Cost of the operation in USA

1 minute ago, JohnAC71 said:

Well average cost for a decent clinic might be $8-14 per graft. So many variables though. 

That's Konior numbers lol. I'd cut that number in half so $4 to $7. Or maybe $4-$8 so you can include H&W in there. Though there are also travel reimbursements if you decide to travel for certain doctors.

Decent clinics will be around $8 mostly. But it depends on a lot, FUT/FUE size of procedure etc etc 

I don’t know of any quality options for as low as $4 per graft. 

Edited by JohnAC71

There can be some wide differences in cost depending whether you are doing FUHT or FUE....and as was mentioned, the size of the procedure.

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

43 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

Decent clinics will be around $8 mostly. But it depends on a lot, FUT/FUE size of procedure etc etc 

I don’t know of any quality options for as low as $4 per graft. 

I believe H & W is $4 per graft past 2k grafts for FUT. And that's H & W. If we're talking some clinic in the middle of Idaho with a lesser known recommended doc, then I can easily see $4. I see doctors from LA/Bay area offering $6 per graft FUE, so $4 seems pretty good for a lower end

edit: H&W is $3 graft FUT past 2k

Edited by deeznuts

$6 for FUE in the LA/Bay area?....wonder who the docs are?

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Op said USA not Canada. But yes if he can travel they are a excellent option ! $8 for the first 2000 FUE or $5 FUT.

Be interesting to hear OP if your looking for FUT or FUE ? And your current Norwood level ? Pics would be great 👍🏽 

• Administrators

In California for FUE you’re looking at $8 per graft. It can get up to $10 depending on the surgeon. Anything below $6 is a huge red flag. Have you consulted with any surgeons?

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

FUE is usually $8-$10 per graft and FUT is usually $5-$7 per great. No shave FUE is usually $12-$15 per graft. 

• Like 1

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

• Moderators
18 hours ago, bald-and-bearded said:

Any idea how much Dr Umar charges? I get the feeling he might be very expensive especially for utilising body hair.

I know a few years ago he was in the $7.50 to 7.75 range.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.