How is my progress ?

Hey guys, I got my fue 20 days ago. 4000 hairs , to rebuild my hair line . My biggest concern is I have been very stressed earlier this year and my hair was thinning more then usual. Now I have noticed approx 5 days after my ht I'm experiencing shock loss on my crown area which is strange as it used to be very dense there.

Does it grow back?

How is my hair line progressing?

Screenshot_20210503-004159_Video Player.jpg

20210502_213658.jpg

Hi

Can you provide more details for your ht, who was the clinic/dr. Are you talking hairs or grafts ? 
Have you got any pics from your surgery day, especially the donor area. More information is better, like how old you are and if your on fin/minox. 

• Like 1

@JohnAC71 Surgery was done at Gro in Melbourne, aus

I am 40 , I was on min and fin for about a year up until late last year and I dare say the shedding I was experiencing as mentioned in my original post had an combination effect from stopping both treatments and stress.

I am back on min and fin.i can already feel little hairs on the top of my head. And I will be getting prp next week.

Hair line pic is of the day of surgery 

Donor was the next day

You can see how dense the back of my hair is , bloody shock loss

20210413_202528.jpg

Screenshot_20210503-010226_Video Player.jpg

Edited by 4000hairs
  • Like 1

Hello,

Did they shave the front 1cm of your hairline to help with the surgery?

It is always a tough thing, and I know Gro tend to do this.

Is you HT easy to cover up with the existing hair or would you have been better shaving completely? I'd imagine dr TJ did your surgery. Say what you like but TJ and Raj do produce good results down here.

@DCunitee yes shaved the thinner hairs I don't think it was 1 cm maybe 0.25 cm . I can just cover it up see attached. I'm not sure her name she came down from the gold coast .

I Hate my current hair style but it's only temporary thank God!

20210505_130818.jpg

@4000hairs good result.

I wouldn't think it's too bad, you've got a fair bit of product in there which probably draws my eye to it but I think it's good coverage.

What day are you on when this was taken? Who was your surgeon again? Would you recommend as I'm in Melbourne.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks @4000hairs that's coming along well!

How do you feel about it? Do you have a before photo I could reference.

They've obviously brought the whole hairline down a cm or two.

Have you felt as though you can cover it without being too obvious?

Did you get any more hairs to fill in the top section of your head? 

There are some strong voices on these forums suggesting that if you want quality work, do not consider getting a transplant in Australia. However, your transplant looks well done. 

I am curious to hear more about your experience with Gro, did you consult with any other clinics in Australia? why did you pick Gro? 

It looks like you will have good results. 

@DCunitee

Just like everyone I just want to be able to do my hair normally! 

Before photo (day of surgery)and my attempt to hide post op attached (today)

The top of my head was fine, apart from experiencing shock loss post op!

20210413_084748.jpg

20210520_093504.jpg

@victormaitland

I did consult with another company I forgot their name it was 12 months ago.. they suggest 1500 hairs .. and I was going to do it but covid happened . I went to gro for a consultation 2 years ago and obviously didn't do anything then and went back because I wanted it done asap as I only had a small window of time to recover.  I got quoted for 3000+ hairs but on the day they told me it wouldn't cover the complete areas of concern so I went for 4000 + . I am happy with the results so far apart from the shockloss scenario. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys an update .. I still got hair missing around the crown from the shock loss but my hair is thickening up. I guess it will take time for it to regrow.. I am currently on week 9 post op. The redness is almost or all gone! The pic below is from the other day after a shower. As the other pic is from week 8 , at night you can't  tell (well I think) I have had a ht , I use  hair fibres for around the hairline only a light sprinkle but I first use mascara on the transplanted hairs  to give that volume thicker look.then I use some light weight hair product to make the transplanted hairs not stick out like crazy.. i try to shape it inline with the longer hair so it looks asif it's the same hair. ANYWAY.. the shedding of the existing hair has pretty much stopped but I am now getting alittle bit of shedding of the transplanted hairs but new thicker hairs are replacing them I can feel all new sprouting hairs throw the hair line..

20210614_102726.jpg

20210607_174730.jpg

Edited by 4000hairs
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys I'm now 12 weeks and 1 day post op. Here is some progress pics after the shower and my normal styled hair. 

Thoughts? I think its coming along well, I cant wait for the results over the next 3 monthsScreenshot_20210707-230439_Gallery.thumb.jpg.473c502516291559280324330f6175e3.jpg

20210707_230249.jpg

Screenshot_20210707-231056_Gallery.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hey guys another update , I can't believe it's been a month!! I will be 4 months post op on the 13th . Well I dont have any hair fibres in my hair anymore . This was taken today in the most direct sunlight I could find. Based on the research I did prior to my ht I was really looking forward to month 4 as the pictures online looked like things become more natural looking. From this point forward it's nothing but exciting results.. 

20210808_134046.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hello gentlemen, I hope everyone is keeping safe.Here is my week 22.5 update.  I am very happy with the progress so far, at the start I was shitting myself bc of the shock loss but now it's like I am never had the ht done. I look forward to further growth!!

20210918_181741.jpg

20210903_175312.jpg

• Valued Contributor

I live in Melbourne. Can I ask why you had a hair transplant? Was it to lower your hairline? Who was the female surgeon who performed surgery on you? Was it Dr Martinick? If the surgery is for MPB are you on finasteride and/or did the surgeon recommend finasteride in your consultation?

Edited by Gatsby
  • Like 1