2332 Grafts FUE Dr. David Josephitis, May 27th 2021 (Shapiro Medical Group)

22 minutes ago, JC71 said:

Excellent progress! Wow this has really improved since your last update. And still another 5 months to go 👍🏽

Thanks! Yeah this month has been kind to me it seems. Especially with the softening of the hair. It's easier to style now and looks more natural.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Month 8

Apologies for the late update. Continuing to improve, hair is getting softer and easier to style. Realized I've never shown the top situation. Not super worried about it, "luckily" for me it's just the hairline. For now... 

20220201_175859.jpg

20220201_180020.jpg

20220204_073335.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

It's looking really good! Much more defined hairline and it's lower. Very natural. I would love to see a head on picture of before vs after as 8 months should be a good indication of where growth is going.

Edited by hybonix

1st Procedure: 3332 FUE Grafts | Shapiro Medical Group | 10.29.20
2nd Procedure: 1908 FUE Grafts | Shapiro Medical Group | 11.13.23

Thanks for the encouragement guys! I'll do a straight on shot next update. I'm still seeing hairs pop out so I'm thinking it's going to improve beyond the 12 month mark.

I'm contemplating a second surgery but I'm wondering is it "hair need" or "hair greed"

I think just doing the temple points could increase naturalness by reducing the contrast between my donor hair in the hairline and the fine temple point hairs. 

And let's be honest it would be nice to look even better lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

9 months

Really liking the naturalness of the hairline, probably the number one reason I chose this surgeon. A lot of surgeons create too straight hairlines in my view. It's like they draw a line and put all the frontal hair on that perfectly straight line. It turns out looking too abrupt, like a wall of hair.

Mine isn't overly dense and I wasn't expecting it to be, especially with medium fine, straight, dark hair, on a pale scalp. But it’s definitely alleviated much of my concern over my hair.

All photos taken in harsh direct sunlight.

Pre Surgery 

20220302_024452.thumb.jpg.d50ec89131bb789c836941f76eb25b5a.jpg

4.5 Months

20220221_182248.thumb.jpg.c07f3588a37a9df3020148f23d4a1da4.jpg

8.5 months

20220302_175324.thumb.jpg.a47289701a58075756958332f4e50db1.jpg

• Like 1

Very nice.  I chose him for the same reason: naturalness!  I like how you described a lot of other surgeon’s work as a “wall of hair” that looks too abrupt. Shapiro is great at creating soft hairlines.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Month 11

Well I'm approaching the "final" result, although I still do see some hairs sprouting this could be just hairs that have shed and are growing back.

It's still a little kinkier than I would like but I've heard it could take up to 2 years for that to full subside.

I'll post more of a review with my thoughts next month this is more of an update, but overall I think it's going well20220425_182554.thumb.jpg.ae75fa304756605423d803c11f7927d8.jpg20220425_182410.thumb.jpg.970cbdba0da5454911529de8f4b6adda.jpg20220426_164119.thumb.jpg.2a927bc382a9bf8b67588f60d1f606b9.jpg

Before

20220426_170005.thumb.jpg.8c7d91f9a875b00b6d2cb651c5e76bee.jpg

After20220426_172447.thumb.jpg.5d1f9361cdbc4966ba10eb8e2ccb70e8.jpg

• Administrators

I think the change looks really good, kinky hairs usually subside around 18 months. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 months later...

Month 13.5

Sorry for the late update, been busy (lazy)

I actually think it will still improve over the next couple of months, some recently sprouted hairs are slowly getting thicker.

Right now I'm satisfied with the density especially considering the high number of singles. 

I think I'll update again at 18 months. I remember Alan Feller saying something like "if hair transplant surgeons said the true timeline of 18 months no one would want a transplant".

Anyway, it's been pretty life changing. I feel much more confident and that confidence has led to positive changes in my life that I've needed for years.

Right now I'm still deciding on getting the temple points filled in. I think it would balance the contrast of my light temple hair and dark transplanted hair, improving on already great naturalness and frame the face as they say in the biz.

I'll probably get a few professional opinions, and give updates but here are some before photos and the present situation.

Before

20220715_051852.jpg.6a70f149bef2a1e64182c7c805e35b1d.jpg

After

20220715_051755.jpg.5439edfd6260a4df78b2094af8f62920.jpg

Before

20220716_045510.thumb.jpg.522d55aa904ff6f7346f472fd01d60c4.jpg

After20220716_010323.thumb.jpg.b5b633acdfbcd69e4b1199d13aa06a6b.jpg

Before

20220715_051709.thumb.jpg.049163c003794d188c3ea7d9d875b020.jpg

8 months

20220706_183428.thumb.jpg.dd06ac326b4c59e1364a8d79fe337c21.jpg

13 months

20220706_183343.thumb.jpg.23372654db8f4a2560fac3b35f8d6aa3.jpg

Edited by PluggedIn
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...

Don't mean to insult, but not gonna lie - I don't think it looks good. It's very tell-tale sign of having a transplant with the thick spaced out hairs and shape of the hairline. That half moon shape is so over used for HTs I just don't get it. It's not how hair naturally is shaped, and it only causes more people to need future HTs to again address the issue. Just like in your sunlight photos, I think that is worse than your natural hairline. If you notice in the first 2 photos in this last post showing your hairline B/A comps, you'll see how fine and soft the natural hairline is. Regardless of balding, THAT's how it should look. Soft. Fine up front with graduation to thicker, with subtlety. I think there's too many people on here that are employed to pump "good" feedback on people so that everyone thinks this is acceptable and the standard. It could be a complete disaster, which it isn't, but it's not good either. Just being honest.

7 hours ago, jonnyjon said:

Don't mean to insult, but not gonna lie - I don't think it looks good. It's very tell-tale sign of having a transplant with the thick spaced out hairs and shape of the hairline. That half moon shape is so over used for HTs I just don't get it. It's not how hair naturally is shaped, and it only causes more people to need future HTs to again address the issue. Just like in your sunlight photos, I think that is worse than your natural hairline. If you notice in the first 2 photos in this last post showing your hairline B/A comps, you'll see how fine and soft the natural hairline is. Regardless of balding, THAT's how it should look. Soft. Fine up front with graduation to thicker, with subtlety. I think there's too many people on here that are employed to pump "good" feedback on people so that everyone thinks this is acceptable and the standard. It could be a complete disaster, which it isn't, but it's not good either. Just being honest.

I honestly always thought this result and hairline looked pretty soft and natural.  What clinics do you think has softer and more natural looking results?  Just curious…

• Administrators
7 hours ago, jonnyjon said:

If you start off with “don’t mean to insult” you most certainly do, while you’re entitled to your opinion, be mindful. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

12 hours ago, jonnyjon said:

I don't think it's a telltale sign, but I don't think it's quiet yet a ballpark result. 

I think the kinkyness of the hair contributes to a slight non-softness to the hairline, which like OP said could straighten out in the next months. 

Some of the front hairs do seem thicker, but I'm comparing to the post op pictures, and it seems perfect to me, the finer hairs are in front, and the thicker hairs are in the back. I am wonder if OPs donors hairs have gotten thicker with medication. 

I've been on oral minoxidil for a few months, and while it seems to help on the top, what I didn't except is the strengthening of my donor hair. Actually all over the body, including eye brows. 

What may have happened is hair that were finer at the time thickened up due to medication. If so, it's a very good problem to have. OP can use it as a base for a future transplant, and hopefully by now his donor has finished thickening. 

I'm looking again and wondering if that's what happened. The spacing out works for finer hairs in the front because that's what most people have. And it definitely looks finner post OP and the first weeks/months after that. 

I'm not sure if it's possible to have the super super fine/ super soft hairs in your original hairline for a transplanted hairline, I never seen something like that. So I think comparing to the original hairline has limits. 

I'm comparing post OP and now pictures again. It's really hard for me to tell, but you may want to look into if the finer hairs that were original transplanted thickened up. And if so, it's a pretty fun problem to have because that means you could be a bit more aggressive in your hairline. 

What Norwood are you and what does your donor availability look like? Is your hairloss stable?

Looks like a positive result, but its a very conservative HT - especially for a 28 yr old. 

Essentially my question is why was this a conservative procedure? IMO most 28 yr olds want complete NW1 coverage. 

I think you were smart to keep it conservative - there is nothing wrong with that - just curious. 

22 hours ago, jonnyjon said:

No offense taken at all! I want people to be honest and I think demanding excellent results helps the field.

The hair has softened since my last but it has seemed to have been taking longer than most people and there is still some time to soften up. It can take up to 24 months.

As for the hairline shape it was a collaborative effort, so I personally like it but to each their own.

11 Months

20220526_184246.thumb.jpg.de980c1ce0204f5c83587e983ba04cac.jpg

18 months

20221213_195504.thumb.jpg.f725f8c7214333141860cfcdc0bd6343.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HappyMan2021 said:

What Norwood are you and what does your donor availability look like? Is your hairloss stable?

Looks like a positive result, but its a very conservative HT - especially for a 28 yr old. 

Essentially my question is why was this a conservative procedure? IMO most 28 yr olds want complete NW1 coverage. 

I think you were smart to keep it conservative - there is nothing wrong with that - just curious. 

I value future coverage over a low hairline. And being 28 is why I didn't want to go too low. Even with medication I will still likely lose hair and I still want it to look good in my 50s 60s etc. Things are stable now but MPB is unpredictable and I have an average donor.

• Like 1