HAIR CUT AFTER FUT

Hairguyyy

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone knows if it’s possible to do a skin fade cut after an fut transplant. I know if you cut it too short you will see a a scar but if you fade it and keep it longer on top would it be visible? Anyone have tried to do this? I had my fut in a month.

I would not count on being able to get a skin fade with either FUT or FUE. There are no scarless surgical options. If the FUT scar is very high you might be able to hide it under a 3 or 4 gaurd length cut. It's hard to go from skin to  that length in the area below the occipital ridge though. More realistically you would have to start the lowest gaurd at 1 or 2 in the nape area and increase length to 3/4/5 around the FUT scar. Skin fades with FUE are pretty much contraindicated unless your punch size is very small (0.9/0.8) and you scar exceptionally well. Do not get a hair transplant if you are banking on a skin fade or shaving your head in the future. 

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

• Administrators
13 hours ago, Hairguyyy said:

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone knows if it’s possible to do a skin fade cut after an fut transplant. I know if you cut it too short you will see a a scar but if you fade it and keep it longer on top would it be visible? Anyone have tried to do this? I had my fut in a month.

I’ve seen something similar by @Mike V check out his thread. A skin fade probably not a good idea, you’ll have to start fading in to a zero, 1,2, and 3. Even the best scars will be visible at a 2 guard. I did a half guard to a #3 on my friend. His scar is thin, but still slightly visible 

image.jpeg

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

Also check out the last post from @Tbcruz

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Skin fades are doable. Obviously you can’t do high skin fades without you seeing the scar completely but mid to low are good .. you won’t even see the scar. Trust me .. check my post.

• Moderators

As Melvin said, MikeV is doing something like that. You can check out his post here.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.