FUT Afro female hair transplant Arshad/Bisanga

Hey All,

I’m based in the UK and looking to get a FUT hair transplant. Following everyone’s review on here of Dr hair clinic, Leeds UK (Dr Arshad), i reached out to the clinic. I have been quoted £5 per graft due to the complexities of hair type (afro) and i will require 2,500 grafts.  I have my consultation next week, but I have also reached out to Dr Bisanga.

I will update you all next week with photos of my journey.

Update: July 8 2021

I had my consultation on Monday with the practice manager at Dr Arshad’s clinic. It was ok, i had terrible signal so we kept getting cut off. I was asked to book a consultation to assess my scalp laxity before getting an answer as to whether i can have the procedure (FUT). I asked for Dr Arshad’s availability and they have not gotten back to me yet. 

Funnily enough Hilde from Dr Bisanga responded to my query. She was super responsive throughout the week and I received my quote of 2,500 grafts. I have paid my deposit and now the waiting begins. I will update you all with photos when the time comes 😊 

Edited by Hrnzaire

• Hrnzaire changed the title to FUT Afro female hair transplant Arshad/Bisanga
42 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

@Hrnzairewelcome to the forum ! Have you also considered Dr Bisanga (BHR) he does some awesome work with Afro hair. And like Dr Arshad is recommended:

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/physician/Belgium/Christian-Bisanga/667

Thank you 😊 

i have considered Dr Bisanga. I contacted him and I’m waiting for a quote. But with the travel ban in Belgium I’m not sure when I’ll be able to go.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hrnzaire said:

Thank you 😊 

i have considered Dr Bisanga. I contacted him and I’m waiting for a quote. But with the travel ban in Belgium I’m not sure when I’ll be able to go.

I’m also Uk based. The travel would be worth waiting for. Dr Bisanga is a top choice ! 
Please let us know when BHR replies 🙏 thanks 

Hi Hrnzaire,

I would definitely wait it out (if needed) and go with Dr. Bisanga, no question. 

I know he's recommended here, but I've never been too impressed with Dr. Arshads work since first seeing him on here. Nothing against the guy, and I have seen a couple of pretty good results out of his clinic, but also a fair few that I think fall short of what is expected. Especially with yourself having Afro hair, and it being FUT on top of that, I would go with Bisanga who has decades of experience working with both of these factors. 

I'm pretty sure that Bisanga's price will probably even be a bit cheaper than Arshad with his £5 per graft quote (don't quote me on that, I'm not certain), so it's really a no brainer to me, he's probably the best in the entire world for Afro hair (and one of the best in general).

Hope that helps!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JDEE0 said:

Hi Hrnzaire,

I would definitely wait it out (if needed) and go with Dr. Bisanga, no question. 

I know he's recommended here, but I've never been too impressed with Dr. Arshads work since first seeing him on here. Nothing against the guy, and I have seen a couple of pretty good results out of his clinic, but also a fair few that I think fall short of what is expected. Especially with yourself having Afro hair, and it being FUT on top of that, I would go with Bisanga who has decades of experience working with both of these factors. 

I'm pretty sure that Bisanga's price will probably even be a bit cheaper than Arshad with his £5 per graft quote (don't quote me on that, I'm not certain), so it's really a no brainer to me, he's probably the best in the entire world for Afro hair (and one of the best in general).

Hope that helps!

You’re right. I was a bit concerned when Dr Arshad increased the price because of my hair type (maybe this is common). I’ll await Dr Bisanga’s quote too.

I believe some doctors do charge more for afro hair (I'm about as pasty as you can get, so I've never researched into afro hair too much for obvious reasons haha, so I'm not sure how common it is) as it can be more laborious and time consuming I believe, resulting in a higher price; similar in principle to how FUT is cheaper than FUE

Edited by JDEE0

Just my opinion(so don't shoot) but I think the forum was too quick to put Dr Arshad on the recommended list, he had a few decent results but too small of a sample size and not over a long enough period of time to say that they are the norm. His more recent active cases aren't looking so impressive - hopefully they will turn out good in the end though. I would 100% wait and go with Bisanga and it sounds like the price may even be in your favour to do so. The only proven Dr in the UK is Dr Reddy but of course he comes with a price tag that many can't afford. 

Edited by BLE123
  • Like 4

• Valued Contributor

Dr Diep is also very good at Afrocentric hair transplantation. I know travel is extremely difficult now but if it means flying to get the right doctor (whoever you choose) to get the most natural results then that would be my advice. Also I would not be in a rush and with this covid situation use it to continue your research on the procedure, results, etc even if you have chosen your surgeon. All the best!

• Like 2

• Administrators

It’s best to consult with many physicians, not just one or two. As for the claims that Dr. Arshad is not worthy of recommendation. That’s an absolutely ridiculous posts made oddly by someone who just joined and has 15 posts. That should be a huge red flag to anyone reading. 

Physicians are not only chosen for one-off results whether good or bad, but rather a collective of their cases, as well as their ethics and integrity. I will say that Dr. Arshad has some of the best ethics in the industry and he’s been always there for his patients bending over backwards to help. I can personally vouch for that.

Beware of self-appointed experts that just joined. They are almost always undercover schills, someone’s duplicate account, or a previously banned member. None of which are good.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Well, I can only assume you're talking about me, seeing as I'm the only one who has recently joined and has 15 posts within this thread at the time of your comment, or should I say completely unfound accusation to be more accurate. Not really sure what your problem is, but I can only say that I find your statement to be pretty indignant.

Firstly, if you go back and read up, I think you'll find that it in fact was not me who mentioned anything about Dr. Arshad being worthy or unworthy of recommendation; that was another user. I simply advised another forum member of what I personally feel would be in their best interest by a country mile; to pick Dr. Bisanga over Dr. Arshad for an FUT procedure on Afro hair, and on a female at that (we all know that female hairlines are a skill in and of themselves....).

So what If I said that I don't find his work to be particularly impressive? It's my honest opinion, there is absolutely nothing odd about that in any way and it's frankly bizarre you would state otherwise. I happen to be from a city in the UK not so far from where Dr. Arshad is in Leeds, and have been following his work since on the UK forum since before he even popped up on your radar over here; I even considered him at one point for my upcoming procedure. I never said he was a terrible surgeon or does terrible work, just that his results don't impress me anywhere near the same degree as a number of the top European/US doctors do (and yes, I'm talking a collective amount of  patient posted results here, not one offs or clinic posted as you seem to suggest. Think Dr. Bisanga, Ferduini, Konior, H&W etc etc on here.... De Freitas, Ximena Villa, Pinto etc over on the Spanish forums. Unimpressive results, whilst they do happen, are in my opinion rare/occasional with these high caliber surgeons, as well as others... that isn't a comprehensive list, just some off the top of my head for anyone reading).

In my eyes his results just aren't on par with those sorts of surgeons I mentioned - I'm not a fan of the large graft numbers in a single day, and indeed just in general with a number of the results that I've seen so far. I've also seen some pretty good results for the record. 

Isn't the whole point of this forum to have an open dialogue and try to offer information to other users, I may be a newbie on this site, but I think I've amassed a decent amount of knowledge on the subject of hair transplantation in the past few years during my research. I'm not really one for online forum posting, but I felt that I owed it to give back some knowledge to those in the same position as I was a few years back looking for answers, so I joined up to do so. 

I was just giving advice to the OP of the thread as its a decision we all know will impact the rest of your life, so I advised what was best for her in my opinion.

So, I'm either a shill, using a duplicate account or a previously banned user? Hmm ok then, makes sense. Go ahead and check my IP, my fist time joining the forum mate.

As for being a shill, most of my posts have been on a couple of threads regarding meds as I'm interested in the prevention/medical/scientific side of things - who am I shilling for exactly, Merck? Also, when did I say I was an expert in anything. That was all you. To be honest I don't even know why I've taken the time to write this lengthy response back, but I think it's good for people to see if this is how you're going to act just because I, what, said I'm not the biggest fan of a doc who is recommended here?

I came here to offer a bit of advice where possible and post my own Transplant results with Pinto at the end of the year to give back, it's not really something I absolutely couldn't wait to do, in fact I'd rather not, but I felt it was only fair to pay it forward. But, and look I do have some respect for you for moderating the site Melvin; it's existence helped me a lot, if you don't approve of me and you want to accuse me of this and that then fair enough I'll just be on my way and you can ban me and delete this comment - as I have a feeling you might just do - it makes no difference to me. 

Edited by JDEE0
  • Like 2

Just now, Hrnzaire said:

As an update guys, i have booked my surgery with Dr Bisanga.

i will update you on my journey, closer to the time. I am super excited!!

Excellent news 🗞 Thanks for updating us ! Look forward to following your journey 🤩

• Like 2

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Hrnzaire said:

As an update guys, i have booked my surgery with Dr Bisanga.

i will update you on my journey, closer to the time. I am super excited!!

Congratulations, please pay it forward by sharing your review here, that would be a great help for others in your shoes. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

1 minute ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Congratulations, please pay it forward by sharing your review here, that would be a great help for others in your shoes. 

Thank you! I will definitely share a detailed review when the time comes. I’ve not come across many (if any) women with afro hair on here, if there are any lurkers I’m sure they’ll appreciate it. 

As a woman, I’ve found my traction alopecia very embarrassing so i don’t talk about it. Only two people in my life know about the procedure.

• Like 2

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, Hrnzaire said:

Thank you! I will definitely share a detailed review when the time comes. I’ve not come across many (if any) women with afro hair on here, if there are any lurkers I’m sure they’ll appreciate it. 

As a woman, I’ve found my traction alopecia very embarrassing so i don’t talk about it. Only two people in my life know about the procedure.

I can only imagine, yes I’ve had quite a few women message me in private requesting female reviews. So you’d be helping so many.

• Like 1

View my thread

• 2 weeks later...

Hi HRNZaire, 

how will you get into Belgium? It’s an absolute rigmarole now that we’re out of the EU. I’m planning on seeing Dr. Bisanga in August but need to plan how to get past border control!!!!

cheers 

7 hours ago, Ralphy said:

Hi HRNZaire, 

how will you get into Belgium? It’s an absolute rigmarole now that we’re out of the EU. I’m planning on seeing Dr. Bisanga in August but need to plan how to get past border control!!!!

cheers 

How do you mean? UK citizens don’t need a visa. Just need to complete a PLF form and have a negative COVID test. I think we also need to quarantine for 10 days but I will be staying with family.

On 7/21/2021 at 6:46 AM, Hrnzaire said:

How do you mean? UK citizens don’t need a visa. Just need to complete a PLF form and have a negative COVID test. I think we also need to quarantine for 10 days but I will be staying with family.

I mean just this. You have to fill out forms, provide a negative Covid test, quarantine for 10 days. Do a test on day 1 and day 7 of quarantine, have an exceptional reason to visit the country. Need I go on….

On 7/29/2021 at 11:21 AM, zakj111 said:

yep, I also live in the UK but it looks like going to belgium is going to be difficult. How do you guys plan on going there??

I have dropped you a PM

~~UPDATE~~~~

I am currently at Dr Bisanga’s clinic. The procedure started at around 7.30am today.

i went in, was given some scrubs and then it all started. I was super nervous and expected the worst (in terms of pain). But OMG, i don’t know if i have a high pain tolerance but on a scale of 0-10, 10 being extreme pain I’d say the injections were 0.5.

maybe Dr Bisanga’s technique is super. 

im on my lunch break but will update you tomorrow with some pictures and detailed breakdown 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Hrnzaire said:

~~UPDATE~~~~

I am currently at Dr Bisanga’s clinic. The procedure started at around 7.30am today.

i went in, was given some scrubs and then it all started. I was super nervous and expected the worst (in terms of pain). But OMG, i don’t know if i have a high pain tolerance but on a scale of 0-10, 10 being extreme pain I’d say the injections were 0.5.

maybe Dr Bisanga’s technique is super. 

im on my lunch break but will update you tomorrow with some pictures and detailed breakdown 

Excellent 🥳