Thoughts on sodas post-hair transplant?

Hello

I am now in day 4 post-op and am wondering what the general consensus is regarding fizzy drinks like coca-cola or fanta, or any strong sugar drinks. Does consuming these impact the final result in any way?

Best regards

Perhaps now is a good time to switch to diet versions.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

• Moderators

On the serious side, if your glucose levels are consistently over about 125 or so then continuing to drink sugary drinks or eating lost of sweets can start causing you to lose hair as you will be at diabetes levels. If that's the case then cutting down on the sugar intake will be good for your hair. If your glucose is in a normal range of 70s to 100 and you are just asking about drinking a soda once in a while then that is not going to make a difference in your hair transplant growth.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

On 5/21/2021 at 9:10 AM, Curious25 said:

Coca Cola should be ok, but Fanta is a big no no! It’s in most clinics post op instructions 

Is this because Fanta is more acidic or are you just joking around? 😅

Edited by Swedishdude