Side effects from Topical Dut 0.1% (from Fue Clinic)?

GrowNewHair

So I have been using topical dut from fue clinic since early June this year. I applied 1mL each time twice per week with topical minoxidil. For the past 3 months I haven't felt any sides; I haven't noticed any significant growth either. But in early September, I experimented with this new minoxidil that contains tretinoin. As you know tretinoin is known to help min to be absorbed more effectively into the scalp, hence improves the chance of hair regrowth. 

But my scalp being very sensitive, the skin started to peel off after several applications of min w/ tretinoin. As a result, my scalp would be red from the "wounds" caused by tretinoin. It would take several days for my scalp to heal completely. I should have waited until my scalp was fully healed before applying topical dut. But to my mistake, I applied topical dut (total 4 ~ 5 times) while my scalp was still fresh with wounds. And after that I began to feel aches in chest, sporadic tingling in nipples, tensions in seminal duct (not groin. had to google search as I wasn't sure the name of the area).

So I stopped topical dut & min w/ tretinoin altogether. And for little more than a month, (from mid September to now) I've been applying topical min only. 

I am thinking those sides were due to applying topical dut when my scalp still wasn't healed from the wounds (from tretinoin), causing dut to go systemic.

Or could it be that dut was slowly building up in my system and finally began to show the sides?

I've been taking DIM 400mg, Zinc 100mg and vitamin D3. The sides as of now, has gotten better. 

I am debating if I should go back using topical dut once all sides clear (and NO MORE min w/ tretinoin). Or I should micro dose topical fin instead?

I would need to include DHT blocker to my regime eventually.

Anyone with similar experience, feel free to chime in. 😉

Edited by GrowNewHair
spelling error

• Administrators

What kind of sides are you experiencing?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Grzegorz641 said:

YES low sex drive low erection i feel

no Good 

So I guess the topical dut is just as systemic?

I'm going back to topical fin. Are you going to continue to use topical dut?

Edited by GrowNewHair
forgot to add content

1 hour ago, HairRun said:

I've been hearing that topical dut may not cause side effects for individuals who do get sides from topical fin, but I don't think I've seen a solid case of this yet. 

That was what got me attracted to topical dut in the first place. I do believe that logic applies to some but I don't think it applies to all.

I'm currently micro dosing with topical fin (.05% MWF). No more topical dut!

• Valued Contributor

Have you tried micro dosing oral finasteride like say 0.5mg's Monday, Wednesday and Friday? This is my current medical treatment and after getting sides on finasteride at 1mg a day I have so far had no sides taking it this way. I have built Friday's dose up to 1mg and eventually I will build say Monday or Wednesday up to 1mg, etc. However I won't ever go back to taking it daily or above 1mg. All the best!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, GrowNewHair said:

That was what got me attracted to topical dut in the first place. I do believe that logic applies to some but I don't think it applies to all.

I'm currently micro dosing with topical fin (.05% MWF). No more topical dut!

Hi @GrowNewHair- From where do you get your topical finasteride of .05%? 

@Gatsbyadvice of beginning oral finasteride at a lower dose might be a good one to try. Studies show that efficacy at .5mg vs. 1mg might be negligible. 

Your sides with topical dut may very well have been due to the wounds.

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Have you tried micro dosing oral finasteride like say 0.5mg's Monday, Wednesday and Friday? This is my current medical treatment and after getting sides on finasteride at 1mg a day I have so far had no sides taking it this way. I have built Friday's dose up to 1mg and eventually I will build say Monday or Wednesday up to 1mg, etc. However I won't ever go back to taking it daily or above 1mg. All the best!

I think microdosing would be what I would do, even with the topical. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

10 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Have you tried micro dosing oral finasteride like say 0.5mg's Monday, Wednesday and Friday?

That is exactly what I'm doing, but with topical. 

And I too am going to up the dosage once my body gets use to it but certainly will not use it everyday.

4 hours ago, SLA said:

Your sides with topical dut may very well have been due to the wounds.

It may well be.

What I used was .1% dut not .01% mesotherapy. 

But I wasn't seeing much progress with dut whereas with fin, I did see improvements in relatively short period of time.

• Like 1