Fixing the 'C' shape in receded temples

This result below got me thinking about the temples as it is something I want to address. I had a great result with a mature hairline but want to fill in the space that the recession caused in the temples.

How many grafts would it take to fill in the 'C' shape on the temple areas that forms after you recede pretty badly? The space in between a mature conservative hairline and the sides.......sort of connecting it all back up. I've realised that I don't need my hairline lowered, but connecting the side to the top would give me the effect I want.

The result below is close to what I mean. It has a vertical line of grafts on each side that fills in the C.

I hope I'm making sense...

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

This is somewhat confusing.  And unfortunately the photo is blocked by the borders of the window.  If you go to the Norwood chart, go to class 5 and, with a pencil, draw in the hair as the the photo shows.  If the photo you posted is representative of your current status, you are thinning the entire front and not just the temporal areas.  Hopefully you are doing some type of medical therapy as you have a significant amount of native hair.  2000-2500? Consult with a a few doctors and see what they tell you.

• Like 1

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

Thanks everyone. Have checked out the links some of you gave - very helpful. I don't think it's right for me to get that triangle peak rebuilt but hopefully a small tweak can be made when I get my crown fixed.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

On 9/1/2021 at 5:11 PM, 1978matt said:

This is great, thanks. You were right, I was asking about the frontal temporal angle...the post op picture on slide 1 has the straight vertical of grafts that I was talking about.