Looking for Suggestions on Hair Transplant Surgeons.

Ash1390

First off - this website/network is genius, whoever thought of this "hats off to you" ...you are a savior. So many helpful people and the moderators are truly top notch.

About Me: 31 YO, first started noticing hair loss at 22 and have been on Fin (every other day) and Minox(2X a day) since then. Balding runs on my dad's side and my dad is a norwood 6/7.

I am looking to get a hair transplant this year and have started to do some research(for the past 1 month) - I previously just googled "top hair transplant in X" and would get hits that looked pretty sketchy. I currently have narrowed down to the following( of course this is not my final list ...hence this post).

The following I have reached out to, some have gotten back to me & we are actively chatting....some have not yet(so hoping they will).

1. Long Hair Center
Dr. Ahmet - I read some good reviews about him on Reddit & on here ...but then suddenly read threads calling places like the Long Hair Center(cheap price) "hair mills" - so this makes me very unsure. Of course, I am no tech millionaire/movie star but I don't mind spending the $$ once and getting a good HT. They have said I need 400-4500.

2. Dr. Jae Pak, LA 
Also seems to have good online reviews and trained by the same Dr. who trained Dr.Diep apparently.....he classified me as a 3A or 4A and said that I need 2000 grafts. This number is drastically different to the one I shared above. Also, he is pretty pricey.

3. Dr. Bisanga

Just shared my pics w/ him via online portal.

4.Dr.Cinik

Haven't reached out to him yet - but read threads here saying that his clinic is a "hair mill"

5. Dr.Bicer

Based on my research this Dr. seems to me to be the most legit. I have reached out to her and am waiting(somewhat anxiously) to hear back.

6.Hair Centre Mexico

Shared pics and am waiting to hear back.

7. Dr.Diep

Seems to be a very good Dr. But the threads here are quite a bit polarizing and he isn't cheap(this isn't much of a factor if its worth it)

Since a lot of you here have had success & also fairly knowledgeable on the subject ...would be great if you could help a newbie out.

back_head.jpeg

left_head.jpeg

right_head.jpeg

front_top_head.jpeg

Edited by Ash1390
Posted too soon

The way to find a decent clinic/Dr which is suited to your needs is look through the forum results posted here by the patents themselves. Full 12 month journeys are the best.

Google/insta/Facebook/real self etc etc cannot be relied upon. You will have lots of fake 5* reviews posted. 

Consider the following which are forum recommended:

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/hair-transplant-surgeons.asp?sr=HRN-MOB

Thats a good jumping off point for research. It’s not a exhaustive list but it’s one that’s been forum recommended/approved. 

Apologies for not having the pics first up - I prematurely hit enter(noob)
I am currently in Oakland,California and I am willing to travel (if the surgeon indeed is worth it).

And, thanks for the pointer on the research

Thanks for updating your initial post 🙏 your showing a possible future Norwood 7 pattern as your crown is already dipping.

However your on Fin/Minox and I hope that it’s helped you retain ? You have been on it for many years. A good long term plan ! 

Some clinics stand out in the higher Norwood levels. Eugenix is doomed some of the best Norwood 6/7 work anywhere worldwide. And certainly worth waiting for when travel is possible. 
Dr Bisanga, Dr Bicer, HDC @Doron Haratiand Vertex @DrTBarghouthiall could be considered as doing good work with the higher Norwood levels too. 

Just now, Ash1390 said:

Also, looking to see if anyone here was in a similar situation as me(in terms of hair loss) and they have had a successful transplant - thanks!

Loads of Norwood 6/7 results to find ! Just use the search function. @Zoomsteris the often mentioned result from Eugenix for example 👌

Yes using fin+min for a while now ....hoping to get off of it at some point in my life haha

Am I a Norwood 6/7 - dang :) - my dad is a 7 I think. 
I was just looking at Dr. Timothy Carman ...any thoughts on him?

Edited by Ash1390
typo

Nothing wrong with Dr Carmen, however I do think with a higher Norwood level you could do better with the clinics/Drs I mentioned above. 
Especially Dr Bisanga (possible FUT/FUE combo), Eugenix who are masters at augmenting Beard grafts or Hattingen who do some really good larger FUT cases.

Debatable what Norwood level you are currently. What is clear Is without the meds you would certainly head to Norwood 7 with your crown dipping like that.

You will be placed anywhere from Norwood 4-6 from the clinics  I would Imagine. Always difficult going by pics. 

Edited by JohnAC71

Thank you! Great pointers for me to further dig into.

Reached out to Dr.Bisanga - will keep you updated once I get a consult. 
Will reach out to Eugenix & Hattingen as well....I am really hoping to get it this year so maybe Eugenix is looking slim.

• Like 1

Just now, Ash1390 said:

Thank you! Great pointers for me to further dig into.

Reached out to Dr.Bisanga - will keep you updated once I get a consult. 
Will reach out to Eugenix & Hattingen as well....I am really hoping to get it this year so maybe Eugenix is looking slim.

Some clinics are worth waiting for... Eugenix is one of them. But you have other options open to you. Just research and consult as much as possible. Look for cases similar to your own situation. 

You should definitely consult with @Dr. Vladimir Panine. His work is impeccable and been putting out AMAZING results for 25+ years. He's an elite coalition surgeon and is board certified in dermatology and did his surgery training at Stanford.

Check out these recent results of his:

• Like 1

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

4 minutes ago, Ash1390 said:

Also, trying to stay away from FUT as I like to keep my hair short on the side and don't want a scar

It's good you're on finasteride/minoxidil. Have you had in person consults yet? I've also privately messaged you. Please feel free to reach out anytime.

Edited by Dr. Suhail Khokhar

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

Thanks Suhail - reached out to Dr.Panine
No, I haven't had any in-person consults yet .....I am hoping to have some soon. I am looking for Dr. that are honest and upfront about the results .... I dont have unrealistic expectations myself and I am open to a "no" from the Dr. 

5 minutes ago, Ash1390 said:

Also, trying to stay away from FUT as I like to keep my hair short on the side and don't want a scar

I can understand that. But you may struggle to get the graft numbers you need by scalp FUE alone. How is your beard ? That would be another good source.

As your probably aware if we want to really maximise our donor area then FUT does really help. 

1 minute ago, JohnAC71 said:

I can understand that. But you may struggle to get the graft numbers you need by scalp FUE alone. How is your beard ? That would be another good source.

As your probably aware if we want to really maximise our donor area then FUT does really help. 

I did not know that - TIL.
My beard game is STRONG ....like really really STRONG lol...get a ton of compliments on it and guys ask me my secret all the time.

Is there a way to cover up the scar at all?

14 minutes ago, Ash1390 said:

I did not know that - TIL.
My beard game is STRONG ....like really really STRONG lol...get a ton of compliments on it and guys ask me my secret all the time.

Is there a way to cover up the scar at all?

So it’s possible to use scalp hair (FUE) and augment beard grafts which is something Eugenix do very well. Or in the case of Bisanga he’s pretty adept in any kind of FUT/FUE/BHT transplants. Scarring from taking beard grafts is barely noticeable. FUE scarring  is dependent on how many grafts are taken/size of punch etc. FUT scar in the best possible scenario is one that’s barely visible/pencil thin. All depends on the skill of the Dr and your own scalp laxity etc. 

Edited by JohnAC71

14 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

So it’s possible to use scalp hair (FUE) and augment beard grafts which is something Eugenix do very well. Or in the case of Bisanga he’s pretty adept in any kind of FUT/FUE/BHT transplants. Scarring from taking beard grafts is barely noticeable. FUE scarring  is dependent on how many grafts are taken/size of punch etc. FUT scar in the best possible scenario is one that’s barely visible/pencil thin. All depends on the skill of the Dr and your own scalp laxity etc. 

Thanks! I have been on this site for 4hrs now haha ....I was researching Eugenix . The @Zoomsterresult looks good and is the one advertised on the website as well as their website but @MNIK's thread makes me a little bit scared/worried/mixed. I think I am in a similar situation.

@Abhinay SinghI have reached out to Eugenix, hoping to hear back soon.

The more you research the more you will find a not so good result from every single clinic/Dr. This includes the most elite/best names anywhere worldwide.

Whats important is how they manage the not so good results. After all results are not actually guaranteed. All we can do is try and choose a decent clinic who have a consistent track record and good after care/follow up. Eugenix really do look after their patients before/during and after. In the case of @MNIKthey are supporting him. 

3 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

The more you research the more you will find a not so good result from every single clinic/Dr. This includes the most elite/best names anywhere worldwide.

Whats important is how they manage the not so good results. After all results are not actually guaranteed. All we can do is try and choose a decent clinic who have a consistent track record and good after care/follow up. Eugenix really do look after their patients before/during and after. In the case of @MNIKthey are supporting him. 

thats fair - yes, my best wishes to brother @MNIK ..... he will have a full head of hair! 
The big deterrent now is that Eugenix is in India and the covid situation there. So looking at other options.....but if Eugenix is truly way better then I will wait.

• Like 1

Update: 

Dr. Bisanga - his rep reached out to me saying that they would need an in-person consultation to know for sure that I am a good candidate. Unfortunately, till COVID subsides he won’t be traveling to the US - so bummed that this possibility is basically eliminated. 

Dr. Panine - rep reached out to me as well, I am going to have a video consultation with the Dr. soon. I asked if the doc would need an in person consult and the assistant said no. Makes me feel a bit wary that two well reputed Dr’s have different opinions (guess that happens?) 

Eugenix - had a very illuminating call with Dr. Sethi …. Very wise man! Again due to COVID I think traveling to India is not advisable… I am bummed I did not know them 2 yes ago when I was there. 

Dr Ahmet/ Long Hair Center - I think I am going to rule them out based on what I have heard about them here. 

Dr. Carman - trying to schedule sometime this week.