My FUE after 24 days... Donor Area doesn't look good!

Hello everyone,

i had my FUE 24 days ago, 3,300 grafts, i knew from the beginning that my donor area wasn't that dense. anyway, the first pic was taken in operation day before shaving, the second one 5 days post op, the other 2 are after 24 days. I am concerned about the donor area. in the first 5 days it looked better because hair were still short but by time these scars get clearer. is this going to be covered by time when hair regrow or i am stuck (BTW, i had crown transplant and increased the density in the front

66beb761-115d-44ba-81bf-373b4091519e.jpg

e23c5bea-f8a3-4c80-ac2b-a4ac8939e0d7.jpg

42df24a0-292b-4e36-899c-a490b15ac06e.jpg

47699e81-8170-4b5d-b7f2-c4211df03fa0.jpg

• Valued Contributor

Probably a bit too early to say for sure but some of those larger patches do look over harvested. 

Which clinic did you go to? And do you have pictures showing all of the head (front back & sides) both pre & post op?

• Moderators

You probably have some shock loss. If so, then it will improve over the next few months. How much it improves you won't know until the time passes and you can see what it looks like. Right now you are less than one month out, so you just have to wait it out and hope for the best.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

There’s really no sense in beating around the bush here - this is very poor work. I know it’s not what you want to hear but it’s what you need to hear. Some of your post op pics make your donor look like hamburger meat and almost like burn scarring. On top of that the placement of the grafts and the density isn’t very good, especially the frontal third. I do believe some of the bigger patches are just shock loss that should regrow, but this workmanship is so poor that it’s hard to say. Again, I’m not trying to be mean here or discourage you, I just believe in telling the truth  

After you hit a year post op, I’d consider doing SMP on the donor area (and possibly the recipient area too) to help fix it. 

• Like 1

Yup, could be overharvested, shock loss, or both.  Hang in there.  Things will improve just because of the healing process, but be realistic about how this HT will turn out.  

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

3.3k grafts over such a vast area isn’t going to make any real difference. And it has to be said this is very poor work. The planning/design/placement isn’t good at all. Looks like a combo of over harvesting and shock loss. So it will improve hopefully in a few months time. So sorry to have to mention this but sometimes we have to call out poor work. It’s possible that other ethical clinics would have said your not a ideal patient. What this clinic has done is possibly put you in worse situation then when you started. If that’s a popular clinic then it’s really sad to see they are getting away with this kind of work. 
Someone like Eugenix would be a much better choice moving forward if you needed a repair and could use your beard grafts. Looks like it’s a good source.

• Like 1

I’m rooting for you brother. I’m not as knowledgeable as the others that have already commented above, but I know how disheartening and life altering it can be in the first few months post op when you think things aren’t going well.

I hope you’re experiencing a touch of shock loss rather than a case of over harvesting. 

Let things grow and fade out the lower areas at a lower guard, you’ll instantly feel a little better. I would recommend getting in touch with Eugenix (as others have mentioned). They deliver miracles for people with tough situations.

Hang in there man. This too shall pass.

Edited by track_rat
  • Like 1

How are you doing man? Was thinking about you today.

Wanted to remind you that you look like you have an excellent beard and your back hair is out of control lol (in a good way). All that to say that you have other reserves to restore your donor and do other creative things with your head. 

Please stay positive and check in here from time to time. All the best brother.

Oh one more thing. I think the salt and pepper thing may be in your favor for anything restorative that you do. In my research for beard and body hair transplanted on scalp, it blends amazingly well for the salt and pepper folks. You have a ton of chest and body hair that would blend well all over. 

Edited by track_rat

• Valued Contributor

Really at this stage don't be hard on yourself. Allow your scalp to get over the surgery and shock loss, etc. It takes a huge amount of patience. I believe that the shock loss will improve and let's see how those grafts look once they have grown out. As John has mentioned you will probably want a repair in the future. If you do I strongly recommend you wait at least 12 months before doing so. You want the scars to stabilize and to get to see the full effects from this surgery. All the best.

2 hours ago, track_rat said:

How are you doing man? Was thinking about you today.

Wanted to remind you that you look like you have an excellent beard and your back hair is out of control lol (in a good way). All that to say that you have other reserves to restore your donor and do other creative things with your head. 

Please stay positive and check in here from time to time. All the best brother.

Thanks man for lifting up my spirit, that's very thoughtful of you.

17 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

Really at this stage don't be hard on yourself. Allow your scalp to get over the surgery and shock loss, etc. It takes a huge amount of patience. I believe that the shock loss will improve and let's see how those grafts look once they have grown out. As John has mentioned you will probably want a repair in the future. If you do I strongly recommend you wait at least 12 months before doing so. You want the scars to stabilize and to get to see the full effects from this surgery. All the best.

Thanks Gatsby, all I have is patience now.

• Like 1

well. Holding up yet anxious. before the HT I was worrying about the receiving area and the results...etc., now my concern is the donor area what you already had, it is really frustrating when you decide to make such painful leap to improve your look than you later want to go back on time and not doing it . anyway, decided to give it sometime a month or so, maybe things get better. thanks guys for your support.

• Like 1

Who performed HT, doctor or technicians, if doctor, what part doctor, what technicians? Saw on their web more doctors, seems they are clinic more similar to hair mill TR, even they added info since 1993 they are in this area, but probably not main dr. Bizrah does HT...

Below power of Photoshop :)  about density on photos,

lS57pxT.jpg

this photo on their website home page, and same guy YT vide below posted by them,

on YT is clear visible, how poor densite in front area...

Wish you fast recovery and to be at least solid results! Be patient, don't think bad much about it, there is even more bad things in our lifes, and always there is option to fix by proven clinics-doctors, but too early to judge, let time say, and try find more patience and peace, as spending much nervs will not help aynthing, not to recovering, not to have better results, think positive and be strong ;) .

19 hours ago, blackislback said:

Who performed HT, doctor or technicians, if doctor, what part doctor, what technicians? Saw on their web more doctors, seems they are clinic more similar to hair mill TR, even they added info since 1993 they are in this area, but probably not main dr. Bizrah does HT...

Below power of Photoshop :)  about density on photos,

lS57pxT.jpg

this photo on their website home page, and same guy YT vide below posted by them,

on YT is clear visible, how poor densite in front area...

Wish you fast recovery and to be at least solid results! Be patient, don't think bad much about it, there is even more bad things in our lifes, and always there is option to fix by proven clinics-doctors, but too early to judge, let time say, and try find more patience and peace, as spending much nervs will not help aynthing, not to recovering, not to have better results, think positive and be strong ;) .

The issue that the options here in Dubai are very limited and commercial so I had no choice but to go to the best here as I didn't want to travel for close follow up afterwards (maybe I was wrong), not to deny the fact that they are very good when it come to marketing.

you are correct, 85% of the HT has been done by technicians but when you under the knife it is too late to debate or argue.

my least concern now is density, my expectation became very minimal 😞. let us hope for the best 🤞🏻 thanks man

• Moderators
21 hours ago, blackislback said:

this photo on their website home page, and same guy YT vide below posted by them

Wow. Why would they even want to post that video. His hair looks terrible. How can he honestly say he is happy with that result?

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

3 hours ago, Atala said:

The issue that the options here in Dubai are very limited and commercial so I had no choice but to go to the best here as I didn't want to travel for close follow up afterwards (maybe I was wrong), not to deny the fact that they are very good when it come to marketing.

you are correct, 85% of the HT has been done by technicians but when you under the knife it is too late to debate or argue.

my least concern now is density, my expectation became very minimal 😞. let us hope for the best 🤞🏻 thanks man

Absolutely understand you, you tried find best in your country... Yes, mos of people are concerned about traveling to some far countries, in my case similary, for ex. Eugenix - India, i know many will not agree that long distance must not be issue, but when i think about it, 20-30h trip in 1 direction, 1 stop, sleep in IStanbul or Dubai, cause of bad flight connections, and 10h return, with such head after surgery, where i can't know will be all top and will be myself in good condition, then rather choose clinics where max 3-4h flight 1x direction, entire Europe or Turkey, but i respect people who have patience and strenght take trip 20-30h 1x direction + 1 retrun 10h, in such state... But there is some people who are 1-2 days after HT in top condition, and long trips not big deal for them, but we are not all same, and nobody of us know what will happen after HT those 1-2 days, i mean will feel ok or not, and enough strenght or not...

Supposed that unfortunately 85% HT has been done by technicians :( ... Yes, agree, when you are on table, chair, it's late ask about those things, but we need ask earlier and ask for guarantee that doctor will do 85% and rest less difficult things like counting and part of implanting technicians, and if see at beginning oposite, just  stop surgery, and request doctor.

Wasn't intention my posting about density, just wanted to show what kind clinic is there, if result of guy from homepage photo vs same guy on their YT video, it's very bad done, and that's usual results when technicians perform main part of HT or not so skilled doctors and more actors than doctors such clinics. As they are experts only in marketing, and nothing more, to sell false hopes, results, these even didnt know sell this by postin this YT vs photo, no one will visit if check that video :) .

Wish you honestly to be all in good order, and good recovery, results, update your thread if can, at least monthly that other can follow it to.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BeHappy said:

Wow. Why would they even want to post that video. His hair looks terrible. How can he honestly say he is happy with that result?

That's called anti-marketing :), probably give him solid discount to say all best about them and results or whatever in that direction, otherwise no logic this guy say that happy with results...

• Like 1