Advice for 21yr/o male who can't tolerate Finasteride

Hello guys, my first post here, I am 21 years old and I have really bad hair loss. It happened in the span of 6 months. I went to derm, he prescribed me Finasteride. I got some really bad side effects and because of that I don't want to take it anymore. Also tried topical Finasteride, got side effects also. My dad was NW6 at age 25, so I will be too probably. Do you suggest to start Minoxidil + Dermarolling + Ketoconazole or? Also I dont want to take any non FDA approved drugs. Do you know anyone who was in the same situation? I also plan to get hair transplant when I am 24-25 but then I don't know how much hair I will have left. Also my question is what are best hair transplant surgeons who bring back from NW6 to maybe NW2? Thanks in advance guys.

20210411_133505.jpg

Try topical FIN. Search Ebay for Morr F.

If you get side-effects from that as well I would discontinue use if I were you.

Its not worth getting PFS.  I had PFS for a few months and it was horrible

Edited by Westview

1 hour ago, Dr. Suhail Khokhar said:

What side effects were you getting from topical finasteride? 

I had brain fog and got gyno flare up from it, also loss of libido but not so much.

Did you try a lower dosage of fin?  Like .5mg every other day?  I do remember when I started fin 14 years ago I had some ball ache, and I almost quit.  It went away after about 2 weeks and I haven't had a problem since. 

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

1 hour ago, aaron1234 said:

Did you try a lower dosage of fin?  Like .5mg every other day?  I do remember when I started fin 14 years ago I had some ball ache, and I almost quit.  It went away after about 2 weeks and I haven't had a problem since. 

I tried but side effects persisted and then I quit it. Really dont know what my options are here

Do you have a picture of your fathers donor region at his current age? That would help to give an indication as to whether your grafts in the NW6 safe zone would be potentially viable to use going forward. 

Dear Mizmija,

If you face with the side effects of Finasteride you can try to slow down your hair loss and your hair thinning by alternative non surgical treatments such as PRP and Derma roller+Mesotherapy. Although PRP is not FDA approved for hair regrowth, in lots of cases we are seeing significant result at the end of 4 PRP sessions. 

You can maintain your current situation by PRP and Dermaroller(Mesotherapy) until your 25-26. By doing so you will also maintain the strength of your current donor area. 

If you will face with NW 6 or 7 in future, you should proceed with FUT or a combination of FUT&FUE. In FUT hair transplant it is possible to collect and transplant more number of grafts compare to FUE

I hope it was helpful. If you have further questions please do not hesitate to ask. 

Best regards,