Has anyone with finasteride side effects tried Topical Dutasteride?

G_5000

Hello guys, I have tried twice finasteride in the past and had side effects both times. Side effects started to occur from month 4 to 6.

After waiting long time, side effects finally wared off. 

So now, I am looking for a side effects free solution. Aside from Brezula, which is not yet out in the market I found that topical dutasteride is the best candidate for that. 

Therefore, I would be very glad if people who had finasteride side effects and have tried topical dutasteride share with us their experiences and advices.

Thank you all!          

Edited by G_5000

How old are you? Do you work out or exercise? Are you in faily good health and shape?

What kind of side-efects, ED? How severe was it?

Did you try taking half pill instead ? or even space it out, taking every other day instead of every day?

I don't believe Topical is a side effect free solution because of skin absorption into bloodstream, so be careful, it's not FDA approved.

Edited by Phab

Thanks, im 37 and tried finasteride when i was 32 and last year. I exercise 3 or at least twice a week and i am pretty healthy.

My sides were ED related, but lets not focus on my sides on this thread. No I didn't try micro dosing, but I feel in general that when finasteride builds in me (aside any kind of dosing) the side effects will appear again if you want to see result in your hair.          

As far as I understand topical dutasteride is not as absorbed systemically, have a look on the video below (minute 14:00):  

5 hours ago, G_5000 said:

Hello guys, I have tried twice finasteride in the past and had side effects both times. Side effects started to occur from month 4 to 6.

After waiting long time, side effects finally wared off. 

So now, I am looking for a side effects free solution. Aside from Brezula, which is not yet out in the market I found that topical dutasteride is the best candidate for that. 

Therefore, I would be very glad if people who had finasteride side effects and have tried topical dutasteride share with us their experiences and advices.

Thank you all!          

I've ordered topical dutasteride and will be trying it when it comes in. Breezula isn't out yet but you could still get the compound if you were willing to take some "risks" associated to getting it without it being on market yet officially. Fluridil + Alfatradiol are on market and sold in Europe so I would consider that as well

@G_5000 So you tried twice? I have the same problem with you with finasteride and ED and we are the same age. I started using it when I was 20. Used for 10 years and stopped about 7 years ago. So I stopped it when you started it. ED still an issue.

Anyway, I hope this topical solution works better for you. Keep us posted because I might try next.

I wonder why such product has not become available and approved yet. Finasteride has been in the market since 1992, and there has been a lot of research on it for years before that. There should be enough time for this topical solution to be available like the pill form is.

I have a thread in this forum where I say I'm gonna give Finasteride another try and cut it in half. There's a doctor that suggested it to me. And in this video this doctors say to do the same thing:

Edited by Phab

9 hours ago, TorontoMan said:

I've ordered topical dutasteride and will be trying it when it comes in. Breezula isn't out yet but you could still get the compound if you were willing to take some "risks" associated to getting it without it being on market yet officially. Fluridil + Alfatradiol are on market and sold in Europe so I would consider that as well

Great keep us update, btw what are Fluridil + Alfatradiol ? Also how can you get Breezula?

8 hours ago, Phab said:

@G_5000 So you tried twice? I have the same problem with you with finasteride and ED and we are the same age. I started using it when I was 20. Used for 10 years and stopped about 7 years ago. So I stopped it when you started it. ED still an issue.

Anyway, I hope this topical solution works better for you. Keep us posted because I might try next.

I wonder why such product has not become available and approved yet. Finasteride has been in the market since 1992, and there has been a lot of research on it for years before that. There should be enough time for this topical solution to be available like the pill form is.

I have a thread in this forum where I say I'm gonna give Finasteride another try and cut it in half. There's a doctor that suggested it to me. And in this video this doctors say to do the same thing:

Dude if you still have ED problems, why would you go anywhere near this drug again ? Just stay away

I dont trust these people and basically i dont trust anyone when it comes to me and my case (everybody is different in the end of the day)  

I have seen these video and the guy on the right says he has never seen anyone not coming back from finasteride and yet you say you still have problems. My only hope for topical dutasteride comes from the fact that its a different drug and i might respond better for whatever reason    

Also, how come you still have problems after so many years. For me when i stopped it took a few months both times but it came back, I realized the hormonal imbalance as when it started getting back to normal i started having pimples as i did when i was a teenager!    

Edited by G_5000

Yeah, you're right. But I think the topical solution is more dangerous than the pill. Because when taking the pill you your body is absorbing exactly what you take. When putting it on the head, there's no way to know how much. It could be less, it could be more, depends how much you drop on it and there's no way to know, is there?. And the skin will absorb into the bloodstream. Does that make sense?

Edited by Phab

1 hour ago, Phab said:

Yeah, you're right. But I think the topical solution is more dangerous than the pill. Because when taking the pill you your body is absorbing exactly what you take. When putting it on the head, there's no way to know how much. It could be less, it could be more, depends how much you drop on it and there's no way to know, is there?. And the skin will absorb into the bloodstream. Does that make sense?

Well i am also trying to find out, how they measure and count the dosage  

Yeah, I read the solution is not uniform. That could make our body absorb different levels of Finasteride/Dutasteride at different times. Not saying that would be a problem, but with the pill, the body may be able to better adjusts for an always/constant amount. It just scares me more not knowing how much my body is absorbing it

I'm sorry for being negative, but I don't believe the liquid form would be diffferent than the pill. I want to believe it is but even clinical trials indicate it isn't. "Side effects between oral and topical finasteride also seem similar, although they are based on surveys of the patients rather than any scientific methodology."

I know this is a trial on topical Finasteride not Dutasteride, but I read that Dutasteride is a stronger drug so I believe the topical solution would be stronger too with the similar side-effects, if not more (it is not approved by the FDA for hair loss).

Being so expensive compared to the pill, and not really offering safer results, not sure they are worth the investment.

I'm gonna try taking half, maybe even quarters and will report back. But since everyone is different, that may not mean anything. Anyhow, wish me luck. I wish the same to you!

Edited by Phab

Thanks for the info. Very interesting about the molecular weight. Is it true or selling strategy?

I have a good update about this, check here

Edited by Phab

Why in general any of them worked in any of those since finasteride, which was found in 1992 (by accident) ? Shady drug ? Low people who get side effects ? Who knows ? 

• Administrators

I think we're all looking for this answer. I took finasteride orally and got bad side effects. Topical dutasteride sounds almost too good to be true. Another thing that worries me is if it will affect my fertility at all. I'd like to speak to some surgeons that are compounding it, and maybe, just maybe i'll be a guinea pig. If we can check my labs before taking dutasteride and after using it for a few months. Something a bit more controlled. I think that would be really cool. So far I just know of Mwamba and maybe Wesley. Do you guys know of anyone else?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

20 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I think we're all looking for this answer. I took finasteride orally and got bad side effects. Topical dutasteride sounds almost too good to be true. Another thing that worries me is if it will affect my fertility at all. I'd like to speak to some surgeons that are compounding it, and maybe, just maybe i'll be a guinea pig. If we can check my labs before taking dutasteride and after using it for a few months. Something a bit more controlled. I think that would be really cool. So far I just know of Mwamba and maybe Wesley. Do you guys know of anyone else?

Dr. Hasson's clinic in Canada is doing topical Finasteride and has topical Dutasteride in sight. If you can manage to grab a bottle, they told me there's a 6 month waiting list and only for Canadians in Canada. Also, it has been reported by others here that Dr. Mwamba's fue clinic is invoicing ppl overseas and not shipping the product. Probably for the same reason, a lot of demand, no supply (at least Dr. Hasson's clinic won't even invoice you)

On 3/19/2021 at 2:21 AM, Phab said:

Dr. Hasson's clinic in Canada is doing topical Finasteride and has topical Dutasteride in sight. If you can manage to grab a bottle, they told me there's a 6 month waiting list and only for Canadians in Canada. Also, it has been reported by others here that Dr. Mwamba's fue clinic is invoicing ppl overseas and not shipping the product. Probably for the same reason, a lot of demand, no supply (at least Dr. Hasson's clinic won't even invoice you)

Point is guys I see nobody responding, i am surprised that people with finasteride side effects haven't tried it yet...

I really want to give it try but i am a bit scared. Also it annoys me a lot when people say that the side effects of finasteride come from the placebo effect    

No they don't, they are real ! But thank god they go away 

47 minutes ago, G_5000 said:

Point is guys I see nobody responding, i am surprised that people with finasteride side effects haven't tried it yet...

I really want to give it try but i am a bit scared. Also it annoys me a lot when people say that the side effects of finasteride come from the placebo effect    

No they don't, they are real ! But thank god they go away 

In the clinical trials for finasteride about 4% reported side effects, and about half of them were taking the placebo. So the placebo effect and the side effects are both real.

Dutasteride is more powerful and the long term effects are the big question mark. There will probably be better treatments that come along, if not a cure, before it will get official approval to treat hairloss.

For anyone considering it, I would think hard about sticking with the studied drugs (fin + min) to slow the loss as much as possible, and just get additional hair transplants as needed. Especially if you have a pretty strong donor and your loss is not very aggressive. Nobody wants to be kicking themselves 20 years from now staring down the barrel of some serious health condition because they rolled the dice on an experimental drug trying to hang on to some extra hairs.

Edited by ciaus
  • Like 2

I posted this in other threads, I ordered the topical solution from strutyours.com and will give it a try. Regarding side-effects, I really doubt it would change from the solution to the oral, but will see. I’m planning to just take the oral after I use the solution to try it out

On 3/18/2021 at 9:00 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

I just ordered from strut: https://www.strutyours.com/?utm_medium=paidsearch&utm_source=google&campaignid=9557892932&adgroupid=98180586397&network=g&device=m&gclid=Cj0KCQjwjPaCBhDkARIsAISZN7Qn4temL_S2xC7B6-cZ-jIqjkOZuFxgkLr911cx56yQxw1EXEPwlA4aArkgEALw_wcB

it arrived 3 days later. Meanwhile I am still waiting for the DUT I ordered from Mwamba 6 weeks ago. 

I likely won’t be able to do a very controlled review since my hair is still improving from my HT 8 months ago and I’m about to get full scalp density SMP. so if my hair looks better there will be lots of variables involved. 

@EvoXOhio That was fast! I'm likely just gonna take the pill, the gel takes a lot of work, a lot of pumps, and most just get on the hair and not the scalp.

I might try PRP or exosomes, have you tried that?

Edited by Phab

8 hours ago, Phab said:

@EvoXOhio That was fast! I'm likely just gonna take the pill, the gel takes a lot of work, a lot of pumps, and most just get on the hair and not the scalp.

I might try PRP or exosomes, have you tried that?

I had PRP with my HT, never tried exosomes. I really don’t know if either are really effective, I need to read up on them.