29 M wondering if it’s too late? Open any recommendations.

Hisham

Are you on Fin/Minox ? Yes you have decent clinics in your area, but to be honest someone like Eugenix (India) would suit your needs better.

They are particularly good at higher Norwoods such as yourself. 

Edited by JohnAC71
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JohnAC71 said:

How old are you ? And are you on Fin/Minox ? Yes you have decent clinics in your area, but to be honest someone like Eugenix (India) would suit your needs better.

They are particularly good at higher Norwoods such as yourself. 

29 , have been on fin and min for 6 months. I very well understand that 6 months do nothing. I’ve looked into Eugenix , do you have any recommendations here in Chicago as well?

Appreciate your response 

1 minute ago, Hisham said:

Thank you. How many grafts do you think I might need? Wild guess

Anywhere between 5k to 6k for coverage would be needed. How is your beard ? Your going to have to consider if you want to maximise your donor area then FUT could be considered. Or if you happen to choose somewhere like Eugenix then it would be a combo of FUE and Beard grafts. If your willing to travel then Dr Bisanga is another good option with higher Norwoods. They do some excellent combo hts ! FUT/FUE
I can PM you also 👍🏽

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

Anywhere between 5k to 6k for coverage would be needed. How is your beard ? Your going to have to consider if you want to maximise your donor area then FUT could be considered. Or if you happen to choose somewhere like Eugenix then it would be a combo of FUE and Beard grafts. If your willing to travel then Dr Bisanga is another good option with higher Norwoods. They do some excellent combo hts ! FUT/FUE
I can PM you also 👍🏽

I have a decently dense beard I would say. So in my condition an FUE with beard would be good? I am not so sure about a scar FUT might leave

When I say those kind of figures needed then a 2 stage transplant may be the best approach. Unless you could consider a larger FUT like H&W and Hattingen excel in.. If your donor allows then you could get a good number of grafts. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

I can PM you also 👍🏽

Also I couldn’t find any transplants done around my Norwood scale. I’m fairly new to the forum. Was just wondering what I could expect if I got one.

2 minutes ago, Hisham said:

I have a decently dense beard I would say. So in my condition an FUE with beard would be good? I am not so sure about a scar FUT might leave

Someone like H&W and Hattingen are able to do amazing FUT work, and mostly leave pencil thin scars. But of course it’s always a risk and never guaranteed that’s how it will end up. 
But yes Eugenix and also someone like Dr Zarev get good numbers from just FUE. And Eugenix are masters of using Beard grafts. I believe they are worth consulting.

3 minutes ago, Hisham said:

Also I couldn’t find any transplants done around my Norwood scale. I’m fairly new to the forum. Was just wondering what I could expect if I got one.

Without seeing your donor you appear to be Norwood 6. Maybe going toward 7 but it’s difficult to fell from your pics. 
Put Norwood 6 in the search bar, and also maybe Eugenix as they are mostly higher Norwood level results. 

The realistic plan if your donor allows would be coverage up front going to less in the mid and crown. It is possible but your going to have to be realistic in your goals. If you can please show us a pic of your donor area. Thanks 🙏 

2 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

Without seeing your donor you appear to be Norwood 6. Maybe going toward 7 but it’s difficult to fell from your pics. 
Put Norwood 6 in the search bar, and also maybe Eugenix as they are mostly higher Norwood level results. 

Appreciate your help.

• Like 1

Just now, JohnAC71 said:

The realistic plan if your donor allows would be coverage up front going to less in the mid and crown. It is possible but your going to have to be realistic in your goals. If you can please show us a pic of your donor area. Thanks 🙏 

I understand what you mean and I appreciate your guidance. Yes that is what i am aiming at. I have thin hair and the best cut right now. Hope this helps.

image.jpg

7 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:
2 minutes ago, Hisham said:

I understand what you mean and I appreciate your guidance. Yes that is what i am aiming at. I have thin hair and the best cut right now. Hope this helps.

image.jpg

Not the best cut*

I could be wrong but you may have the dipping in your crown that’s associated with a future Norwood 7. However your now on meds and maybe you can get a good response IE maintain your current hair. Definitely worth getting some consultations done. And if you can travel then I think your options are going to be better. Eugenix, Bisanga, HDC @Doron Harati, Hattingen, Zarev and Vertex @DrTBarghouthi are just some examples of Clinics who are doing good work with the higher levels. 

• Like 1

In Chicago you have some great options, including @Dr. Raymond Konior. I know Dr. Konior has worked on some high Norwood cases 

Edited by Dr. Suhail Khokhar
  • Like 2

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

3 hours ago, Hisham said:

29 , have been on fin and min for 6 months. I very well understand that 6 months do nothing. I’ve looked into Eugenix , do you have any recommendations here in Chicago as well?

Appreciate your response 

Chicago Hair Institiue.. dr konior is probably one of the best in the business (although when I communicated with him 1 week back, he was booking for Jan 2023)...or even Dr Nadimi in the same clinic is great.. while its true that you may/can leverage beard hair, it all depends on the route you choose.

If you decide to address this (as much as possible) in one shot, then you can explore doing a mega FUT session (h&w, hattingen). Or if you dont prefer FUT, then a FUE+bht (eugenix, Bisanga, HLC, Bicer,)

If you choose to do it in multiple stages (my recommendation) then you can do just a scalp FUE/FUT in your 1st HT (which gives you the highest options of doctors for ur 1st HT) and then depending on its success, proceed with a 2nd HT in 10 to 12 months (perhaps this time going with a dr that is good with BHT)

Best of luck

For 29 years old your hairloss is very advanced, the donor looks good now from the back, but you estimation if you'll go through NW7, you'll definitely need 2-3 procedures year after year (9 months to be precise).

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

I'm sure there are good surgeons in your area such as the ones mentioned in the other posts, but with the cost of transplants, don't hesitate to travel somewhere else to get it done.  An extra $400 isn't much to add to the cost.  I traveled from Kentucky to South Carolina.  I think Dr. Vories rates are still around $4-5 per graft.  I would only assume the cost is much greater in the Chicago area.  I had over 7,000 grafts transplanted about 9 years ago.  Dr. Vories does all the extractions and insertions himself.  Best of luck to you, I'm sure you'll make a decision your comfortable with.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.