Yesterday I had FUE with Dr Nadimi

1 hour ago, heisenburger said:

Is it required to shave your head? I've seen other doctors only shave the hairline area (and donor area of course) so that you can get away with a combover type hairstyle for a while.

Was that an option?

I'm wondering the same thing, I'm not sure if I can deal with shaving off the rest of my hair.

On 6/21/2021 at 10:54 AM, heisenburger said:

Is it required to shave your head? I've seen other doctors only shave the hairline area (and donor area of course) so that you can get away with a combover type hairstyle for a while.

Was that an option?

It is not a requirement to shave all of your hair off.

I had my procedure with Nadimi a few years ago and just the back/sides were shaved as well as the front where I had my grafts placed. The mid and crown were left long and held up with a clip/elastic and this is how I left it for the entire healing period. If you're going to go through with it, just send an email asking if it's OK and then make sure you let her know on the day of because it's not a detail that is exactly remembered by her haha. Shouldn't be an issue though. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Runitback said:

Looks better than baseline already.   You still on min?   Not on fin right?   I just had one with her Monday so trying to see what I will look like in four months.    I’m on fin but not sure I will start min.   

I’m using topical dut/min

• Thanks 1

Being free from the ugly duckling stage is the most liberating feeling ever, huh?  Looking good, I fully expect it to fill in over the next 3 months.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, Jreinhal said:

5 month update.  

F463EF22-DABD-4F2A-AFCC-561B99B6DA19.jpeg

Looking great. You didn’t get any actual work done on the mid-scalp or crown, correct? So do you think the improvement there is due to the topical solution you are using? Or just a styling affect?

2 minutes ago, yesplease said:

Looking great. You didn’t get any actual work done on the mid-scalp or crown, correct? So do you think the improvement there is due to the topical solution you are using? Or just a styling affect?

For the crown, Ive been using topical dutasteride and LLLT. They’ve brought back both density and color. 

10 minutes ago, Jreinhal said:

For the crown, Ive been using topical dutasteride and LLLT. They’ve brought back both density and color. 

Excellent!

Any discernible sides or issues with the topical dut?

And does the solution include min as well?

13 hours ago, yesplease said:

Excellent!

Any discernible sides or issues with the topical dut?

And does the solution include min as well?

No sids that I can note. I have both min and retin-A in the solution. I use it 1-2 times per week and keep the solution refrigerated 

5 hours ago, Jreinhal said:

A company called Strut

I would like to try that too. Can I just order just dutasteride solution without Minoxidil. Minoxidil (alcohol based) sometimes gives me headaches and itchy scalp.

14 minutes ago, TEXAN35 said:

I would like to try that too. Can I just order just dutasteride solution without Minoxidil. Minoxidil (alcohol based) sometimes gives me headaches and itchy scalp.

You can get any combination to include dut only 

30 minutes ago, Jreinhal said:

You can get any combination to include dut only 

Thanks I did that. They will be sending one months supply for 69 dollars and will automatically do so every month. It says .1ml everyday. But since I will be using it twice a week, I guess I don't need monthly supply of the solution. Hopefully they will be flexible to let me order once in three months.

1 hour ago, TEXAN35 said:

Thanks I did that. They will be sending one months supply for 69 dollars and will automatically do so every month. It says .1ml everyday. But since I will be using it twice a week, I guess I don't need monthly supply of the solution. Hopefully they will be flexible to let me order once in three months.

You have full control of when and how often it delivers 

• Like 1