Poor customer service

I was really interested in booking my operation with dr Patrick Mwamba and have scheduled an online consultation with the doctor. At the time of the consultation the doctor did not attend the meeting. Also, no one replied to my further mails and questions. 

Has any of you faced similar situations? Looks some clinics do not have the best customer service. Any good clinic alternatives not too far away from central Europe?

It happens.  What if the doctor was in surgery? I do agree, someone from the office should have called to either explain or reschedule. 

I am curious to learn, why did you pick this particular doctor? Was it because he is near to you? Often it is the convenience that drives patients.

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

Perhaps there was some circumstance that came up however every clinic needs to have someone who oversees the overall functions of the office.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

I think dr Mwamba can deliver great resluts plus he is not too far away from Poland. I understand there might have been some unexpected circumstances, but they did not answer any of my (polite) mails afterwards.

Not a good sign, where is the patient coordinator or who is in the front office?

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, kapiper said:

I was really interested in booking my operation with dr Patrick Mwamba and have scheduled an online consultation with the doctor. At the time of the consultation the doctor did not attend the meeting. Also, no one replied to my further mails and questions. 

Has any of you faced similar situations? Looks some clinics do not have the best customer service. Any good clinic alternatives not too far away from central Europe?

I’ve heard nothing but good things about Dr. Mwamba, although every clinic has their off days. Are you scheduled in the Belgium office? 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

No going to say which, but I had a HT at a top level clinic, with a very long waiting list.  It was very slow to get answers to questions and the customer service was lacking.

That said, after booking surgery and paying deposit, all of a sudden they were much more attentive.  And the surgery went great.

I think some of the top places simply get too many people contacting them to give everyone the proper attention they deserve.

But, I’d only tolerate this from a very well established clinic, and it is, when looked at in isolation, a red flag for sure. 

Check out my journey here:

It's definitely not ideal, and first impressions are very important. As Melvin said, every clinic (or person, business, etc.) in the world can have off days, so I wouldn't let this be a complete deterrent if you feel good about everything else with them. So while it's not something I'd consider a "red flag to make you run for the hills", it is something to keep in mind and ultimately trust your gut with. I always say that there's no "one size fits all" surgeon out there, so perhaps this is life's way of gently steering you in another direction if you don't feel good about it? Or perhaps you can reach back out to them and explain your concerns, and they may just step up to the plate and turn it all around for you. I hope you get it sorted - and whoever you choose, I hope they end up giving you the type of customer service that really puts you at ease. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Dr. Mwanba is indeed an extremely skilled surgeon and trained under one of the best FUE surgeons in the world…I worked with him while he was training and he also assisted in my 3rd procedure in 2002…he also is highly ethical.

So even though there are some blips in the front office, just know he is top notch surgeon.

• Like 2

Gillenator

5 hours ago, gillenator said:

Dr. Mwanba is indeed an extremely skilled surgeon and trained under one of the best FUE surgeons in the world…I worked with him while he was training and he also assisted in my 3rd procedure in 2002…he also is highly ethical.

So even though there are some blips in the front office, just know he is top notch surgeon.

Are you allowed to say the name of the surgeon he trained with? Does their bane rhyme with mole? 😉

Would you guys still pull the trigger and sign for the operation without contacting the dr in person first? They say I'm 'excellent' FUE candidate after seeing my photos. They have empty slots for November 1st and 3rd, hopefully no lockdown by this time :D

3 hours ago, kapiper said:

Would you guys still pull the trigger and sign for the operation without contacting the dr in person first? They say I'm 'excellent' FUE candidate after seeing my photos. They have empty slots for November 1st and 3rd, hopefully no lockdown by this time :D

I personally did.  But that’s because the waiting line just for a consultation was very long.

I actually think the low quality clinics tend to have better quality customer service.  They can’t run off of word of mouth, so their first impression is so much more important.

Check out my journey here:

15 hours ago, 5BetaReductase said:

Are you allowed to say the name of the surgeon he trained with? Does their bane rhyme with mole? 😉

Yes it does rhyme with mole…😉

Gillenator