2000 grafts - Dr. Keser Ankara, Turkey

freddo1

Hi all, I am sharing my personal experience and results for the benefit of others. I had 2000 grafts surgery with Dr Muttalip Keser in Turkey last week. There are not many results or experiences found on the english forums about Dr. Keser's surgeries so I hope this post will be beneficial for the ones who are interested or considering him for surgery. My surgery was 2000 grafts and lasted three days with around four hours spent each day by the doctor. He himself performed almost all aspects of the surgery. On fourth day, they did the wash and a final consultation with the doctor.

I am satisfied with the experience so far. Its 3.5 euro per graft which is probably the most expensive of the fees charged by any surgeons in Turkey. But in my opinion, the fees is well deserved because the doctor himself is involved in all aspects of the surgery. In fact not just the surgery, he was involved in almost everything, even applying/ removing bandage daily after the surgery(even though the nurses were there). I think the time spent by a surgeon of his experience is quite appreciable and the fees is well worth it.

The clinic was nice and clean, although it wasn't a very new and high end tech clinics like I have seen in some of the videos of few other turkish clinics. The staff was really nice and helpful throughout as well as the Doctor. But none of the clinical staff including Dr. Keser speaks English. There was an interpreter who was always there and he was very supportive as well. They do not have well organized customer service unfortunately and there were few bumps here and there since the first contact I made with the clinic on email( actually no one responded to that email :) ), but once I reached Turkey, it was quite smooth afterwards. To me, its the result that matters the most, every other thing I would consider minor. And the other important thing would be any post-op support, if required, then how the clinic responds. Lets see how these things turn up. I am posting pre and post pics below and will be updating the progress in coming days. 

If anyone has got any questions please feel free to reach out, I will answer as well as I could.

Edited by freddo1

BTW I read somewhere on this forum that Dr Keser does not use microscope. In my surgery he was always wearing microscope( at least whenever I saw his face). Again its not a big deal for me, results are. but just mentioning for other's knowledge.

Donor looks great, and work looks pristine. 

In regards to the microscope, I think you're probably referring to him wearing a pair of loupes. By microscope, people mean checking the grafts under an actual microscope like you would find in a science lab. Here, the techs can see any damaged or transected follicles, and most importantly, are able to sort out the grafts by number of FU's (so, one haired grafts, two haired grafts, three haired and so on). It's not always easy to see whether a graft has just the one hair or multiple hairs in it with the naked eye alone, and as a result you can end up with doubles in the hairline etc.

Regardless though Keser is a top notch surgeon and I wouldn't worry about it at all.

Edited by JDEE0
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Pephair said:

Do you know what punch he used on the donor? It looks incredible for immediate postop. The hairline also looks clean.

I have a feeling this is gonna be a home run.

He uses manual punch. I am not sure which one he used on my donor but i read somewhere on his website that he has got needles ranging from 0.7 to 0.9 mm. Actually the donor area on the right in above pic was used on the first day of the surgery thats why it has more hair grown and less visible punches, while the pictures were taken after the third day of surgery 

Wow! You have a transplant surgeon's dream donor area! Look at that density! I can see the HLC influence in his hairline design. I love it.

You say he did the implantation, too? I thought he did stick and place, where he makes the incision and a technician immediately implants the graft, back to back. Or does he now do pre-made incisions, then follows up with graft implantation?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor

You are a great candidate and your donor has been managed extremely well. Can I ask why the surgeon chose three days to do 2,000 grafts? Is it because he literally does everything (with no tech involvement)? Thanks for sharing and I look forward to your updates! All the best.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MachoVato said:

Wow! You have a transplant surgeon's dream donor area! Look at that density! I can see the HLC influence in his hairline design. I love it.

You say he did the implantation, too? I thought he did stick and place, where he makes the incision and a technician immediately implants the graft, back to back. Or does he now do pre-made incisions, then follows up with graft implantation?

No they were done at the same time. If that is called the Stick and Place technique then yes it was. Sorry I am not much knowledgeable in this transplantation science. I have edited the first post so that people don't get misinformation. Thanks for the correction.  

4 hours ago, Gatsby said:

You are a great candidate and your donor has been managed extremely well. Can I ask why the surgeon chose three days to do 2,000 grafts? Is it because he literally does everything (with no tech involvement)? Thanks for sharing and I look forward to your updates! All the best.

I didn't ask this question to the doctor so I can't comment. Personally, it didn't matter to me because I was on holidays :) so I didn't mind adding couple of days extra to the holidays if they can be of any good    

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
38 minutes ago, freddo1 said:

I didn't ask this question to the doctor so I can't comment. Personally, it didn't matter to me because I was on holidays :) so I didn't mind adding couple of days extra to the holidays if they can be of any good    

I have just reread your post and it has answered my question. Great results and thank you for sharing. I look forward to following your updates! All the best!

• Like 1

Everybody in Derma-Plast Clinic and Dr.Keser thank freddo1 very much for having preferred Dr.Keser for his hair transplant. We also thank him for posting his hair transplant experience on https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com. Posts like this one are very important for Dr.Keser and all of us. 

We wish him all the best and excellent results for his transplant. We and Dr.Keser are certain that his transplant will satisfy all his expectations.

freddo1 mentions on a later comment: 'BTW I read somewhere on this forum that Dr Keser does not use microscope. In my surgery he was always wearing microscope ( at least whenever I saw his face). Again its not a big deal for me, results are. but just mentioning for other's knowledge.'

Dr.Keser uses a surgical loop (or loupe), which is eyewear, and not a microscope, which is a large piece of equipment, that generally rests on a table. Microscopes are used by surgeons that operate FUT technique, so they can slice the grafts under the microscope, and this is done after the donor strip has been removed from the patient's scalp. 
All FUE technique surgeons use a surgical loop and not microscopes. 

Dr. Keser always uses the manual punch method, extracting the grafts from the donor area and implanting them in the recipient area himself, without using technicians. Technicians do not perform these delicate and complex procedures, which are vital for a top quality transplant. That’s the main reason he transplants approx 500-700 grafts a day. 

Dr. Keser has been performing FUE hair transplantation surgeries since 2003, having treated more than 2000 patients, with excellent results and complete satisfaction from his patients. Other top clinics have been greatly influenced from Dr. Keser’s work.

clinic-10-zpspslca9ww.jpg

Above is Dr.Keser performing a hair transplant on one of his patients using a surgical loupe

champu1.png

graft-mc.jpg

Removing grafts from a strip using a microscope

Enrique Gonzalez
Dr. Keser's Representative
Derma-Plast clinic, Ankara, Turkey

Enrique Gonzalez

Dr. Keser adviser for Europe and Latin America

1 hour ago, Derma-Plast said:

Everybody in Derma-Plast Clinic and Dr.Keser thank freddo1 very much for having preferred Dr.Keser for his hair transplant. We also thank him for posting his hair transplant experience on https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com. Posts like this one are very important for Dr.Keser and all of us. 

We wish him all the best and excellent results for his transplant. We and Dr.Keser are certain that his transplant will satisfy all his expectations.

freddo1 mentions on a later comment: 'BTW I read somewhere on this forum that Dr Keser does not use microscope. In my surgery he was always wearing microscope ( at least whenever I saw his face). Again its not a big deal for me, results are. but just mentioning for other's knowledge.'

Dr.Keser uses a surgical loop (or loupe), which is eyewear, and not a microscope, which is a large piece of equipment, that generally rests on a table. Microscopes are used by surgeons that operate FUT technique, so they can slice the grafts under the microscope, and this is done after the donor strip has been removed from the patient's scalp. 
All FUE technique surgeons use a surgical loop and not microscopes. 

Dr. Keser always uses the manual punch method, extracting the grafts from the donor area and implanting them in the recipient area himself, without using technicians. Technicians do not perform these delicate and complex procedures, which are vital for a top quality transplant. That’s the main reason he transplants approx 500-700 grafts a day. 

Dr. Keser has been performing FUE hair transplantation surgeries since 2003, having treated more than 2000 patients, with excellent results and complete satisfaction from his patients. Other top clinics have been greatly influenced from Dr. Keser’s work.

clinic-10-zpspslca9ww.jpg

Above is Dr.Keser performing a hair transplant on one of his patients using a surgical loupe

champu1.png

graft-mc.jpg

Removing grafts from a strip using a microscope

Enrique Gonzalez
Dr. Keser's Representative
Derma-Plast clinic, Ankara, Turkey

Nothing against Dr. Keser with this reply back to you (he's a great surgeon), but just for the sake of correct information being given, microscopes aren't used only for FUT graft slicing/dissection, that is not true.

Lot's of FUE only surgeons (well, their technicians) pass the grafts under a microscope so to speak when sorting after extraction to ensure that they are indeed looking at a one, two, three or four haired FU and also to check under high magnification that there is no damage before placing.

Of course, all do use loupes also (well, you would hope so), but this is when dealing with the patients scalp for extraction/implantation and they serve a separate purpose than the use of a microscope does; to see in detail what they're doing (i.e. for the surgeon to accurately be able to see where they're incising, placing, and overall making sure they don't transect the targeted or surrounding follicles) during these stages essentially. 

Edited by JDEE0
  • Like 1

The comment posted referred to the transplantation procedure, extracting, implanting, where surgical loupes are used. FUE surgeons use these loupes for this procedure.  The correction was due because the patient commented Dr.Keser was always wearing a microscope whenever he saw his face, which was incorrect.

Certainly, many FUE surgeons examine the grafts extracted for damage and number of hairs, before implantation. 

Enrique Gonzalez

Dr. Keser adviser for Europe and Latin America

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Freddo1, 

Thanks for sharing your experience on this forum, it is so rare to find recent posts about Dr. Mutallip Keser's work! I'm interested in undergoing a hairtransplant procedure with him. Went to Ankara, to meet him personally on the 21st of September and he quoted me between 1500 and 2000 grafts to redefine my hairline. 

Would you mind sharing a picture of your hairline prior to the procedure? 

Regards

Edit: I mean without it being buzzed to a 0 - 1 guard. 

Edited by OSCLK

Looks great so far, I spent ages researching this couple years back and Kesser was my top choice, natural dense hairlines with least number of grafts. 

Im struggling to find his website again, could you point me in right direction please? 

Thank you 

On 10/29/2021 at 5:47 PM, OSCLK said:

Hello Freddo1, 

Thanks for sharing your experience on this forum, it is so rare to find recent posts about Dr. Mutallip Keser's work! I'm interested in undergoing a hairtransplant procedure with him. Went to Ankara, to meet him personally on the 21st of September and he quoted me between 1500 and 2000 grafts to redefine my hairline. 

Would you mind sharing a picture of your hairline prior to the procedure? 

Regards

Edit: I mean without it being buzzed to a 0 - 1 guard. 

I have PMed you

On 11/2/2021 at 12:41 AM, Mt313 said:

Looks great so far, I spent ages researching this couple years back and Kesser was my top choice, natural dense hairlines with least number of grafts. 

Im struggling to find his website again, could you point me in right direction please? 

Thank you 

i found their contact details from drkeser.com. i ended up calling the clinic's landline in turkey when i didnt get response to my email. But i guess the easiest way is to contact on one of the whatsapp numbers on their contact's page. I think the one next to the British flag is meant for the English correspondence. I was in touch with them through the same whatsapp number.

Edited by freddo1