What do you think of Dr Koray erdogan (Asmed) ?

Hello, My name is Max, I am French, I live in Paris. I am 36 years old and I have been losing my hair for 6 years, I am registered on a French forum which talks about the transplant but which removes all the bad results in order to protect the doctors, in France and particularly on the French forum, all the world worships Doctor Asmed Erdogan, since there was a spectacular result on his part, everyone wants to be operated on at home, but I have strong doubts about this result, even you, you have never seen this result, this person leaves from norwood 5-6 to 0 I put the link to you (no registration required to see).

this is a really incredible result that no one has ever had, I really have a doubt

Thank you

• chevelu75 changed the title to What do you think of Dr Koray erdogan (Asmed) ?

Most forums, especially European ones protect surgeons / clinics by deleting threads of disgruntled patients, because clinics / surgeons pay a lot of money for it, the administrators of these forums say that these surgeons / clinics pay only a small fee to publish their jobs, but I believe instead that they pay a lot of money, because otherwise such a defense against these clinics / surgeons cannot be explained.  Even on the Italian forums, Asmed is untouchable, if you do you are blocked.  Asmed in my opinion is a "very good" hair mill, and like all hair mills it has good results, but also bad results, so even going to Asmed, you would play Russian roulette, except if you choose the package where Koray does everything the procedure.  On this forum you will find many good results of his and also bad ones, and of the latter, Asmed has never intervened to help the patient, while for the good ones, his consultant punctually intervened with many nice words, a constant, precisely of the mills for hair.  On this forum, nothing is hidden.  In any case, I think that the result of this patient whose link you have linked from another forum, can certainly be a successful case of Asmed.

• Like 3

• Valued Contributor

It's a great result - incredible actually.

But such results are extremely rare and are as much to do with that individual patient as they are the clinic. You should never expect to get a result just like someone else; there's simply too many variables. I would also suggest not picking your potential surgery/clinic based on one excellent result. There's lots of other factors to consider and many, many excellent clinics to consider.

Erdogan's clinic certainly used to be considered among the best in Turkey, but there's some doubts about that now. I've personally seen some very mixed results and some poor post-op aftercare for results that haven't turned out so well. Every top clinic on earth has a few mixed results, but what they do after the fact is what sets them apart. It seems that the clinic is maybe a bit more technician led with less involvement in surgeries from Erdogan. If you do go there, you'll want to pay whatever extra it is to have Erdogan himself involved as much as possible. If you do that, I'm sure you'd be fine.

• Like 1

I was considering Asmed at one point, and did a bit of digging - the owner Dr Erdogan is from what I’ve seen/heard a good surgeon.

His reputation has suffered a bit however because all but the highest tier package at his clinic involves technicians doing most of the work, which has led to some inconsistent, even poor work coming out of his clinic.

If you choose Asmed, just make sure you pick the option that has him doing most of the critical work. It may be pricier, but it’s the only package that has Dr Erdogans full involvement.

• Like 1

I've seen results where patients go from looking NW5 to NW0. They definitely exist. So to me that's not an impossible result.

The way I see it is that most clinics and even hair mills are not incapable of getting good results. Clinics will get good results and bad results all the time. Maybe one patient might get really lucky with the harvesting and have close to 0 transected grafts for example. Maybe you luck into the star technician who happens to deliver fairly consistently.

The biggest thing imo is the consistency of results. Even the worst player on the French national team can score a goal, but only the best players are scoring consistently. 

Hair transplants are kinda like penalty kicks, you only get a few chances to make it, so it makes no sense to send out your worst player or even an average player when you can send out your best payers. So don't be like England

ASMED might be classed as a hair mill, but it is capable of doing really good work. Well that’s if your choosing Dr Erdogan to do the channel opening/incisions. But in choosing that option the price goes up accordingly. 
I have been here on the forum for the last decade and seen some awesome results in that time. When they were forum recommended they were pretty consistent over the years. The business model changed but i would say choosing Dr Erdogan is still a good option. His hairlines are pretty fantastic actually.
Just look at Jayldd result or this more recent one which has been updated today for example:

To summarise I would say only consider them if your going to have Dr Erdogan carry out the important step ! 

Edited by JohnAC71
  • Like 2

I am active in the German forum. There is a lot of criticism of Koray Erdogan. Especially since he has expanded the clinic and also offers surgeries without him. There are many very good results from him, but also some more recent results that are not so great. In the German forum, HLC or Demirsoy are more popular if you want to go to Turkey.

• Administrators

There’s no doubt that Dr. Erdogan himself is one of the best. However, I cannot vouch for technicians. I wish he would go back and perform the surgery himself, he would definitely be top 5 in the world. Unfortunately, the model in Turkey is revolved around cost-savings and technicians.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

39 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

HLC do some fantastic work. Good choice ! Look forward to seeing your journey 🙏

Furthermore, I know that post-HLC transplant assistance is ok, especially for those few cases that are not exactly the best.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Egy said:

Furthermore, I know that post-HLC transplant assistance is ok, especially for those few cases that are not exactly the best.

Agreed, the after care is good. And that is a important aspect 👌

• Like 1

On 7/27/2021 at 4:21 AM, MeetYourMaker said:

After opening my topic, i decided to cancel my operation @ ASMED and decided to go to HLC. 

Good decision. HLC seems very ethical from my discussions. Also I want to stress the importance of having the doctor involved in all steps of surgery….large portions of surgery should never be delegated to techs

• Like 1

He produces the most consistent results day after day. Because he pretty much always "densely packs" the transplanted region, you wont hear any of his clients complaining about "see through" regions. His hairlines are just so on point.

When you are from Paris, France, I strongly recommend you to go to the Spain for HT. From Paris are very good flight connections to Madrid, where are more excellent doctors (Dr. Couto, Dr. Lorenzo, Dra. Vila) and in Valencia is Dr. De Freitas (he also offer consultations in Barcelona some days). If you are decided to go to Turkey for HT, thank rather HLC than overpriced hair mill Asmed.