Diamond Hair Clinic Turkey - Dr. Mehmet Demircioglu

JonDoe

Hi I have been researching and researching to get a HT in Turkey. After doing many hours of research I realized about the hair mill clinics and how the Dr. doesn't do the procedures themself and it's a big risk especially if your traveling from abroad to turkey.

I came across Diamond Hair Clinic in Turkey, the Dr. is Dr. Mehmet Demircioglu. Does anybody on here know if he is legit? His site says he does the procedure himself and it's only one patient procedure per day, it is a package price, very affordable with hotel, but after much research I didn't find any "negative" reviews and I feel his place is too good to be true for the price.

Does anybody know or have any experiences with this Dr. or clinic? One worrying thing I've noticed from many reviews are saying they got over 5,000, 7,000 grafts implanted but I read that real reputable HT Dr. would never go over 4,000 in one session, so that was a red flag after seeing many testimonials and reviews saying the Dr. would always recommend more grafts...

Anyway if anyone has any info or reviews about him please let me know. Here is his site:

Screen Shot 2021-03-23 at 9.09.45 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-23 at 9.09.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-23 at 9.10.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-23 at 9.10.28 PM.png

• Administrators

I have never heard of this surgeon. Doesn't mean he's bad. Usually, good surgeons have reviews. You should look for real patient reviews.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I read many of the reviews and they were all positive. The thing that alarmed me was many said the surgeon would always do 5,000 -7,000 grafts per session, so that raised some alarm as I have read that it is not safe to do that many per session.

Edited by JovsGata

• Valued Contributor

If it sounds too good to be true then usually it is in life. Hair transplants are no exception. 'World FUE Institute?' What does that even mean in real terms? Using the Sapphire FUE technique guarantees growth of 90% of implanted hair? It's the surgeon 'behind' the punch (and not the punch) that dictates the rate of growth. Patients from all around the world could be due to the low price? There are so many red flags just in the advertising. Let the buyer beware.

He might be legit.

Last summer, in the early stage on my research journey I came across this clinic and positive reviews. I sent them photos via whatsapp and they got back to me asking to send photos including my beard and chest. After a couple of weeks, I had yet to hear a response and reached out again and was told the doctor would get to it and I was not forgotten.

The patient rep said he gets ~50-60 photos a day to evaluate. It took a while longer and they finally got back to me asking me to send clearer photos of my scalp (which I took as a good sign).

At that point, I had found this forum and had more knowledge under my belt. I noticed that the clinic does not have many photos (at least at that time) showing growth after 12 months, but rather have many photos showing the results immediately after the procedure. Besides, I would not fully trust any 12 months photos coming from a clinic.

There were some independent reviews speaking of the excellent care they got and 1 or 2 with 12 month results that looked fine.

While this may be an all star doctor and clinic, I would not trust my finite number of grafts to a relatively unknown clinic with limited evidence of success.

As for 7,000 grafts in a session, there are clinics such as Eugenix that do that number in one go, but it is spread out over several days.

When I take the plunge, I want to maximize my chance of success by going to an established clinic with a proven track record and actual patients posting 12 months results on forums. I wouldn't want to take my chances at a clinic like this one.

22 minutes ago, SLA said:

He might be legit.

Last summer, in the early stage on my research journey I came across this clinic and positive reviews. I sent them photos via whatsapp and they got back to me asking to send photos including my beard and chest. After a couple of weeks, I had yet to hear a response and reached out again and was told the doctor would get to it and I was not forgotten.

The patient rep said he gets ~50-60 photos a day to evaluate. It took a while longer and they finally got back to me asking me to send clearer photos of my scalp (which I took as a good sign).

At that point, I had found this forum and had more knowledge under my belt. I noticed that the clinic does not have many photos (at least at that time) showing growth after 12 months, but rather have many photos showing the results immediately after the procedure. Besides, I would not fully trust any 12 months photos coming from a clinic.

There were some independent reviews speaking of the excellent care they got and 1 or 2 with 12 month results that looked fine.

While this may be an all star doctor and clinic, I would not trust my finite number of grafts to a relatively unknown clinic with limited evidence of success.

As for 7,000 grafts in a session, there are clinics such as Eugenix that do that number in one go, but it is spread out over several days.

When I take the plunge, I want to maximize my chance of success by going to an established clinic with a proven track record and actual patients posting 12 months results on forums. I wouldn't want to take my chances at a clinic like this one.

The only thing that stands out about this clinic is that he does only 1 procedure a day per patient, and he inserts the incessions himself...

Yes, 4,500 grafts seems like a ton of grafts for that small level of loss.

There are other more well known HT docs in Turkey that perform on 1 patient per day such as Pekiner. HLC is a very reputable clinic in Turkey.

• Like 1

Is it true SAPHIRE FUE technique can allow for more grafts to be implanted in one session? I saw many people getting over 5,000 grafts per session at this clinic and they said it is because the SAPHIRE FUE technique allows the grafts to be more densely placed, is this true??

• 4 weeks later...

Hello. I just had my procedure with Dr. Mehmet and I can confirm that he does take one patient per day and the cost was $4,000 euro with the package. I can not speak to the question regarding 5,000-7,000 grafts as I only got 4,500 because my hair loss isn’t all that advanced. However, I will say that I had an excellent experience. He is very professional and really took his time to make sure I have a great result. The clinic is very nice and clean. He also sends you home with a huge package of after-procedure care including, shampoos( several), vitamins, medications, dermal repair cream.. . . He asks that you send him pictures/ updates weekly for the next 18 months to keep up with your case.  I was also given his direct number in case I have any questions. He is very quick to respond.

I chose Doctor Mehmet after a shit ton of research and I am very confident that I made the right decision especially after hearing so many horror stories from other clinics in the city. I highlY recommend his practice. Hope this helps. 

@Adam12088 you registered 20 minutes ago, and you post a review on this doctor.  Open a thread posting photos of the pre-surgery, procedure and update it month by month, you will do a great service to the community and also to the doctor.

• Like 1

@EgyYeah I suppose I could. I have to take the pictures anyway. I registered 20 mins before posting because I just left my post-procedure check up with the Dr and he kindly asked me to respond to this post so that a legitimate patient is posting instead of somebody hired to write fake reviews. 

E19CA757-923F-4918-8812-97E4ACA56B56.jpeg

C7921868-B62B-4E60-9716-2A36565C0D4B.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

It’s always alarming when you’re discussing a clinic and one post wonders come to share their “reviews.” 

I have no idea about this clinic or their work, but reviews with monthly reviews up to month 12 are absolutely vital. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

This is a very bad clinic and not a professional doctor at all. He over harvests, has no after photos or videos, and he photoshops peoples after results thats why they always ask for a clear face picture on whatsapp.

@JovsGata

On 4/21/2021 at 12:56 AM, JovsGata said:

This is a very bad clinic and not a professional doctor at all. He over harvests, has no after photos or videos, and he photoshops peoples after results thats why they always ask for a clear face picture on whatsapp.

@JovsGata hey what happened. i thought u sounded confident regarding him. did u do ur HT there? how is it coming along?

He over harvests, does over 6,000 grafts per one session. Forces his customers to post reviews on the spot. When you search his clinic you can barely find any after results. There is one Irish guy and his hair transplant looks like a turkey, multiple grafts in the front hairline.

Well, maybe @Adam12088 will create a new thread to document his journey. The only way to judge a clinic's quality is with photos. If he will post monthly updates like many of us do, I'm sure the results will speak for themselves.

11 hours ago, MachoVato said:

Well, maybe @Adam12088 will create a new thread to document his journey. The only way to judge a clinic's quality is with photos. If he will post monthly updates like many of us do, I'm sure the results will speak for themselves.

This clinic will butcher your donor. 

Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 9.11.25 AM.png

As far as Diamond Clinic goes, it is probably one of the most DANGEROUS clinics operating in all of Turkey. I have reached out to numerous people who had transplants here and they all ended with a terrible result due to over harvesting. No legit clinic including the hair mills would ever say its ok to do over 6,4000 grafts in one session. This clinic is notorious for doing over 6,000 grafts in a single session. Per the people who got their hair transplants here, they say the Dr. tells the clients to message him everyday for 2 months on whatsapp, obviously there is no real growth during that time. When it comes time for the growth to show by month 5 month 6 for the results to start showing he vanishes and doesn't respond. Also I have been told every time a client goes there he tries to solicit reviews right after the procedure to post them on the review sites, many which are all fake by the way, and no authentic reviews after 12 months growth, all the reviews you see from his clinic are literally right after the surgery.

This clinic has been active since 2012 claiming to do thousands of surgeries from people around the world, but you can only find ONE result, a guy from Ireland, who looks like a turkey because they over harvested the area and looks like a plant is growing out of his forehead. Some people have told me the reason why you don't find much about this clinic online is because he had many negative reviews removed from the web. On his website he claims he is the best hair transplant surgeon in Turkey, claims he was the first one to use the FUE method and he claims he performed over 8,000 procedures.

Look, 3 days in a row you've talked really badly about this clinic. Using words like "butcher", "fraud", and "dangerous"... all without evidence.

If you have real photos, share them. Or tell those numerous people you've spoken with to do so. 

Otherwise, you're just spreading negative rumors. 

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
On 3/24/2021 at 12:58 AM, Gatsby said:

If it sounds too good to be true then usually it is in life. Hair transplants are no exception. 'World FUE Institute?' What does that even mean in real terms? Using the Sapphire FUE technique guarantees growth of 90% of implanted hair? It's the surgeon 'behind' the punch (and not the punch) that dictates the rate of growth. Patients from all around the world could be due to the low price? There are so many red flags just in the advertising. Let the buyer beware.

Hi there, I noticed that you're a senior member here, is there any list or post in this group regarding the best/safe/good clinics and doctors to do a HT in Turkey? I'm trying to decide where to go but I find new info everyday, it gets overwhelming. Thank you.