When should i start to worry about the Hairtransplant result?

6 minutes ago, wizow said:

Hi Guys,

when is it appropriate to become seriously concerned about the outcome of the hairtransplant?

From which month on do you think it is very unlikely that there will be a hairy miracle?

https://fellermedical.com/hair-transplant-growth-timeline/#:~:text=Hair transplant “growth” and the,and naturalization of these hairs.

I think you can tell by month 9/10 approx. There may be signs before that but the growth timeline can differ so much. Poor work can be seen early on. 
Are you worried about your own result ? If so can you give some more details ? Or even pics ? Thanks 🙏 

• Like 2

I already see a difference in the hair as it looks now compared to before.
Pictures I do not want to share, because I do not feel comfortable. Please understand.
It just still looks patchy. Near hairline I see a gap that torments me. I am in 6th month postop and heading towards 7th month.

You have at least another 5/6 months for things to improve. Full results are not seen until at least month 12. But Can continue to improve beyond and up to month 18. Which clinic did you go too ? Did you have FUT or FUE ? How many grafts etc ? 
Thanks 🙏 

Edited by JohnAC71

1 hour ago, wizow said:

Pictures I do not want to share, because I do not feel comfortable. Please understand.
It just still looks patchy. Near hairline I see a gap that torments me. I am in 6th month postop and heading towards 7th month.

Why not take a pic of your scalp but black out your face??

• Like 1

• Administrators

Don’t worry until month 9, that’s enough time even for slow growers. Context matters though, if you’re 90% satisfied by month 9 give it till 18 months. If you’re not satisfied at all, give it till month 9.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

17 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Don’t worry until month 9, that’s enough time even for slow growers. Context matters though, if you’re 90% satisfied by month 9 give it till 18 months. If you’re not satisfied at all, give it till month 9.

Agree with 9 months

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

21 hours ago, wizow said:

If you're an 18-month grower then you'd currently be in your 4.3 months of growth, and not 6 to 7 months.

I derive at that number since you say you're about 6.5 months into your transplant.

6.5 months/18 months = 0.3611.

0.3611 * 12 months = 4.33 months.

4 1/3 months is still way too early to guage a transplant