Problems 3 1/2 months after FUE

Luca456

• Administrators

Redness is normal, if you have pale skin it can be red for months. Dude honestly stop worrying so much, it’s too early to tell. That’s the truth. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Echoing what many other have mentioned here in that it is way too early to get any sort of indication of what the final outcome will look like. And based on everything you've shared, nothing seems to indicate that you won't end up with a fantastic result! So keep your chin up and try your best not to worry about this. 

This serves as a great reminder for all of us here and for anyone browsing that it's imperative that you go into a hair transplant procedure not expecting to see any sort of meaningful improvement for the first 6 months. A lot of guys start seeing results around month 4, but that's the earliest you'll start to see progress... And having your growth be on the slower end is in no way an indicator of a poor result. So be patient and try to think about anything other than your hair. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

• 4 weeks later...

Density and redness has improved since your last photos.  Yeah the left looks like it is lagging a bit, but at 5 months all that matters is gradual improvement.  Just keep growing and see you in a few months.  Good luck

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

It’s improving although I’d expect more density at 5 months there’s still plenty of time stay patient.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor

To be quite honest, at 22 and after looking at your pre op pictures that clinic should never have agreed to surgery. They should have offered counseling, education and offered the option of commencing on finasteride. Having said that, it is still early so as difficult as I know it is, try and be patient and wait for several more months as it may kick in. As 5BetaReductase said a lot can happen in the nest 6 months. All the best.

Thanks for your honest opinions guys :) It was the Hairmedic clinic in Dortmund Germany. I will contact them soon about it but all they said before is just „wait more“. I hope that it just takes longer for me but that everything will je allright.. 

I‘ll keep you guys updated 

Hey Luca! Get the official photos from the clinic and post them here if you want more detailed feedback... And in the meantime, it seems like the general consensus here is that ideally, you would be seeing more growth at this stage of the game, buuuuut that doesn't necessarily mean this won't turn out ok. Unfortunately, the only thing you can do is keep waiting and hope for the best. 😕

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

• 11 months later...
  • Valued Contributor
15 hours ago, sul4x said:

Dear @Luca456, how is the status of your hair? Are you satisfied? Do you have got a photo?

Since I may have a hair transplant at Hairmedic soon (perhaps), your answer is of high interest to me.

Thank you very much in advance!

There’s dozens of excellent clinics in Europe plus many more if you’re willing to travel. Why risk it with this clinic?