to the donor area.

2nd session after a few years: Focus on the crown, add density where required, especially where the last of the native hairs have fallen out in the front section.

SmartSelect_20211026-013058_Gallery.jpg

• Administrators

I agree, I really like the hairline design. Can you talk about the process? Like a brief timeline of the surgery. Thanks for sharing your journey with us.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

9 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I agree, I really like the hairline design. Can you talk about the process? Like a brief timeline of the surgery. Thanks for sharing your journey with us.

I appreciate the kind comments as it's been a mentally exhausting day, as expected. 😂 I'm currently in recovery mode but I'll do a write up of the full experience tomorrow if I'm feeling up to it. If not, I'll get it done on Wednesday. 👍 All questions are welcome as this forum really helped me so I'd like to give something back 👍

• Like 3

• Administrators
44 minutes ago, HairTransplantNovice said:

I appreciate the kind comments as it's been a mentally exhausting day, as expected. 😂 I'm currently in recovery mode but I'll do a write up of the full experience tomorrow if I'm feeling up to it. If not, I'll get it done on Wednesday. 👍 All questions are welcome as this forum really helped me so I'd like to give something back 👍

Look forward to it man, rest up, keep those follicles nice and relaxed.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Day 1 update:

Today I went to Dr. Özlem's office to have the bandages removed and she checked out the progress of the recipient area and donor area. I also had a chat with her assistant, Özen, about aftercare washing etc.

Dr. Bicer also had a chat with me to manage my expectations about what the final results will be for my first session. As previously mentioned, she did state before the transplant that my hair was very thin. Along with the thin hair, I was only getting 3100 grafts to protect my donor area for the 2nd session. I think it was potentially due to my age that she felt the need to manage my expectations but I was fully aware that I'd need 2 sessions to see the final results. However, I appreciated that she took the time out to explain this all to me. She is a very amicable doctor and said I should keep in contact with her through the entire process, even past the 'final results' of the first transplant to monitor my progress in preparation for the 2nd session.

I've attached some photos of my post-op donor area which, unless I'm missing something, looks very neat and unintrusive. All comments and questions are welcome.

SmartSelect_20211026-202155_Gallery.jpg

SmartSelect_20211026-202133_Gallery.jpg

• Like 1

Day 2 update:

Just a few pieces of information to share about today. My donor area seemed to have some very mild bleeding and leaking in the night. I checked with Dr. Bicer to make sure this was normal and she assured me it was. After that, I got a flight back home and have experienced minor swelling on my forehead. After talking with the Dr, I guess it was from a long day of travelling and walking around rather than laying down flat and resting.

Tomorrow, I'll undertake my first wash with the provided lotion and shampoo. I've attached some updated photos of the donor area and the minor swelling.

SmartSelect_20211027-210807_Gallery.jpg

20211027_203358.jpg

20211027_203503.jpg

• Like 1

Day 5 update:

So far, so good, I hope. First washes went swimmingly and the recipient area seems to be scabbing well.

I've still got some swelling around the forehead area but that's to be expected.

I will write a full walk-through of how the procedure took place with Dr. Bicer but I'll write all that once I've passed this initial recovery period.

Thanks to this forum for the continued support. 🙌 

20211030_090534.jpg

2 minutes ago, Leo14 said:

@HairTransplantNovice Thanks for sharing the experience. Did you talk to the doctor regarding use of Finasteride? Did she suggest or if not how is she ensuring you don't continue losing the hair in donor area due to progression in Norwood level?

Hi, yes, I did speak to her about preventing the loss of the native hairs and she suggested Minoxidil 5% in my case. I am under the impression from my experience and others' experiences that Dr. Bicer considers each individual case and gives recommendations accordingly, rather than offering the same advice to everybody.

Day 7 update:

Not much has happened since my last update, the donor area is healing well and scabs are starting to come off. There is still a slight pain, almost like mild sunburn type feeling, but nothing uncomfortable. The recipient area is still healing and I can definitely see the hairs growing now! It will be sad when they shed but that's all part of the process. I've attached a macro shot of the growing hairs. 

During the recovery phase, Dr. Bicer has kindly called me a couple of times to ensure everything is on track and to answer my questions. She is definitely an ethical and caring doctor.

Screenshot_20211101-143657_Gallery.jpg

Day 9 update:

All the scabs are now gone from my donor area! I still have a slight bruising pain on parts of my donor area but it's getting better day by day. 

The hair on the recipient area feels very secure and I'm able to wash it a little more thoroughly. Hopefully, this will get the scabs off within the next week and I'll be on track for recovery.

SmartSelect_20211102-200303_Gallery.thumb.jpg.b9c5aa43915417ca2204b408ca067db4.jpg

SmartSelect_20211103-121954_WhatsApp.jpg

• Like 1

Day 11 update:

Recipient area scabs are now falling off with a little help during my daily washes! I think within the next 2/3 days, all of the scabs will be off and I'll begin the shedding phase. Dr. Bicer has kindly called me a couple of times to answer my questions. I feel like her patients are very important to her which is reassuring through the process.

IMG-20211105-WA0009.jpg

Edited by HairTransplantNovice
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Monero said:

Do you maybe remember how long you waited for HT? From time you got the date of procedure.

I was very lucky. I knew I wanted to have my operation with Dr. Bicer after months of research. I told her assistant that I was free at extremely short notice as I'm currently out of work due to the pandemic. Luckily, she had a cancellation and I was able to fly to Istanbul within a week. I've seen multiple people saying she's currently fully booked until March 2022 though.

Day 13 update: 

Well, it's getting exciting! After a call with Dr. Bicer, she suggested massaging the recipient area during the application of the lotion. Presto! All the scabs came off cleanly in the shower and now I have hair! 

The following months will be simply waiting for the hair to shed and applying minoxidil 5% foam. I'll start the minoxidil 1 month after surgery as suggested by Dr. Bicer. 

Thank you all for the support and messages you've sent. My inbox is always open to answer more questions. A full step by step procedure will shortly follow and a review of Dr. Bicer's practice so far. 

20211107_184309.thumb.jpg.dcee3bba0e920d24e58092b5f313ade8.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, HairTransplantNovice said:

Well, it's getting exciting! After a call with Dr. Bicer, she suggested massaging the recipient area during the application of the lotion. Presto! All the scabs came off cleanly in the shower and now I have hair!

Definetely you have hair now :)  , very clean sitatuon at your recipient area, and visible progreess ;)  . Now just leaves to wait and have patience in next months, sure when can, post here your progress, we'll be glad follow your journey ;)  with wishes to be results as you expect ;)  .