Problems 3 1/2 months after FUE

Luca456

Hey guys, 

my name is Luca and im 22 years old.. 

Round about 3 1/2 months ago i had my first hairtransplantation with 2.300 grafts and the FUE method.. Now im really afraid that a lot of the grafts died because i smoked before and after the transplantation.. I just couldnt stop it and some people said that it is not necessary to stop.. If you zoome inside the picture you see that some hairs are already growing but that are just a few… On Youtube the people already got much more of the  hairs than me.. 

Pls give me your opinion about it guys.. :(

1C493721-2DB2-4630-B62F-786B9AC68FC5.jpeg

0A37F759-4138-404D-8772-D96AA9CBFC69.jpeg

Please can you provide some more pre/post op? Who was the Dr/Clinic? 22 years of age is very young to have a transplant. But with regards to smoking i really don’t think you will have killed your grafts. At only 3.5 months it’s way too early to be worried about growth. Most people won’t even have growth begin until month 4. So for now all you can do is see how it progresses every month. Full results won’t be seen until at least month 12. Ok so we know smoking can affect/comprise the blood circulation but I can see you are already seeing the growth start.  Hopefully it will continue, keep us updated ! 

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, Luca456 said:

Thanks for your reply, it was „Hairmedic“ in Dortmund (Germany). 

Here is a photo of my pre op status 

CD69CD94-FA5E-43BF-932C-80FB775DA168.png

There's virtually no hair loss here. I'm pretty surprised that a clinic would accept you as a patient at your age and with such incredibly minor loss. I'm also not sure why you thought you needed a HT at all? 

You said you had 2,300 grafts? Are you sure that's the right number? Would need to see your immediate post-op photos but you don't have 2,300 grafts worth of hair loss so I'm struggling to see where on earth so many grafts could even be placed. You need to provide the full range of photos including the ones the clinic would have taken before and after the op.

Cheers

• Like 2

• Administrators

Guys,

As a community, we need to be better. We all know that 3.5 months is way too early to make these sort of statements. For one, we don’t have graft placement photos to say how many grafts were transplanted. Furthermore, nothing looks out of the ordinary for 3.5 months. You need to give it time. Takes 12 months to grow.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 7/23/2021 at 11:44 AM, Berba11 said:

There's virtually no hair loss here. I'm pretty surprised that a clinic would accept you as a patient at your age and with such incredibly minor loss. I'm also not sure why you thought you needed a HT at all? 

You said you had 2,300 grafts? Are you sure that's the right number? Would need to see your immediate post-op photos but you don't have 2,300 grafts worth of hair loss so I'm struggling to see where on earth so many grafts could even be placed. You need to provide the full range of photos including the ones the clinic would have taken before and after the op.

Cheers

i uploaded the pictures i took and i will ask the clinc of their pictures on monday so that i can send you 

21 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

The work looks fine ! Give it another month or so and you will see the real growth begin. Thanks for posting the additional pics 🙏

thank you for the reply i need some hope :D im just a little bit afraid that a lot of the grafts died and that only the ones who are visuable now will start to grow.. :( 

• Like 1

Just now, Luca456 said:

thank you for the reply i need some hope :D im just a little bit afraid that a lot of the grafts died and that only the ones who are visuable now will start to grow.. :( 

Your going to be fine, it honestly looks perfectly normal for 3.5 months. 🙏

• Valued Contributor
9 hours ago, Luca456 said:

9A62B979-F467-449F-AE88-D1671C615669.png

90F6B4C6-3D01-46E2-B67C-1D4EB4D520C4.png

77CABEDF-F614-40EF-96B8-34A64840DC93.png

Ok so we can at least see where the things were implanted. Sort of looks like you had grafts placed in amongst native hair to reinforce what was already there? Hard to say without better pre & immediate post op photos. But at 3.5 months things look roughly where you'd expect. You could have had a little shock loss to native hairs if you've had hairs transplanted among them which might give the false impression that things aren't progressing but if that's the case, the shock loss will recover with a little more time. I wouldn't worry too much yet!

• Administrators
10 hours ago, Luca456 said:

shut ya mouth 

No need for that here. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

11 hours ago, Berba11 said:

Ok so we can at least see where the things were implanted. Sort of looks like you had grafts placed in amongst native hair to reinforce what was already there? Hard to say without better pre & immediate post op photos. But at 3.5 months things look roughly where you'd expect. You could have had a little shock loss to native hairs if you've had hairs transplanted among them which might give the false impression that things aren't progressing but if that's the case, the shock loss will recover with a little more time. I wouldn't worry too much yet!

thank you for the reply so i get it right that there should be already more growth? the transplanted hairs was just around the existing hairs :) 

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, Luca456 said:

thank you for the reply so i get it right that there should be already more growth? the transplanted hairs was just around the existing hairs :) 

Not not necessarily, you're still in the phase before most people start to see changes. You should hope to see some noticeable development from roughly 4 months onwards, but as a general rule of thumb, 6 months is going to be a better indicator - so don't worry just yet!

Also, if you are a bit worried or you think something hasn't worked, the best thing to do at this stage is seek some advice from the clinic and see what they have to say. I'm pretty sure though that they'll tell you to give it a few more months given that you're still in the early stages.

If the transplanted hairs was around the existing hairs then it's certainly possible that some of those native hairs have undergone some shock loss, which might make it look a bit worse than before the HT. Don't worry - that's quite common and normal - the native hairs will grow back as well as the transplanted ones with time. Just hang in there! :)

• Like 1

You are already actually getting growth which is putting you in the early grower category. Any shock loss which has occurred will grow back within a few months. Everything is more than on track. Be interesting when we see another months updated pics 👌

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Valued Contributor

The redness is something that some people experience worse than others, so don't worry about that too much at this stage.

You're seeing hairs start to sprout now, which is good. 4 months is usually the point at which hairs start to emerge, so just hang in there! You're on track!

• Like 1

The redness looks similar to the one on this thread. I can't say what your final result will look like but I think you will be fine.

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/59271-dr-pekiner-1805-grafts-feb-1-2021/?do=findComment&comment=587426

Edited by shami26

Medication for Male Pattern Baldness: Topical Dutasteride - Topical Minoxidil 5% - Ketoconazole Shampoo

Medication for Cicatricial Alopecia: Hydroxychloroquine  - Topical Clobestasol - Doxycycline